Teen Vogue covers the latest in celebrity news, politics, fashion, beauty, wellness, lifestyle, and entertainment. 'Wizards of Waverly Place' Guest Stars You Forgot About - Insider Ive known her for so many years so its nice to share a space with somebody for a long period of time. Here's everything you need to know about the busy young star. [Photo via Austin Butler/Instagram], In July 2019, it was announced that Austin Butler had been cast as Elvis Presley in the 2022 Baz Luhrmann biopic. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Movie News India Movie Spotlight. "Wizards of Waverly Place" Positive Alex (TV Episode 2010) - Austin And by way back, the pairs friendship dates all the way back to Gomezs days starring as Alex Russo on Disney Channels Wizards of Waverly Place, where Butler had a guest starring role as her onscreen boyfriend. This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. By signing up, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy and to receive emails from POPSUGAR. [Photo via Getty/Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images] 2. In 2012, Vanessa gushed about Austin, telling Womens Health: "I am very self-reliant, but it's nice to have a best friend you can share victories with as well as losses." Sons of Anarchy actor Christopher Douglas Reed made a small cameo on the Disney Channel television series during a four-part special titled Wizards of Apartment 12B. And that's been a surreal thing, looking back at what my dreams were when I was 15, and then getting to work with the people that he got to work with, getting to be on set with him.". Austin Butler George ( Austin Butler) is a student at Tribeca Prep who is the marching band conductor. [Photo via CW], Austin Butler appeared in one episode of iCarly as Jake Crandall. 2023 E! A few years before joining these two projects, the actress made a small cameo in the third season of this Disney Channel show playing the character of Dr. Ice. Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure (2011) Stream On Disney+ In this High School Musical spin-off film, Austin plays Sharpay's optimistic and kind love interest, Peyton Leverett. TV Shows. After things spiraled out of control, Justin was able to undo the spell by giving Mr. and Mrs. Russo brownies. "But a lot of times what would happen is the guy would talk to me and we'd have a great time and I'd feel like, 'Oh, this is going well,' and at the end of the week, they'd pass me their number to give to Selena. Initially, Alex gets mad at Future Harper for stealing her adventures to share with the world, although they end up patching things up by the end of the episode. The 26 Best Walmart Deals to Shop This Weekend. When I was filmingElvis, Selena found this photograph of the two of us when I did a guest-star thing on her showWizards of Waverly Place. His name was Keith Keith and he bugged Alex about her love life. Selena Gomez Sent Austin Butler Throwback From Disney Channel Days Thanks to Baz Luhrmann's biopic, the actor has become a bonafide movie star, collecting his firstGolden Globeaward andan Oscar nominationfor his portrayal of the late star. [Brian To/WENN.com, Katrina Jordan/Sipa USA], Austin Butler plays Tex Watson in Quentin Tarantinos Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Selena Gomez Sent Austin Butler Throwback From Disney Channel Days Everything was not what it seemed when it came to dating on the set of the Wizards of Waverly Place. Wizards of Waverly Place (2007) - IMDb The two actors go way back to when Butler appeared on an episode of Disney Channel's Wizards of Waverly Place, which starred Gomez as teen wizard Alex Russo. Austin Butler Is 'So Proud' of Friend Selena Gomez: 'I Feel Really Honored to Be in Her Company' "I've known her for so many years, so it is nice to get to share space with somebody for a long. Here are 15 stars who made cameos in the show. Her documentary moved me as well. Just like Copperfield, the talented Colombian singer also takes part in Wizards of Waverly Place as herself. Austin Butler will play Elvis in the new biopic directed by Baz Luhrmann. The two met in 2005 and were first romantically linked in 2011. After podcast co-host and Wizards co-star David DeLuiseshared he went an outing with a cast member that probably didn't know "it was a date,"Jennifer noted, "I had something like that with Austin Butler, I'm not gonna lie." In the episode, Austin plays a guy that Alex is interested in going to the dance with, but who thinks she is too negative. "I would always have crushes on all of Selena's boyfriends because ever since I was a wee little child, I've liked the mens," she quipped. "He was a big movie buff, which was something that we really loved," Stone, 30, who played Alex's best friend, Harper, on the series, shared on the Wizards of Waverly Pod. "Wizards of Waverly Place" | Austin Butler Movies and TV Shows His performance has garnered critical acclaim and he's set to be one of the front runners for Best Actor at the Oscars. And by "way back," the pair's friendship dates all the way back to Gomez's days starring as Alex Russo on Disney Channel's Wizards of Waverly Place, where Butler had a guest starring role as her onscreen boyfriend. Vote! Austin Butler and Selena Gomez go way back. Published on February 27, 2023 01:51 PM. Elsewhere in the story, the recent Golden Globe winner spoke about becoming "obsessed" with the craft behind acting at a young age. Throughout each season, Wizards of Waverly Place featured different figures from the entertainment world who portrayed different characters, from actors to models, singers and even magicians. Austin Robert Butler is an American actor, singer, and model, who played Peyton Leverett in the 2011 Disney direct-to-DVD film, Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure. "When I was filmingElvis, Selena found this photograph of the two of us when I did a guest-star thing on her show Wizards of Waverly Place. Selena Gomez Texted Austin Butler an Old Photo From Their Wizards of Wizards of Waverly Place star Jennifer Stone is sharing some details about her encounter with one of the show's famous guest stars, Austin Butler. "Wizards of Waverly Place" premiered on Disney Channel in October 2007 and lasted for four seasons. In 2013, a year after the end of the series, the cast returned to reprise their roles for the TV special The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex. Check out the hottest fashion, photos, movies and TV shows! She played a model named Bibi Rockford, who was brought to life after Alex used a magical copy machine on a poster from Justin's room. George Stevie Nichols Alex Russo Magic wand Photo by Eric McCandless/Disney Channel via Getty Images . As he dislikes her for being so . My Mind & Me can be streamed now on Apple TV+, Elvis is available to stream on HBO Max and Wizards of Waverly Place can be viewed in full on Disney+. On February 15, Austin was officially revealed as one of the 12 stars chosen to frontVanity Fair's2023 Hollywood Issue,alongside none other than Selena Gomez. When she loses all respect for being too positive she tries to find a balance. It feels like another life," he said. In the episode, Austin plays a guy that Alex is interested in going to the dance with, but who thinks she is too "negative". [Photo via Instagram/Vanessa Hudgens], Austin Butler has one sister named Ashley. Austin Butler News, Pictures, and Videos - E! Online This site is protected by reCAPTCHA Enterprise and the Google, Selena Gomez and Austin Butler in 'Wizards of Waverly Place. The first episode of this trilogy was released on the second season of Gomez's show, and in it, the Russo brothers attend a teen cruise on the S.S. Tipton. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The series was created by Todd J. Greenwald and stars Selena Gomez, David Henrie, and Jake T. Austin as three wizard siblings with magical abilities competing to win custody of the family powers. Austin Butler's Award-Winning Elvis Role: How Ex Vanessa Hudgens Played a Part. Austin Butler appears in a season 3 episode 10 of 'Wizards of Waverly Place' as George. In an interview with Vanity Fair published on Feb. 15, he shared that while filming "Elvis," the "Only Murders in the Building" actor sent him a photo of the two from when he guest-starred on the Disney Channel show in 2010. [Photo via Disney Channel], Austin Butler has transitioned to film in recent years. [Photo via Getty/Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images], Austin Butler is 31 years old. Getting to see that, I thought that was so brave. Wizards of Waverly Place is an American fantasy teen sitcom that ran from October 12, 2007 to January 6, 2012 on Disney Channel. Photo: Getty Images. In the episode "Positive Alex" from Wizards of Waverly Place's third season, Austin Butler plays George, a Tribeca Prep student who sweeps Alex off her feet. 16 hours ago, by Eden Arielle Gordon In 1998, Wilmer Valderrama became hugely popular for his role as Fez in the teen sitcom That '70s Show, which he reprised this same year in the sequel series That '90s Show. Austin's character is based on Nick Prugo, one of the main ringleaders of the infamous group. Back to real life. Once there, Alex meets Bailey, and ends up saving her life after she chokes on some pizza. In it, The Rock visits Max Russo after he hears that the boy suffers from a disease called "mono-orangosis", unaware that such disease is not real. Austin Butler and Selena Gomez go way back. It looks like we don't have any photos or quotes yet. Wizards of Waverly Place 's Jennifer Stone Recalls "Date" With - Yahoo Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. While the show was airing, Disney Channel also premiered Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie, a made-for-TV production recounting more adventures of this magical family. In it, the main characters are caught up in a mess after reading an incomplete wizard storybook that transported them into the story with its magic, mixing elements from Cinderella and The Three Little Pigs. [Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com], Austin Butler previously dated actress Vanessa Hudgens. See what she revealed about the outing below. 'Wizards of Waverly Place' Star Jennifer Stone Recalls Trying to . Heartthrob Austin Butler may have gained public attention while dating Vanessa Hudgens, but the actor was forging his own path long before they got together. Titles Wizards of Waverly Place. ", Related: Best Disney Channel Animated Series From the 2000s, Ranked. BANG Showbiz. [Photo by Rob Kim/Getty Images], Austin Butler was not in any of the High School Musical films. A Pop Star for the Ages, Donald Glovers Swarm Is Another Piece of Fandom Media That Dehumanizes Black Women, On Velma, Mindy Kaling, and Whether Brown Girls Can Ever Like Ourselves on TV, The Next Generation of Female Rap Lives on TikTok, Gaten Matarazzo Talks Spoilers, Dustin Henderson, and Growing Up on Stranger Things, How K-pop Stars Are Leading Mental Health Conversations for AAPI People and Beyond, Meet the Collective of Philly TikTokers Making You Shake Your Hips, The Midnight Club Star Ruth Codd Isnt Defined By Her Disability, 2023 Cond Nast. Wizards of Waverly Place Lucy Hale and Awkwafina also star. Another would-be Disney Channel romance? 1:00. Austin Butler guest stars in the third season as George, the conductor of the pep band, that Alex finds attractive. In the episode, "Wizards vs. Finkles," from the third season of the series, Kate plays Elaine Finkle, Harper's mother who, together with her father, comes to town to audition for a gig at a train vaudeville act in Romania. Austin Butler Is 'So Proud' of Friend Selena Gomez - People George (Austin Butler) is a student at Tribeca Prep who is the marching band conductor. She recalled on the Feb. 20 episode, "But he like came over to the house and we went somewhere to get snacks and stuff. "It feels like another life," he said of being reminded of the time on set together decades ago. The young persons guide to conquering (and saving) the world. As he dislikes her for being so negative, Alex casts a spell to become a positive person, which works for a while until George stops liking her for being overly optimistic. In an interview for the latest Vanity Fair cover story on Wednesday which features both Gomez and Butler the Golden Globe winner shared how the "Same Old Love" singer sent him an old photo of their time together on the Wizards of Waverly Place set while he was portraying rock legend Elvis Presley. Austin Butler at an event for Wizards of Waverly Place (2007) People Austin Butler. All Rights Reserved. Reed, meanwhile, plays Ogre Malone, a young ogre who lives in Apartment 13B and develops romantic feelings for Alex. Among them is her role in this Disney Channel show, in which she starred in a double episode titled "Wizard School.". Movies. The Elvis actor revealed in a Wednesday (Feb. 15) interview with Vanity Fair that Gomez reminded him of their fateful encounter over a decade ago by sending him a sweet throwback image of the two of them on set for the show. ", Was Austin like that? However, all three are prone to accidents and mischief, so they get themselves into trouble on several occasions. Born and raised in California's Orange County, Butler he made his name as a regular on Disney, CW and Nickelodeon shows - such as Hannah Montana and The Wizards of Waverly Place - usually. Austin Butler at an event for Wizards of Waverly Place (2007) Close. Austin Butler is grateful for his bond with Selena Gomez. "And then at the end of the week, they would pass me their number to give it to Selena.