At the time, Newsmax saw a burst in viewership, even recording higher ratings than the Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum one evening in December 2020. While very little information is available about his early life, publications like Popular Net Worth have reported that the journalist was born in Detroit but raised in Plymouth, Michigan. Jason Carr himself has not talked about this issue on social media or to any news publication. On Monday evening, Eric Bollings 8 p.m. Newsmax program drew 531,000 viewers, according to Nielsen. An outside lawyer investigated Grossberg's allegations, Filippatos said, and Fox News conveyed to Grossberg's lawyers after her firing that her allegations were "unfounded.". WebSince then, Romero took the lead of the show again a reporter asked Rupert about Before and after Photo, she said for comment information and to Manage channel 4 news anchor fired choices in 2017 after investigating for. In the lead-up to the Dominion trial, Carlson's internal communications were released and showed him criticizing Trump and acknowledging that claims about voter fraud in the 2020 election were baseless. How many liberals are you going to fire because they have biases? Through its attorney, Nexstar said it does not comment on pending litigation. Be the first one to comment on this story. These really are end times., By Thursday morning, the network was inviting viewers to vote in a poll: Is it right for Fox News to fire Tucker Carlson?, Fox has been moving to embrace more of an establishment position, Newsmaxs chief executive, Christopher Ruddy, said in an interview on Thursday. Movies. Collin revealed the news via Twitter Tuesday morning, writing that she "made the decision to leave WCCO-TV." The stunning announcement came days after the network settled a high-stakes defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems. Elliot, who has been a CBS daytime anchor for about a year, I'm always engaged. The Justice Department has launched a criminal probe into IRS practices, saying it is looking into potential civil rights violations, and the controversy has been the subject of pointed questioning in Congressional hearings. In a video of the Dec. 6 show obtained by the Free Press, Carr called an unnamed former colleague "one of the worst human beings" he has ever met. I have reached out to Steve Baker to say sorry. Conners says now that he would have liked to have given more context to viewers, but was told he couldn't edit or add to the statement given to him to read on the air. The network will rely on a rotation of interim hosts until it names a permanent anchor for the 8 p.m. In his Facebook post, Randles spoke highly of his time in Nashville, calling it an "amazing place. Hes one of the most influential and significant voices in conservative media, and he shouldnt be ignored., Newsmax Ratings Climb After Tucker Carlsons Exit at Fox, https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/27/business/media/newsmax-fox-ratings-tucker-carlson.html. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. In September a lien was placed on their Clayton home. The couple has a daughter, Gia Carr, born on February 26, 2011. All rights reserved. Nashville, TN News anchor Demetria Kalodimos, who had repeatedly been named the Best Local Reporter and Best Local TV News Personality by the readers of His popularity is making people curious about his termination from the show and channel. Following an off-air incident Channel 4 News anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy has been taken off air for a week, Channel 4 said in a statement on Thursday. They started dating in 2001 and tied the knot in October 2007. While it was not broadcast that word in any context is beneath the standards I set myself and I apologise unreservedly. There are several openings in front of and behind the camera in local television, Pergament says. The television news industry was rattled yet again on Monday when CNN anchor Don Lemon shared on Twitter that he had been terminated by the network after 17 years there. He joined the Local 4 Defenders Investigative Unit in 1996, according to his profile on the station's website. An anchor scorned is an anchor with a lawyer -- and Larry Conners is suing KMOV not only over how he got fired, but Can I prove it? She says she was the only Asian on-air employee at Fox 4. "I never said that's what happened, and I'm still not saying it," Conners said. An early morning and noontime anchor, Moreno was the 2019 Heartland Emmy winner for best news anchor. "I am even more proud of my 30-year record of broadcast reporting that has helped thousands of people without the voice, power or platform to help themselves.". Andrew Napolitano, a Newsmax pundit who was fired by Fox News in 2021 over a harassment allegation, said Fox News dismissing its top-rated anchor is like the Meet the people who bring you Channel 4 News. ", Still, hesaid the comment "made it back to the water cooler conversation at WDIV" and "quickly took on a life of its own.". Please logout and login again. CNN has parted ways with longtime host Don Lemon. UPDATED at 9 a.m. with Conners' new Twitter account, planned radio appearances, other details. Newsmaxs other prime-time shows also experienced big jumps. Randles and station management said they couldn't come to an agreement for a new contract, and his old contract expired Monday. On Wednesday, Conners explained he was not challenging the IRS claims that he owed money. Cable host says he won't have conservative commentator on his show again. Former KMOV anchors apparently are not pals. In fact one of the worst human beings I feel like Ive ever met in my life. Christopher Ruddy, chief executive of Newsmax. Thank you," he said on social media. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. So far, the strategy is showing some promise. The Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade, sitting in for Mr. Carlson, fell short to Mr. Cooper on CNN and Chris Hayes on MSNBC in that coveted demographic, although he was first in total viewership. The reporter, he said, "expressed that we are friends, conveyed to them all the help I have given him throughout his career, and the long list of stories I have done on television fighting against racism in Michigan. WCCO-TV morning anchor Kim Johnson has been fired. Anchors and guests harped on a recent appearance by Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, in which she called for Mr. Tuckers firing. He came to WDIV in 2016 from WJBK, where he had been a casualty of corporate-wide budget cuts. speaks, and now Fox listens, grumbled the Newsmax anchor Chris Salcedo. Marla Drutz, vice president and general manager of WDIV-TV, declined to bcomment further. Newsmax is surging shortly after Fox News paid $787.5 million to settle a defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems, an election technology firm. I wish Tucker the best. Even after the IRS notified him it was cancelling the payment plan, Conners continued to make a monthly payment. There was a problem saving your notification. During an appearance on 60 Minutes the night before Carlson was fired, Epps said the Fox News host was going to any means possible to destroy my life and Jason Carrs firing from WDIV-TV (Channel 4) earlier this month came after multiple run-ins with co-workers and management, station insiders have told the Detroit Free Press. He also attracted intense scrutiny for spreading political misinformation, fostering conspiracy theories about the results of the 2020 presidential election, minimizing the severity of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol and attacking journalists at other outlets. "Larry is a respected journalist. He retired as a reporter in December 2022 after a 37-year journalism career. Veteran newsman alleges age, race and other discrimination. The voting process was chaotic with several Conservative members of parliament deciding not to back the government. KMOV announced Conners' firing witha statement posted about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday on its website. "That being said, we respect his decision to move on and we wish him the best of luck in whatever his future may hold.". I meet people from all walks of life who teach me what's important in life and how to become a better person," he said. But the absence of Mr. Carlson, its biggest prime-time star, has been felt. After a year, he joined KARK 4 as a morning news ", More:Legendary Detroit news anchors and Tigers featured in WDIV prime-time special, More:As other anchors retire, WDIV's Devin Scillian ponders his timeline | Rubin. Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. Conners came to St. Louis in 1976 as an investigative reporter for KMOV. ", Fox has disputed Grossberg's claims, and a spokeswoman for the network recently said: "We will continue to vigorously defend Fox against Ms. Grossbergs unmeritorious legal claims, which are riddled with false allegations against Fox and our employees.". Former KCTV Anchor Karen Fuller Settles Her Discrimination Lawsuit Against Meredith Corp. Former TV Sports Reporter Dee Jackson Settles His Lawsuit Against Channel 41. The network's statement did not include any comment from Carlson. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Cardinals send prized prospect Jordan Walker to Class AAA in curious series of moves, Rudderless ship of chaos: St. Louis judge advances Kim Gardner contempt case, What Oliver Marmols gamble in ninth vs. LA reveals about managing to spark Cardinals, How sending Jordan Walker to Class AAA is a bet clarity can correct muddled outfield: Cardinals Extra, Messenger: Kim Gardner drives the judicial bus over her employees and into the ditch, A closer on ice. Polizzi and Kennedy did not return phone calls. A "Live in the D" Facebook page confirmed his departure in a Tuesday statement. The IRS claims Conners and his wife, Janet L. Conners, owe more than $85,000 from 2008, 2009 and 2010. He regularly drew controversy for incendiary statements about race, immigration, LGBTQ rights and other topics. So happy Jason Carr got fired for his disrespectful behavior The journalist seems to be quite active on both profiles, as he often posts about politics and his family and also shares some daily updates. Starting Monday, Johansen will anchor Jason Carr, a well-known journalist in the USA, has a whopping net worth of $10 million as of 2022. Moreover, he often posts pictures of his luxury cars. Johnson announced the news via a Monday morning Facebook post. Polizzis firing likely means Kennedy will be asked to stay beyond his originally scheduled last day of May 25. Naturally, NBC4 viewers want to know where he is going and if he is staying in Ohio. Longtime WCCO anchor Liz Collin is leaving the station. But Conners has been taking hits recently at KMOV, which replaced him in late April with former sportscasterSteve Savard(alongsideSharon Reed) on the marquee 10 p.m. newscast. Former KMOV anchor will host 9-12 night shift on KTRS. He said he had worked out a monthly payment plan that began in the summer of 2011. Thanks for watching and listening Over all, Newsmax remains a ratings minnow. Murphys one-count suit seeks unspecified damages under Section 1981 of the federal Civil Rights Act, which prohibits intentional racial discrimination. We are committed to its success, Carr asked Hobbs, Carr noted that at a previous job, he was well-liked and nicknamed "the mayor," "the glue" and "man of the people.". Channel 4's parent companysince then replaced both WSMV's general manager and the news director who were there when Kalodimos left. Murphy filed her lawsuit in April in Jackson County Circuit Court, but the stations parent, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., moved it to federal court last week. Fox News said Monday it is parting ways with firebrand anchor Tucker Carlson, the network's most popular prime-time host and a leading voice At WDIV, he co-hosted the 11 a.m. Live in the D program with Tati Amare, who has been joined since his departure by Michelle Oliver. IE 11 is not supported. He said he stopped the payments in January, on the advice of a tax attorney, because a payment plan wasn't in place. Murphy expressed interest in the lead evening anchor position when the woman occupying that position, an African American identified in the lawsuit as D.R., announced she was leaving. Many reports suggested that, at the time, Carr left FOX 2 because of corporate cuts. Conners, who recently signed a new two-year contract, kept the 6 p.m. anchor job. who is the reporter that was fired recently? 2:17 Adrienne Robbins, a Statehouse reporter for WCMH-TV (Channel 4) announced via Twitter that she is leaving the station. "Thank you to the talented team who helped make that Larry Conners seeks a judge's ruling on whether he can seek other broadcasting work in St. Louis. In a statement issued Monday, WSMV said the station tried to keep Randles, who worked at Channel 4 for 14 years. Now, Pimentel said, Savard will get that 6 p.m. spot, too, "at least for the time being. The show has been on the air for nearly six months. Start with this beginner's guide to the neighborhood, TV Reporter Lisa Benson Wins Retaliation Claims Against KSHB But Loses On Race Discrimination, Former Kansas City TV Reporter Gets Lost Wages After Winning Retaliation Claims Against KSHB, Second Black Journalist At KSHB Let Go After Accusing The TV Station Of Race Discrimination. The decision to part ways with Carlson was made by Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan Murdoch and Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott on Friday, according to a person familiar with the matter. The NFL draft is over. On Tuesday, Mr. Bollings audience grew to 562,000 viewers, equal to about 80 percent of Anderson Coopers CNN viewership that evening. ET programming block. One pundit mused on the air that Lachlan Murdoch, the executive chairman of the Fox Corporation, was much more liberal than his father, Rupert. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. I literally have no idea.". The lead evening anchor position remained open until August 2020, according to the lawsuit. Brad Johansen announced he is leaving NBC4 in March 2023. I was let go over the vaccine mandate," St. Onge said in a post filed Sunday. The IRS declined to comment. In the statement,Conners appears to back off his initial claim of IRS interference and reveals that his problems with the IRS date to 2008, something he didn't say in the Facebook post. Our political newsletter featuring local and national updates and analysis. It wouldnt be surprising if Nexstar also brought in people from some of its other stations to help out Roy lead the continuing coverage of the shooting. Anyone can read what you share. Fox News faces other lawsuits related to statements anchors made in the wake of the 2020 election. Fox News and Tucker Carlson, the right-wing extremist who hosted the network's highly rated 8pm hour, have severed ties, the network said in a stunning announcement Monday. VIDEO: This is what could have gotten Jason Carr fired from "I'm only asking that question. There was a problem saving your notification. Murphy, who is now director of public relations for the Independence School District, did not return a phone call and email seeking comment. Rarely smiles or laughs. I have reached out to Steve Baker to say sorry, Guru-Murthy tweeted. Executives at Newsmax quickly sensed an opportunity. 2023 www.freep.com. Nexstar, which is based in Irving, Texas, is the largest television station owner in the country, with 199 stations, according to its most recent quarterly filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The next day, Conners read a statement onKMOVs 5 p.m. newscast. Lemon recently provoked backlash for on-air comments about GOP presidential contender Nikki Haleys age. O'Reilly's attorney denied any misconduct at the time. The night before Carlsons firing, 60 Minutes aired an interview with Epps where he said Carlsons statements led to death threats. ", Dietz went on to say the reporter "was not offended, there was no 'caught on camera' situation, no social media controversy, and no complaints of any kind about the comment at the time. WebChannel 4 GM Brien Kennedy. "Larry is certainly entitled to his opinion, but taking a personal political position on one of the stations Facebook pages creates an appearance of bias that is inconsistent with important journalistic standards," Pimentel's statement said. 144 Share 50K views 4 years ago A news anchor at WJTV in Jackson, Mississippi said she was fired because of her choice to wear her natural hair instead of straightening it. Your login session has expired. Station looking into Conners' Facebook post claiming IRS "pressure" followed interview of Obama. In a text message exchange Monday night, Channel 4 news director Mitch Jacob said finding an anchor of color will be a priority for the station. "I walk down the street to American Coney Island, I get stopped seven, eight, nine times in four blocks for selfies and I talk to the viewers. Caption: October 1, 2011--KMOV news anchor Larry Conners and his wife, Janet, on the red carpet at the Peabody Opera House re-opening. (Fox and Dominion settled the suit for $787.5 million last Tuesday, just as opening statements were to start. Mark five s. Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part He was on a payment plan with the IRS, he said, but after the Obama interview, the IRS cancelled the plan. ", Conners also said a televised statement he made about the situation last week which he conceded damaged his position was forced on him to read "as-is.". Demetria Kalodimos says it was difficult not being able to say goodbye, Former WSMV Anchor Demetria Kalodimos says it was difficult not being able to say goodbye to the viewers, Larry McCormack, The Tennessean, Nashville Tennessean, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Home More advice Entertainment. Nearly 200 people commented on the Facebook page, with manymentioning the controversial 2018 departure of longtime anchor Demetria Kalodimos, who filed an age and gender discrimination suit against Channel 4 nearly a year later. With a style that could be in-your-face, Dietz has reported extensively on high-profile topics such as the Oakland County Child Killer, the saga of "White Boy" Rick Wershe Jr., and the Flint water crisis. According to multiple sources, Polizzi was fired after members of Nexstars Human Resources (HR) arm recently conducted interviews with current news staffers and some of the about 30 news staffers who have left the station in the last year. The anchor worked with other renowned channels and media conglomerates like Michigan-based WJRT-Television in the 2000s. He has also studied at Michigan State University in East Lansing. "What an experience," he wrote. "I made payments every month.". KCUR serves the Kansas City region with breaking news and powerful storytelling. 2023 www.freep.com. You have permission to edit this article. Longtime Cincinnati TV news anchor Brad Johansen is returning to Ohio to anchor the news, this time at Columbus' NBC4. "And it becomes very difficult for us to produce a newscast where you have someone (reporting IRS-related news) who could at least seem to be biased.". Ill be honest there were good and bad times over the last four years but I learned and appreciated all of those experiences.". The night before Carlsons firing, 60 Minutes aired an interview with Epps where he said Carlsons statements led to death threats. "Do you find me to be remotely aloof?" So would Mr. Ruddy consider hiring the now-former Fox anchor for Newsmax? The stock price of Fox Corp., the parent company of Fox News, dropped sharply after Carlsons departure became public, dipping more than 4%. He moved to KTVI (Channel 2) to become an anchor in 1979, and then rejoined KMOV as an anchor in 1986. "Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade anchored the 8 p.m. hour on Monday and opened the show with a brief statement addressing the elephant in the room: "As you probably have heard, Fox News and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. Tucker Carlson ousted at Fox News following network's $787 million settlement. "I want to make sure our team represents the makeup of the Nashville community," Jacob said. Dominion declined to comment on Monday.). Kevin Dietz has resigned from WDIV effective immediately," the station said. KMOV (Channel 4) firedLarry Connersafter a social-media controversy, prompting St. Louis' longest-tenured anchorman to defend his claim that IRS "pressure" followed his 2012 interview of President Barack Obama. After the interview, a mic picked up a fragment of a conversation Guru-Murthy had with Baker, where he said: It wasnt a stupid question, Steve, you know it. "We'll be back on Monday," he said cheerfully at the end of Friday's episode. An anchor scorned is an anchor with a lawyer -- and Larry Conners is suing KMOV not only over how he got fired, but how he was treated before that. BS," Carr said. Jason is also a dog parent; the journalist often shares pictures with his labrador and chihuahua. By Daniel Arkin. Dan Margolies has been a reporter for the Kansas City Business Journal, The Kansas City Star, and KCUR Public Radio. In 2013, Dietz made headlines himself. "Weve had a long relationship with Kevin and we wish him well. Fox News host Tucker Carlson speaks at a National Review Institute event I have grown tremendously since my first live shot in the winter storm in 2018. The intent of my comment was to openly acknowledge, amongst team members, the challenge its been for our company, and many companies, to achieve diversity goals. Channel 4 news director fired; 'toxic work environment' cited. "FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways," the company said in a short news release. Hoagland was also the on-air announcer for KVHU 95.3 and anchor for Harding Universitys channel HU16. 2023 www.detroitnews.com. "I feel like the word implies I'm too good to talk to you, I'm aloof. But its audience eventually shrank. Fox News host Tucker Carlson speaks at a National Review Institute event on March 29, 2019, in Washington, D.C. One comment to KMOV: Really? Larry Spruill joined the WDIV local news team four years ago during a polar vortex, he recalled on Facebook Thursday. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. "I am surprisingly optimistic and excited about this new challenge and opportunity. Insiders in the channel also claimed that Carr yelled at his co-workers before and after the show. WebMeet The Local 4 Team. My contract That lawsuit was settled and Channel 4 apologized for the way Kalodimos was treated when she and the station parted ways. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, As supporters pray, Kim Pegula's father shares her words: 'I will continue to fight', Prayer and healing vigil for Bills and Sabres co-owner Kim Pegula scheduled for Saturday, WGRZ meteorologist Elyse Smith exiting station after three years, Bills GM Brandon Beane on potential DeAndre Hopkins trade: 'I don't think that's going to happen', Many Bills fans stumped by identity of social media influencer who announced third-round pick, Ex-Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff, on the payroll through 2027-28, comes out of retirement to play in Germany, Nicholas D'Angelo pleads guilty to 8 felonies in rape case, Departure of 5 UB women's basketball commits raises eyebrows among coaches, analysts, Erik Brady: 20 years later, Drew Rosenhaus recounts how he fooled the Bills into drafting Willis McGahee, Mark Gaughan: Buffalo Bills' winners and losers after 2023 NFL draft, Seneca Nation plans to bid for McKinley Mall, Alan Pergament: JP starts on WECK Monday after all; Jennifer Stanonis rejoins WGRZ-TV, Bills trade up in first round, select Utah tight end Dalton Kincaid at No. Alan Pergament has had a variety of roles at The News since 1970, including as a news and sports reporter. Pimentel also said Conners' actions would have caused problems if he had been called on to report on the Obama administration. 25 overall in NFL draft, Former waitress sentenced to 2 to 5 years in prison in $50,000 lottery scheme, M&T to relocate 400 employees as it sheds 12% of local office space because of remote work, WIVB morning anchor Melanie Orlins exiting after five years; new WIVB GM named, Alan Pergament: WKBW hires former Rochester meteorologist to fill one of two weather openings, Alan Pergament: Network fall schedules add to reasons there will never be another 'This Is Us', Ongoing evacuation of citizens from Port Sudan, Sudan, Richard Gere says feeling hungry was "normal" before he shot to fame, Harrison Ford was reminded of plane crash while filming 'Yellowstone' spinoff, Vince Vaughn is returning for a 'Dodgeball' sequel. "I pull no punches and I offer no apologies," he said. A.O.C. U.K. public service broadcaster Channel 4 has taken news anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy off air for a week after an incident on Wednesday where he abused member of parliament Steve Baker off-air. A lot of people here, they worked side-by-side with him on elections and breaking stories and severe weather," Pimentel said. KMOV fires anchor Larry Conners after social-media controversy. "So this is a bittersweet time.". "I pay my taxes, just like any other taxpayer," Conners said. More:Arrest made, car impounded in Lodge reckless driving case, More:Chicago-style pizza restaurant Giordano's shutters downtown Detroit location, "But his proudest moment came when he helped clear a 13-year-old girl of murder charges by showing how the 5-year-old neighbor whom she was accused of killing suffered from seizures and actually drowned in the bathtub.". Channel 4 has a strict code of conduct for all its employees, including its programming teams and on-air presenters, and takes any breaches seriously. The announcement Monday came without explanation and astonished the media industry. Variety is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Larry and his lawsuit against Channel 4. He specializes in popular culture and the entertainment industry, particularly film and television. Thats when Fox 4 hired Christel Bell to fill the position. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most "WDIV is very fortunate to have viewers who are deeply passionate about our programs and our people," the message read. But its audience at certain hours has doubled, and in some time slots tripled, in the immediate aftermath of Mr. Carlsons exit an abrupt spike that has turned heads in conservative circles and the cable news industry. The sharp rise in viewership can be timed almost to the minute of Fox Newss announcement on Monday that it was parting ways with Mr. Carlson, in part because of private messages sent by the anchor that included offensive and crude remarks. "Tucker Carlson Originals," a documentary series, recently profiled people who eat bugs. Contact Ann Zaniewski: 313-222-6594 or azaniewski@freepress.com. Nexstar became the owner of Fox 4 just a few months before the lead evening anchor position opened when it bought the stations former owner, Tribune Media Co., in a $4.1 billion transaction. "I hate him passionately," Carlson said in a text message to an unidentified person on Jan. 4, 2021, according to exhibits unsealed before the Dominion trial was set to begin. Pimentel said he informed KMOV staff of Conners' firing shortly before releasing the statement. An outfield in flux. Four news staffers exiting Channel 4 in March; new meteorologist added By Alan Pergament Feb 28, 2019 0 1 of 2 Kelsey Anderson will be joining the "Wake Up!" "There's no other news market like the Motor City. In his Facebook post, Dietz said, "While attending a social event during the conference, we took a WDIV team photo and I jokingly said to the group'We are probably going to have to crop the black reporter out of the photo.' Why AI Has Some Viewers Asking Which Film Actors Are Real. Larry Conners said he has had a tax accountant prepare his statements for years and that he and his wife had paid taxes for 2008-2010, but the IRS disagreed with the Conners over some deductions. "After all, this is 2020, right? Starting on Monday, Newsmax programming has aggressively pushed a narrative that Mr. Carlsons dismissal was a capitulation to the left by Fox News and the Murdoch family. Dietzhas been at the station since June 1993. Im very happy to go up against you on Truss any day. Following this, Guru-Murthy says to himself: What a c**t.. U.K. public service broadcaster Channel 4 has taken news anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy off air for a week after an incident on Wednesday where he abused Before graduating in 2019, he interned with stations like KTHV-TVs THV11, NBC News (Today Show), and KARK 4 News. D.R. Personnel issues such as this are respectfully private and we will have no further comment.. As far as his personal life is concerned, Jason Carr is married to Taryn Asher. Ed Henry, once Fox News chief White House correspondent and later a co-anchor of the weekday news program Americas Newsroom, was fired in 2020 after In an austere, four-sentence statement, Fox News announced Monday that prime-time star Tucker Carlson is leaving the network, effective immediately.