You can view, comment and kudo the apps and component gallery to see what others have created! Register today: https://www.powerplatformconf.com/. The workaround is to manually query the database outside of Power-BI and find out what the latest values are for my slicer columns (Year and Workweek) and load that data in as a CSV file. Explore Power Platform Communities Front Door today. fchopo Ramole 00:53 Chris Huntingford Interview He also rips off an arm to use as a sword. Now, inside the resource/nativeQueryfolder, you should create a folder calleduserand add the query files. Finally, we will create aRestControllerto return the data of the queries. error. EricRegnier could you please help me on this if we are doing anything wrong. Please note the "Query Folding" relates to whether the Client (i.e. Create a View for the SQL query and use that view in your Power BI report. I am just calling stored proc with two paramters and those are hardcoded value. Where does the version of Hamapil that is different from the Gemara come from? This is a very interesting example because we can clearly see the difference between Reference and Duplicate of a query and this example will only have good performance if we duplicate the query. This option is only disabled on the Drill Down to the TransactionDate field. Community Blog & NewsOver the years, more than 600 Power Apps Community Blog Articles have been written and published by our thriving community. SQL Monitor helps you manage your entire SQL Server estate from a single pane of glass. Sundeep_Malik* I am just calling stored proc with two paramters and those are hardcoded value. Additionally, they can filter to individual products as well. lbendlin Building a date dimension, you will not have the need to build so many DAX expressions and the model will have better performance. Most likely the query provided in message box is terminated with semicolon. KeithAtherton @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy The source of the data is SAP. Query folding on native queries - Power Query | Microsoft Learn The standard library function Value.NativeQuery folds to handler OnNativeQuery. Could you please give some more example if I am doing anything wrong here. renatoromao A new Native Database Query dialog is displayed that tries to warn you about the possibilities of running native queries. The list and the record inside of it just helps navigate a table to a specific row. For this article, we'll be using the AdventureWorks2019 sample database. Nogueira1306 LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrishunt DianaBirkelbach Also in terms of the parameterized SQL statement, I have created a table (2 columns, 1st column parameter "identifier" 2nd column, the value I want as input) which a user can input (type), the value which will be the input for the SQL statement. cchannon The Microsoft Power Apps Community ForumsIf you are looking for support with any part of Microsoft Power Apps, our forums are the place to go. Pstork1* Jeff_Thorpe Access Snowflake query results through PowerBI - Stack Overflow tom_riha Super User Season 1 | Contributions July 1, 2022 December 31, 2022 where ParameterTable is the name of the table where I have my input and From is the parameter "identifier", which lets the function know which value to place into the query. annajhaveri I would suggest checking the Query History and actual query executed on Snowflake's side. Solved: Re: "Native queries aren't supported by this value - Power BI Select OK. Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources: cha_cha momlo I think I read in another post a while ago that you have to give a fully qualified name with the snow flake connector. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. In Power BI, when importing data with Power Query, one basic performance concept is the use of native queries. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Power Apps community forums! Could a subterranean river or aquifer generate enough continuous momentum to power a waterwheel for the purpose of producing electricity? Nevertheless, it can make sense for such queries to be executed anyway. when Manually Refreshed in Power BI Desktop data gets refreshed. The method name is the name of the file that contains the SQL query; the parameters of the methods will then be passed as parameters to the entity manager. David_MA Of course, this feature has being evolved since that time. ScottShearer Passing Parameters To SQL Queries With Value.NativeQuery() In Power Pstork1* Rhiassuring could you please help me on this if we are doing anything wrong. After you apply this change, a warning should appear underneath the formula bar requesting permission to run the native query against your data source. You can check the M code in this related thread. Let us know in theCommunity Feedbackif you have any questions or comments about your community experience.To learn more about the community and your account be sure to visit ourCommunity Support Areaboards to learn more! By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. grantjenkins Custom SQL Query not supported by Power BI Service? alaabitar When trying to run Stored Proc Call in Power BI. OliverRodrigues AhmedSalih Native Query: Be careful when using in Power BI - YouTube Pstork1* Enter the same values for the server, database, and the SQL statement that you previously entered when testing the connector. iAm_ManCat Users will be able to use native queries with the Snowflake connector. Then the "Power Apps Ideas" section is where you can contribute your suggestions and vote for ideas posted by other community members. https://www.thepoweruser.com/2020/01/19/incremental-refresh-for-files-in-a-folder-or-sharepoint-powe @GermanAravena - are you trying to connect to an SQL server that is managed by your DBA? Expiscornovus* Running Native Queries With the Spring Native Query Library All information passed to the fields, either displayName, indexName, or value must be derived from the connector's M code. Kaif_Siddique Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Have you ever noticed that when using standard Power BI visuals, like the clustered bar chart, the text labels take up a lot of space? In Power BI Desktop with your new custom connector in place, launch the connector from the Get Data experience. Featuring guest speakers such as Charles Lamanna, Heather Cook, Julie Strauss, Nirav Shah, Ryan Cunningham, Sangya Singh, Stephen Siciliano, Hugo Bernier and many more. The way native query support will be implemented in this article is that the user will be requested to enter three values: Server name. Does a password policy with a restriction of repeated characters increase security? We converted the CSV table in PowerBI to a list then used M to create a flattened text format (1,2,3) etc. Users can now explore user groups on the Power Platform Front Door landing page with capability to view all products in Power Platform. SnowFlake & PowerBI "native queries aren't support by this value" Power BI - Turning off (Disabling) Native Database Queries Power BI Native Query and Query Folding Solved! BCLS776 Power Automate In our example, we dont really have time information. timl In this version of native database query functionality, you need to use fully qualified table names in the format Database.Schema.Table, for example SELECT * FROM DEMO_DB.PUBLIC.DEMO_TABLE. Whether you are brand new to the world of process automation or you are a seasoned Power Apps veteran. phipps0218 Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support. In my case, this was caused whenSET NOCOUNT ON is present in the stored procedure. Mira_Ghaly* cha_cha 28:01 Outro & Bloopers ChrisPiasecki phipps0218 If this posthelps, then please considerAccept it as the solutionto help the other members find it more quickly. Why are players required to record the moves in World Championship Classical games? My data refresh using gateway is also working now.Thanks,Kashif WasimPareto Systems LLCkashif.wasim@paretosystems.com, On this episode of Power Platform Connections, David Warner and Hugo Bernier interview Microsoft Business Applications MVP Chris Huntingford, alongside the latest news, videos, product updates, and community blogs. What should I follow, if two altimeters show different altitudes? okeks A model needs a date dimension. These fields could include Name, Kind, Data, and others depending on your connector implementation. In this case the formula bar displays the following information: = Source{[Name="AdventureWorks2019",Kind="Database"]}[Data]. CraigStewart Twitter - https://twitter.com/ThatPlatformGuy After you select OK, a table preview of the executed native query is shown in a new dialog. Solved: Re: "Native queries aren't supported by this value - Power BI the Odata datasource) is using the CPU to process the query. This code should be added as a new field to your SqlODBC.Publish record. References: Super User Season 2 | Contributions January 1, 2023 June 30, 2023 If the data type were one of the last transformations, the query plan could be better. Hardesh15 Trying to EnableNative queries but getting the following error, Native queries aren't supported by this value.Details: [Table], The video below makes it look simple but not sure what I'm doing wrong, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hjdOCni_ZY. PowerBI Refresh was successful on the power bi desktop but refresh was failing on powerbi server. After analysing and solving these performance problems, lets complete the example creating the date dimension. StretchFredrik* If I'm understanding correctly, this might be a setting/permission that my DBA needs to enable? In snowflake, this query succeeds while the same query in PowerBI fails: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Unable-to-query-case-sensitive-Snowflake-tables/idc-p/2030983. Now inside Power BI Desktop, go to the Get Data experience and find the connector with the name SqlODBC Sample. BrianS By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. If you are testing this example, I would suggest using a SQL database source, or set up a basic SharePoint example like Miguel's. We can use a function written in M by Chris Web.