(Connecticut State Police via AP), This photo provided by Angelique Feliciano shows firefighters and police responding after a crash involving a fuel truck and a car sparked a fire on the Gold Star Bridge between New London and Groton, Conn., on Friday, April 21, 2023. Say hi if you see him out in town. Courtney Frank, 19, was charged in connection with the Sept. 28, 2022 incident in which she allegedly was driving drunk, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney . Access was closed to pedestrians in all four directions as police officers remained on site and car debris was gradually cleared. PUBLISHED: August 5, 2022 at 5:04 a.m. | UPDATED: August 5, 2022 at 5:04 a.m. Three adults, an infant and an unborn child died and seven other people were injured Thursday, Aug. 4, in a fiery . KANSAS CITY, Mo. Seven vehicles were involved in the crash near the intersection of. The Burnett County Sheriff's . No injuries were reported. This was a tragic accident at 11:15 this morning, Lamont said. Example video title will go here for this video. The 51-year old male driver of the tractor trailer was not injured in the crash; he was wearing a seatbelt. A nursing shortage is hitting Arizona hard. Two cars were found ablaze when first responders arrived at a crash near . It happened on US Highway 87 near mile marker 31, several miles northwest of the town of Stanford. Public records in Texas show someone with the same name as a registered nurse with a current, valid license. Associated Press writers Susan Haigh in Norwich, Connecticut, and Pat Eaton-Robb in Columbia, Connecticut, contributed to this report. (Angelique Feliciano via AP), In this photo taken from video, smoke billows from the southbound edge of the Gold Star Bridge, Friday, April 21, 2023, in Groton, Conn. A crash involving a fuel truck and a car sparked a fire on the bridge, with flames spreading to buildings below and officials closing Interstate 95 in both directions during the blaze. No traffic restrictions are reported for this area. As of Friday morning the CHP said 6 people died in the crash and at least 8 others were injured. On Saturday, May 28, 2022, at about 1:10 a.m., a fatal . Generator vs power station: Which one is right for you? 0:53. Give Light and the People Will Find Their Own Way. FERGUS COUNTY, Mont. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. pic.twitter.com/SrwbXUJycP, Brennon Dixson (@TheBrennonD) August 5, 2022. Police The eastbound drivers were both wearing their seatbelts, while the driver of the Buick was not. No reported CHP Traffic incidents for this route. in Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies from Columbia University. 1, 2022 at 1:41 PM PST. Generator vs power station: Which one is right for you? Lake George restaurant closes after almost 4 years, Head coach, players leave Empire in latest shakeup, Speakeasy-style restaurant to open in Saratoga, Le Creuset just launched a dreamy new color for spring, Our fitness expert weighs in on this years top spring, Accused Gillis shooter petitioning for jail release, New York State Fair ticket and parking prices to, U.S. lifting COVID vaccine mandate at Canadian border, 7 bodies found in search for two missing OK teens, Jury selection begins for Schoharie limo trial, DeSantis board sues Disney in latest tug-of-war in, FDIC recommends raising insured deposit limit for, Gwyneth Paltrow wont recoup attorney fees in ski, Biden calls McCarthy to meet amid debt ceiling warning, Schenectady man charged with sexual exploitation, Medicaid: 5M New Yorkers to receive better dental, Yellen says drop-dead date for debt ceiling is June, Saratoga County Career Center announces May workshops, Reward offered for return of stolen church bell, BestReviews.com - Top gifts to make everyone happy this spring, Surprise your mom with one of these Mothers Day, Mothers Day inspo: This foot massager has 20,000, Drew Barrymores Walmart collection is perfect for, Best Mothers Day gifts for the budding plant mom, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. I wanted to get off the bridge as soon as possible.. BREA, Calif. (KABC) -- All lanes of the southbound 57 Freeway were temporarily shut down in Brea Monday morning after a person was struck and killed. (@sbottone/LOCAL NEWS X /TMX via AP). At about 4 p.m., a woman's vehicle crossed into oncoming traffic and collided with a moving truck near State Route 87 and Baptist Church Road. Things to do in Seabrook: A guide to Washington's cozy 5 farmhouses to book for an agritourism getaway, Dyson's air purifying headphones have finally arrived, GoFundMe launched to help man shot during Fiesta in San Antonio, Cardi B speaks out on 'mean girls' in viral TikTok at Houston Astros game, What to know about the invasive hammerhead flatworms spotted in Texas, New Braunfels golf course Sip N Putt is leaving putt putt in the dust, Remaining San Antonio Bed Bath & Beyond stores to close with big sales, Guess the rent of this modern one-bedroom Leon Valley apartment, 7 underrated burgers in San Antonio worth trying, Preorder 'The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom' today. Tuxedo Two drivers were killed in a wrong-way crash on the Thruway early Tuesday, state police said. Associated Press 12:01 PM, Apr 25, 2023 . Bleickhardt was declared deceased at the scene. OTS includes key figures from as recently as 2019 on a "quick stats" page, some of which include: - Total traffic fatalities went down more than 5% from 2018 to 2019 (from 3,798 to 3,606). The intersection is almost always busy with three lanes of traffic in each direction, said Martin. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! "This is something that we can control. Nina Basantes, a spokeswoman for the Navy, said the fire was not impacting operations at the submarine base. The intersection is currently closed to cars and pedestrians. CHICAGO (WLS) -- Two people have died in a horrific wrong-way crash on Chicago's South Side Wednesday evening, officials said. All rights reserved. It looks like a passenger vehicle tire blew out, creating an incident" with the truck, which tipped over, he said. The 48-year old female passenger in the GMC died at the scene; her name has not been released. The Charger then stopped in traffic, facing southbound, and immediately caught fire, killing the two occupants in the vehicle. Fredericksburg crash leaves 2 dead, 1 in critical condition. Share. Officials said the truck driver died and other people were injured. Latest News Stories. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Read More 1 Killed, 2 Injured In Easter Weekend Wrong-Way, Head-On Crash New York Yonkers I-87 source: Bing 18 views Apr 10, 2023 04:56am (Angelique Feliciano via AP), In this photo provided by the Connecticut State Police, plumes of smoke rise from a fire resulting from crash involving a fuel truck and a car on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge in Groton, CT., Friday, April 21, 2023. Tap into Non-Stop News from Montana Right Now! 0:04. Here's why. The crash closed Interstate 95 in both directions during the blaze. Ned Lamont and other officials said at an afternoon news conference that the truck spilled about 2,200 gallons (8,340 liters) of home heating oil, and some of it went into the river. (WCAX) - New York State Police have released the name of the driver who died in a fiery crash in Northern New York. UAlbany student dies in Northway crash allegedly caused by serial DWI driver Katryn Fisher was killed after State Police said a New Jersey man was allegedly drunk and slammed into the back of her. CHICAGO (WLS) -- Two people were killed in a horrific wrong-way crash on Chicago's South Side Wednesday night, officials said. An eastbound tractor trailer was unable to avoid crashing into the GMC pickup truck. He died at the scene. Watch on. Flames spread to buildings below, causing officials to close Interstate 95 in both directions during the blaze. The arrest was also confirmed by members of Linton's family. Toni Guinyard reports for Today in LA on Friday, Aug. 5, 2022. The Buick struck the side of her vehicle and continued driving in the wrong lane, striking the Ram 3500 head on, injuring the driver. Gabriel Romero is the Hill Country reporter for MySA.com. So I kind of ducked, Esquivel said. According to Montana Highway Patrol, a 42-year-old Billings man was driving westbound in a Buick Lesabre on US-87 when he drifted into the opposite lane and into oncoming traffic. Feliciano said she has seen numerous accidents in Groton but nothing like the incident Friday. FATAL CRASH: Northbound I-87 closed a NYS Thruway plow, two trucks and four cars crashed killing 1, injuring 6. It happened on US Highway 87 near mile marker 31, several . Seven vehicles were involved in the crash near the intersection of. 1/88. The shell of a burnt Mercedes sat on a corner, as residents gathered at the edge of police tape soberly discussing the days events. He was arraigned at the Wilton Town Court and remanded to the Saratoga County Correctional Facility without bail. Bottone snapped a video of the flames and was audibly in shock. Dear Abby: I have a great life, so why have I fallen into this shameful behavior? CNN A car speeding down a Chicago street in the wrong direction Wednesday slammed into several other vehicles at an intersection, killing its two occupants and injuring 16 other people, including. John Klemack Reports on Aug. 5,2022. An early morning crash on Sunday, claimed the life of a local teen. "I've seen many, many -- and this is among the worst.". Roads throughout the area are snow-covered and slick. ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) One person is dead following a fatal crash on NC-87 in Alamance County, according to North Carolina State Highway Patrol and the Department of Transportation. Local news headlines from NonStop Local Bozeman and Butte - delivered to your email inbox every weekday. Read More Firefighters identify EMT killed, paramedic injured in ambulance crash on SR-87 in Mesa Arizona AZ-87 source: Bing 36 views TOWN OF ANDERSON (BURNETT COUNTY), Wis. (WEAU) - Two people are dead after a head-on crash Monday evening in Burnett County. The crash happened on Interstate 87 in Au Sable at about 4:40 p.m. Monday. L.A. nurse who slammed speeding Mercedes into cars, killing 5, arrested by CHP. HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Seven years after a 19-year-old was struck and killed, his family and supporters held a rally on Farrington highway in Nanakuli.. Video shows pieces of the vehicle scattered on the highway with first responders around the car in the median and directing traffic. The Dodge Charger was reported stolen out of Markham earlier in the day Wednesday, according to Brown. The MHP says that a GMC pickup truck towing a utility trailer was westbound when for some reason it drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic. This investigation is ongoing. April 7, 2023 3:29 am. Fatal crash involving ambulance closes State Route 87 in Mesa | 12news.com. The crash happened around 5 a.m. near Lambert . The Gold Star actually comprises two steel truss bridges, one for southbound traffic and the other for northbound. Local News. (Connecticut State Police via AP), This photo provided by Angelique Feliciano shows people embracing as firefighters and police respond after a crash involving a fuel truck and a car sparked a fire on the Gold Star Bridge between New London and Groton, Conn., on Friday, April 21, 2023. Nearly a year after an 11-year-old Iowa boy died in an accident at Adventureland in Altoona, his family has filed a lawsuit against the amusement park . She said she could see the fire from the station. The closest bridge over the Thames River is about 11 miles (18 kilometers) to the north, creating a long detour. State Police probe fatal crash on I-87 in Wilton, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Curry makes case for 98 Yankees as greatest baseball team ever, Galway Odyssey of the Mind teams hold fundraisers to get to World Finals, SNAPSHOT: An education and a career thanks to Capital Region BOCES, Saratoga Springs man arrested for stealing more than $260,000, Saratoga Springs Police Department blotter, Saratoga Chamber 'Reverse Job Fair' planned for May 2, Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation 2023 Historic Homes Tour on May 13, SNAPSHOT: Capital Region BOCES teacher earns Teacher of the Year honors from state association, Saratoga Voices to hold concert at Skidmore on May 13, Siobhan Connally's Ittybits & Pieces: The long wait in the waiting room, GlobalFoundries completes purchase of 800 acres adjacent to Malta facility, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. A pedestrian sidewalk that runs the length of the bridge remains closed. Create a bonsai tree out of bricks with this $40 LEGO set, Save on AeroGarden indoor herb growing kits at Amazon. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. 1:09. Rodriguez was extracted from his vehicle and transported to Albany Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries. State environmental crews worked to contain the spill. As I got closer, I was like, oh my goodness.. The crash shut down parts of the northbound and southbound lanes. Angelique Feliciano, 40, had accidentally taken a wrong turn and ended up on the bridge as the fire trucks arrived. We will update you if we get more information. highway 87. Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. 0:00. Anyone who was in the area or has information about the crash to call Police. At 6:05 a.m., the Canyon police and fire departments were called to the scene of a . Seven vehicles were involved in the crash near the intersection of 87th and Cottage Grove in the Chatham neighborhood. NOT FOR EMERGENCY USE. According to Montana Highway Patrol, a 42-year-old Billings man was driving westbound in a Buick Lesabre on US-87 when he drifted into the opposite lane and into oncoming traffic. All rights reserved, the CHP said 6 people died in the crash and at least 8 others were injured, New Video Shows Horrific Fiery Multi-Car Crash at Windsor Hills Intersection That Killed 6, At Least Eight People Transported to Hospital in Windsor Hills Crash, Surveillance Footage Shows Moment of Deadly Windsor Hills Crash, How Malia Obama Is Taking a Major Step in Her Hollywood Career, 25-Year-Old Makes $200/Hour Without a Bachelor's Degree: I Work Less Than 6 Hours a Day', 2 Students Stabbed Outside Los Angeles High School, Pilot Identified in Fatal Single-Engine Plane Crash on Beverly Crest Hillside. Police said the driver . This spring, Le Creuset has introduced an exciting new shade thats already selling fast: shallot, a soft lavender with pink and slight gray undertones. Estimated End Time: Until further notice Updated: 4/28/2023 9:00 PM I-287 - Cross Westchester Expwy - eastbound - Milepost 7.55 crash The highway looked like it was on fire itself, she said. About six hours after the accident, an eerie quiet hung over the normally bustling intersection. McNear is being held without bond. Kaiser Permanente released the following statement regarding the crash: "Everyone at Kaiser Permanente is deeply saddened by Thursdays horrific crash. State Department of Transportation inspectors determined there was no damage to the bridge's steel structure, said Josh Morgan, an agency spokesperson. Arizona Crash Report: 1 injured in rear-end crash involving 18-wheeler in Phoenix. Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings. 5 killed, 7 injured in fiery crash in Southern, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), H-1B: Feds want criminal charges over application fraud for Silicon Valleys favorite visa, 5 killed, 7 injured in fiery crash in Southern California, Los Banos woman killed in crash east of Gilroy, Redwood City: Publics help sought in solving fatal hit-and-run, At least 6 dead in Illinois crash during dust storm, Speeding truck smashes into metal column in fatal Concord freeway wreck, San Jose: Pedestrian killed in early morning collision. DUI suspected in three-car fatal accident on US-87, Bozeman business donates $7,000 worth of Christmas toys, Montana State celebrates life of Sonny Holland, Bobcats Dominate W&M and Advance to Semifinals With 55-7 Win, Bozeman Symphony presents second annual Holiday Spectacular, Montana Tech students receive nation's top STEM scholarship, Temperature spikes likely to bring short-term flooding, NorthWestern Energy, Montana PSC discuss possible rate increase, 'Empty Bowls' feeds Butte, children in need, Man sentenced after embezzling money, manipulating man so he could pay it back, East Middle School student brings air soft gun on bus, Cascade Co. under stage 1 fire restrictions, Blackfeet Law Enforcement investigating death of woman near Heart Butte, Flathead City-County Health Dept. The crash caused major traffic backups on the busy stretch of Interstate 95, the main north-south artery on the East Coast. CalTrans Road Conditions SR-87 Updated: April 30, 2023 08:52AM. LISBON A fatal crash near Zepernick Lake on state Route 172 last fall that killed a Massillon woman and injured her husband has resulted in charges against a Canfield man. Lauren Coronado reports for the NBC4 News at 11 p.m. on Aug. 4, 2022. He refused to let it end in Game 7, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. Success! Save on AeroGarden indoor herb growing kits at Amazon, Dyson's air purifying headphones have finally arrived, Preorder 'The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom' today, Astros vs Phillies: How to get tickets and free swag this weekend, There are a ton of great patio furniture sets on sale right now, Heat and humidity head to Houston as summer approaches, Astros headed to Mexico City in 2024 for historic matchup, Why this scenic train ride is considered one of Colorado's best. The Montana Highway Patrol responded to a crash in Judith Basin County on Tuesday, April 12, 2022, that involved at least one fatality. WILTON, N.Y. ( NEWS10) One person is dead after a fatal crash on the Northway in Wilton on Thursday. I-87 - NYS Thruway - in both directions - Milepost 16.7 speed restriction speed restriction I-87 - NYS Thruway in both directions between MARIO CUOMO BRIDGE and exit 10 Speed Limit: 45 MPH . Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Here's how to score the best deals on tickets, plus all the free promotions you won't want to miss. Earlier reports said six people were killed. I saw things flying in the air. William Noel Armstrong, 21, and Larcolm Allan James Keith Brown, also 21, were both on parole in April 2022 when their crime spree ended in a stolen car crash that injured Brown's 24-year-old . 20-year-old charged with murder after man shot, killed on 4th Avenue in Macon, Family urges travel safety after 8-year-old daughter assaulted at Macon rest stop, Beautiful week underway, still breezy through Wednesday, Poison ivy is getting worse with climate change, 1 killed, 1 hospitalized after car crash on Emery Highway in Macon, Nine wounded by gunfire in shooting at crowded Columbia area park. A crash involving a fuel delivery truck and a car sparked a spectacular fire on a major Connecticut highway bridge Friday, with flames spreading to land on one side and officials closing Interstate 95 in both directions during the blaze. New York accidents near I-87 Yonkers accidents near I-87 Newburgh accidents near I-87 Kingston accidents near I-87 Albany accidents near I-87 Glens Falls accidents near I-87 Plattsburgh accidents near I-87. Copyright 2022 WCAX. A registered nurse has been arrested and will be charged with vehicular manslaughter in the crash that killed five . Northbound lanes were soon reopened, and two of the southbound lanes reopened early Friday evening, providing some relief for drivers. Flames spread to buildings below, causing officials to close Interstate 95 in both directions during the blaze. Video shows intensive DEA training for drug busts, Lightfoot discusses downtown violence, next CPD superintendent. Travelling eastbound was a Ford Expedition driven by a 34-year-old woman from Lewiston, as well as a Ram 3500 driven by a 69-year-old man from Grass Range when the Buick drifted into the lane. At this time the man has been charged for allegedly driving while impaired. 1 dead, 5 hurt in multi-car crash on Interstate 10 in New Orleans . Drivers are being urged to avoid the area. He is a California transplant with a healthy curiosity of the Lone Star State. Lowell Horst, 28, Lisbon Road, was served Tuesday with a secret indictment issued by the recent Columbiana County Grand Jury for aggravated vehicular . Traffic deaths declined slightly in the fourth quarter, the third straight quarterly . The 40-year old driver of the GMC pickup truck was taken to Benefis Health System in Great Falls; the nature and extent of his injuries has not been disclosed. Michael Jaramillo died early . She has a background in daily news coverage and long-form stories on housing policy, homelessness, mental health and drug use. Driver in deadly Tempe Uber autonomous crash set for June trial. Texas House passes bill to decriminalize marijuana, Family gets largest known jail-death settlement in Texas, Massive ranch up for sale near Texas next big state park, Texas man catches giant alligator snapping turtle, releases it, 3,800-acre San Antonio-area property to become Texas state park, Conroe ISD schools secured as manhunt for gunman continues, KPRC 2 Houston names new 4 p.m. anchor, adds traffic lead, Ime Udoka, Rockets dropping hints on teams free agency plans, Greg Abbott 'regrets' calling massacre victim 'illegal', You can own your own cave system for a cool $875k, home included, FBI to direct 'large scale' nuclear training in Houston this week, Uber ranks Houston among most 'forgetful' U.S. cities, Family gets largest known jail-death settlement in Texas: 'We wanted justice', Massive Coastal Bend ranch up for sale near Texas next big state park, Texas man catches massive alligator snapping turtle, then releases it back into the wild, Property north of San Antonio set to become a new Texas state park, Conroe ISD schools secured as manhunt for Cleveland, Texas shooter continues, KPRC 2 promotes Candace Burns to anchor, hires new traffic lead.
James Macdonald New Church, Inquests In Milton Keynes, Why Did Sally Leave Aurora Teagarden, Medhelp 280 Patient Portal, Articles F