Have it heard anything. As I hold her hand I can feel the warmth leaving her body. Along with my beautiful life. http://www.healthcentral.com/osteoporosis/c/76444/141976/fda-advisory On my last visit with my 'Cardiologst' in July of this year, my husband and I were told that I am in Congestive Heart Failure. Individuals who have suffered severe side effects such as ONJ, atypical femur fractures, or kidney damage after receiving Reclast may be eligible for compensation. She thinks she is at home in the computer room and she wants me to help her go to bed. Tried Fosamax again and after 4 weeks my esophagus was burning and my stomach and tongue sour. One year ago today Janet is still on the pressurized oxygen mask struggling to maintain an adequate oxygen level. Does anyone know if there has been a class action suit filed against Reclast? I finally discontinued Prolia in July 2021 but my doctor never told me about the risk of spontaneous vertebral fracture. One year ago today Janet was doing fine. They say she will be out most of the day for tests. Find other members in this community to connect with. The doctor makes note that Janets symptoms have occurred after her Reclast infusion two weeks a go. Even though it is tiring, Janet gets herself ready to go to the doctor. Also got a broken thumb on my right hand in between broken hip and broken leg. I have posted my wife's story under several other topics as well as this new topic. a bit extreme, ya think? 0:05. There are many advantages of filing a class-action lawsuit compared to an individual claim. Contact a Reclast attorney today to schedule a free consultation and take your first step to obtaining compensation for losses caused by Zoledronic acid. The Bone Health and Osteoporosis Foundation Support Community connects patients, families, friends and caregivers for support and inspiration. Her blood pressure is high and her pulse is staying at over 100 beats per minute. One of the doctors in the hospital said my wife should not die in vane and it should be my lifes ambition to be an advocate for drug safety by telling her story. They can help determine your valid claim and guide you through the legal process. She is having difficulty breathing and maintaining a normal oxygen level in her system. Introduced in 1995, Alendronate also contained ingredients that could result in severe bone fractures. Are you sure you want to block this member? She had many of the symptoms mentioned by these women. She spent the evening on the computes looking for sheet music. Her appetite is better. Finally she got esophageal cancer and received chemotherapy and radiation for months before she succumbed to her death. It is important to know all of the facts about Reclast. Reclast Lawsuit | Reclast Attorney | Reclast Lawyer | Reclast Law Firm What is medical negligence, and how does it relate to the Reclast lawsuit? He said that there had been another case of kidney problems in his practice after taking Reclast. Class Action Lawsuits: Everything you need to know She said she would put it in her chart, but it never made it there. Renal toxicity is already addressed in the Warnings and Precautions section of the Zometa label. Janet goes to bed early without getting on the computer. All patients who previously used Prolia should become members of the class-action lawsuit. She squeezed my hand and in a whisper she said Ill get better. Thank you for any and all information. Taking the bus shopping isnt much fun; it takes forever to go anywhere. One of the nurses tells me that the kidney doctor said that Janet was the third one he had seem this year with kidney problems after receiving Reclast. Reclast works by slowing down the breakdown of bone tissue, helping to maintain bone density and reduce the risk of fractures. I have been through 2 oral surgeries. They want to get some food into her system. Are You Ok Daniel Caesar Lyricis.Fr - Class Action Lawsuit Against Adidas shareholders have filed a class action lawsuit alleging that the clothing company failed to minimize the fallout over their since-terminated . I see her kidney doctor today and he is pleased with Janets kidney function. What is the status of the Prolia class-action lawsuit? Janet is very alert and talks quite a bit. They look for cancer, find none. Reclast (generic: zoledronic acid) is indicated for the prevention of osteoporosis and numerous complications that affect bone mass density. Acute kidney failure, also known as renal failure, is the sudden loss of the ability of the kidneys to remove waste and concentrate urine without losing electrolytes. Instead of looking into it, she continued the Prolia and it compromised my immune system. The Reclast lawsuit highlights the importance of patient safety and the responsibility of pharmaceutical companies to provide accurate information about their products. Have severe dental issues with bone loss and gum loss after taking Prolia. Why wasnt this info revealed at the beginning? My wife took Reclast in December of 2007 and had no side effects at all. This is pretty much a normal day. I am amazed at her energy level today. Another Dr. Said it was a quintessential Prolia fracture. Thank you for providing this forum for our comments. Sincerely, I am just now getting off of Prolia since the doctors scare you to death about doing so. I tell her that it will be later in the day when I get there, as I have some things I need to get done today. Her temp and blood pressure are normal, but she is still hoarse and tired. I am blessed if I make it to church on Sunday. October 26, 2010 I've lived my life trusting my doctors and have always respected them and trusted their judgment and it's gotten me safely through to this, the Winter season of my life. I am a stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer patient. My last hospital visit was on July 27th. Free Consultation Today 800-780-8607. Review Us. Janet who drove our Suburban pulling our Airstream, a total of almost fifty feet going down the road, through the middle of some large cities in eight lane traffic isnt driving very well today and she has a brief period of confusion on the way home. Confusion is a sign of Reclast serious side effects and overdose. I have been led to believe that Prolia was the be all end all drug for osteoporosis. October 9, 2010 November 7, 2010 October 17, 2010 I am now waiting for my 2nd surgery in the fall of 2023 to re-construct my jaw bone. Little Janet who beat complete renal failure and almost fatal pulmonary failure: Janet who would not go near the water for fear of drowning has drowned in her own blood. I have concerns about the electrolyte issues; maybe they will improve when she starts eating normally. The Reclast femur fractures occur in the same area in women and it is above the lower thigh and below the hip area scanned. The plaintiffs who make up the class must have all suffered some similar. I honestly believe that Prolea shots is what caused all my breaks. Reclast - krasovskylaw.com I got terminal neuroendcrine cancer and a brain tumor from prolia. I make an appointment for later that afternoon so the neighbor can take us when he gets off work. The nurse said there was a little congestion today and it was a common occurrence for someone who had been through what Janet has. On October 12, 2010, presumably at the behest of the Canadian govenment, Novartis, the maker of the osteoporosis-infusion drug zoledronic acid (known as Reclast in the U.S. and Aclasta in Canada) sent Canadian health professionals and patients letters warning them of the possibility of kidney toxicity with use of the drug. As I will no longer am going to get a third injection I risk a rebound effect of fractures. Patients who have experienced severe injuries caused by Prolia should receive monetary compensation. I can`t have implants due to the extreme bone loss. How do I get involved with the Class Action Lawsuit? She has 16 ounces of milk, 24 ounces of water and eats a bowl of peaches. She started dialysis today in the ICU. This was Janets last trip to this store. I have been bedridden for 4 months now since my second injection of prolia. Labaton Sucharow LLP Announces Expanded Securities Class Action Lawsuit Pregnant Employees at Customs and Border Protection Regularly Discriminated Against, Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Hundreds of current and former employees are now eligible to join the case, as . Her doctor recommended that she take the Reclast again and since she had met her insurance deductible for last year she decided to take her second dose. We enjoyed retirement and saw each day as a new adventure. With our dedicated, Reclast drug . Tropical Storm Ian flood leads to suit against Deltona by Stone Island It has been approved for patients with Paget's disease of bone, and more recently, for the treatment of women with postmenopausal osteoporosis. I stopped taking the Prolia due to my extreme bone loss. She is very weak and when they get her up to walk she can only make it about 20 feet with the help of two nurses. Reclast is for use when you have a high risk of bone fracture. Should previous users of Prolia join the class-action lawsuit? oral osteonecrosis. Kanye West Fallout Sparks Class Action Lawsuit Against Adidas I have battled macular degeneration my whole life. Also- she had had an X-ray of her knee thinking it was the issue (it was not). We are very proud of our legal achievements, but equally self-respecting of our firm's reputation for providing personal attention to each and every client we represent. The City of Deltona is facing a class-action lawsuit from dozens of Stone Island property owners who say the city routed floodwaters from Tropical Storm Ian into their neighborhood . Janet has never been on blood pressure medicine before. The doctors do feel that Janet has made substantial improvement and after 11 days in ICU Janet is moved to a room in the step down unit. November 10, 2010 October 21, 2010 My hope is fading. I've heard very little positive about Reclast and a whole lot of negative. Preliminary tests showed that even though Janet hadnt taken her calcium for two days, her blood calcium was high and her kidney function was compromised. Thank you for any info you can give me. I had fistulas after the first and were closed with second surgery at Wexner at Ohio State and the plate placed at CCF was removed and a another plate was replaced. Because of the lack of funding available through traditional legal financing organizations, some families turn to drug settlement companies to help fund the lawsuit. Janets mental state is some better today and she is very weak. Below is a partial list of the awards and recognition that the attorneys / lawyers at our law firm have been awarded with, as well as a list of professional memberships. Reclast, generically known as Zoledronic acid or zoldedronate, is a bisphosphonate used to treat serious skeletal fractures in cancer patients and in those suffering from osteoporosis. Nonetheless, the same representative then stated that taking the drug outweighed any associated risks. This imbalance will never be resolved. Since that infusion, my health began to decline almost immediately. I was taking Prolia shots semi annually, I stopped taking the shots approx. Janet is very alert and when she tries to talk her voice is just above a whisper. Little I did know when Janet left the house this would be the last time her little feet would ever walk this way again. I noticed when Janet got back in bed that she was breathing hard like she has some congestion. DEATH BY RECLAST JANETS STORY ONJ is a condition in which the bone tissue in the jaw fails to heal after minor trauma such as a tooth extraction, causing the bone to be exposed. Reclast, manufactured by Novartis, has been linked to a serious bone disease called Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ONJ), osteomyelitis, or dead jaw. I was taking the Prolia to stop bone loss, and in turn it has done the opposite. Here's How You Can Get In On Facebook's $725 Million Class Action I would have thought by now it would be subsiding. Also have a stabilized vertebral fracture. Her kidney function is fine, but she is still facing the heart rate, blood pressure and electrolyte issues. Janet had called in a refill for one of her RA meds and I walked over to the drug store and picked it up. Her appointment was at 10:20am and by noon the fatal dose of Reclast had been administered. Since our anniversary is coming up I am reposting Death by Reclast Janets Story in her memory. How To Start A Class Action Lawsuit: 2023 Guide - Forbes The Reclast Medication Guide for patients is being updated to contain information about the risk of severe kidney problems. Reclast is contraindicated in patients with creatinine clearance less than 35 mL/min or in patients with evidence of acute renal impairment. I ended up in the hospital where I was diagnosed with an internal hernia and a severe infection. He notifies Novartis that there has been a fatal event related to the drug. Janet still has the low electrolyte issues, her pulse is still fast, blood pressure is up and down, blood sugar is high and the biggest issue is the yeast infection of the esophagus. She still is making frequent trips to the bathroom and has lost another pound. When I see Janet today she is alert, but weak. According to First Citizen, known information about possibly dangerous side effects must show on the drugs packaging material so that doctors and patients know about the hidden dangers. Today is the last time Janet sits on the porch, a place she loved to sit and read. Therefore, you wonder if this additional warning addition will do any good. Since 2001, there have been over 2,400 reported cases of jaw bone decay and death or ONJ after the use of Fosamax (also a bisphosphonates). Prolia LInked to Serious Adverse Events in FDA Reporting System Reclast is meant to prevent osteoclasts from destroying bone and to promote steady bone growth. With Janets help I achieved much success and retired from upper management in 2005 from the local transit authority. October 13, 2010 I would like to join the lawsuit. I get a call about midnight from someone I cant understand, it is Janet she is very confused and afraid because she cant find me. She had a bone density scan a month and a half prior that did not pick it up. In 2012, Health Canada and Amgen representatives issued an official statement to the public. One year ago today Janet is still gaggy in the morning. She was in the hospital for 2wks and had every test imagineable and all came back negative. October 10, 2010 October 22, 2010 Our cat Snoopy likes to go in and out the front door so Janet as usual made several trips up and down the stairs letting him in and out. They draw some of the fluid off of her lungs and this helps some. [2] However, in the five months since then, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has failed to take similar action requiring Novartis to alert physicians and patients in the United States (U.S.) about the growing evidence linking Reclast (the U.S. name for zoledronic acid, identical to Canadian Aclasta) to this serious, life-threatening adverse event. I notice now that Im starting to lose weight, which is probably good since all of the walking is taking a toll on my knees. According to the FDA the revised drug label will enhance the safe use of Reclast by providing healthcare professionals updated instructions for prescribing and patient monitoring. I did some research on this drug and found out about the danger of kidney failure, the excess pain in the legs, and the swallowing issues. I talk to her on the phone this evening she says she has no pain, just is tired, hungry and has no energy. October 19, 2010 October 23, 2010 A class action lawsuit is a large lawsuit filed against a defendant on behalf of a big group of plaintiffs. I am asking to be included in a Class Action Lawsuit for damages incurred. The doctors arent sure what has caused this; they say it could be medication or her comprised immune system. Janet has a good appetite and her fluid intake is good. I had to stop in June 2019 due to my gums wearing away from my teeth. Zoledronic acid is also sold as Zometa, and is approved for treatment of cancer-related indications. The pain from this bone disease is so debilitating that there have been over 120 patients who have become bedridden or who now rely on wheelchairs, walkers or crutches. My chin has no feeing , here is lots more to this story. Her kidney function is almost normal and she seems fine mentally when I see her. I don't want to scare anyone, but emphasize the importance of getting the facts and understand the risks associated with drugs like this. One year ago today Janet is still a little gaggy in the morning and still hoarse. One year ago today I check at the hospital first thing. Back in 2009, The People's Pharmacy did a show on this topic. But Id prefer to have my healthy kidneys back! Creatinine clearance should be calculated based on actual body weight using the Cockcroft-Gault formula. So every chance I get I pick up things that Janet likes to eat and drink. H1N1 is going around and Janet says she feels like she is trying to get the flu. Ive also had two bones break in my feet on two separate times. Since her blood count is low they are going to give her a unit of blood today. When I see her today we talk a little, but she is tired so I dont stay too long and come back home. She is sitting up more today and has taken a few steps. One year ago today Janet seems some better. The Jones court found that the statistician was not qualified to perform his reanalysis because he lacked a medical degree and expertise on BPs or AFFs. I want to be included in this lawsuit as well. Law Firm Files Suit Against Adidas For Over Kanye West Deal - Footwear News Or, they could experience a bad reaction after taking the drug. I am also having other joiNt pain investigated. I had my first (AND ONLY!) Even though Janet is in ICU she is still considered stable, These drugs are also used at an earlier age in over 36 million women due to the increased risks that come along with hormone replacement therapy. Individuals who have suffered from severe side effects, such as ONJ, atypical femur fractures, or kidney damage after receiving Reclast, may be eligible for compensation. One month from today Janet and I would be celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, but Janet isnt here because she was robbed of her life by a Novartis product called Reclast. She also said if she survived she would never take Reclast again. But next to the BP problem, the problem that concerns me most is memory loss which began after the infusion and has not improved AT ALL. She is in a sun filled room and the sun coming through the curtains makes her blond hair look like gold. I spend a lot of my time now trying to keep from crying whenever I talk to anyone about what has taken place in my life. FDA Issues Drug Safety Communication for Reclast How Facebook users can apply for part of $725 million settlement - CNBC