After a couple of weeks of use I came to the conclusion that Lume deodorant isn't for me. I was pleasantly surprised. This irritation is called heat rash and can leave your armpits feeling like they are on fire. It should be noted that the part of the skin in the armpits is not only thin but also sensitive. Intertrigo: Take extra precautions and effort to keep your underarms clean on a regular basis. Plus, I love the the fresh scent of lily and gardenia that helps you feel clean and fresh without the worry of pesky residue. Thank you, Lume!! The good news is most armpit rashes are temporary and treatable with home remedies or over-the-counter (OTC) medications. For reliable odor protection I like by Humankind or Native. Triple Milled Soap: A Tradition of Luxury And Quality. It almost feels like a chemical burn. Instead, immediately remove the product and gently wash the area with a mild soap or cleanser to remove any residue, Dr. King suggests. Khosrowpour, Z., Ahmad Nasrollahi, S., Ayatollahi, A., Samadi, A. and Firooz, A. This is just because I think everyone should read the posts and use caution with immune disorders and diabetes, especially if on oral medication that is a newer type med. This irritation is called heat rash and can leave your armpits feeling like they are on fire. Your skin may get dry or itchy. I am returning my tube and stick. The Promise: "The detoxifying power of the juniper berry (which isn't fruity) combines with bergamots crisp citrus.". I had a HELL of a weekend and you made me literally laugh out loud several different times! Theres nothing quite like a day of fun in the sun. Doctor's Pick The . It seems to be a fungal infection, its horribly itchy and bumpy and antihistamine cream doesnt work. Then, I was surprised because it worked so well and the bad smell kinda fades after application. It made me smell worse than I did before I started using Lume . Research has found that these symptoms aren't related to ongoing illness caused by borrelia bacteria. I have bought fans for the room. It sinks like Butt, WORSE then natural body order!!! While there are a plethora of deodorant options you can buy at grocery stores, drugstores, and online, its critical to remember that not all of them are created equal. The product is water-based, so the consistency is more like a lotion that you rub in. That is until the heat starts mixing with sweat on the skin, causing unbearable irritation. The Sweet Lily Deodorant is proven to provide 72-hour odor control and is made with naturally derived, skin-safe synthetics with no harsh chemicals. Trust me, I just spun around the sun for my 60th time and tried A LOT of different brands over the last 50 years!! Both of these ingredients are plant-derived. If you are still experiencing discomfort after following the tips outlined above, try some of the following home remedies: If none of these home remedies work, its wise to consult a doctor. I thought I was the only one. I ordered the tube and the stick in the coconut scent and was sooooooooo beyond disappointed! I sweat a lotI first tested it under my boobs. Unscented works fine. There is a company, Lume, who is supposed to make a really good natural deodorant without baking soda, but I haven't tried it yet. Lume deodorant sticks garnered 3.8/5 stars out of 53,453 reviews, and Lume deodorant tubes have 4/5 stars out of 7,895 reviews. Lume Deodorant Reviews: What Do Customers Think? Remember to post with kindness and respect. | Contact Us, Lume Deodorant | Outrageously Effective Whole Body Deodorant, how to treat and prevent razor bumps here, Lume Natural Deodorant for Pits & Private Parts, Sustainably Sourced Palm Oil: Key to a Greener Planet, CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES! Lume Deodorant prevents odor from occurring in the first place by stopping bacteria from feasting on your sweat and producing foul odors. If you are still experiencing discomfort after following the tips outlined above, try some of the following home remedies: If none of these home remedies work, its wise to consult a doctor. I have seen Im not the only one to have experienced this exact reaction. And I need to try to get ahold of their customer service because I just dont think I will use this, its a displeasing smell. As I applied it there was a weird scent but it went away and it lasted my 12hr shift! Some consumers also have concerns about interfering with the detoxifying process of sweating, butTeen Vogueclarifies that sweating is really only responsible for a negligible amount of detoxification. Getty Images. Based on what Ive seen while writing this Lume deodorant review, the brands products provide many people with a serious confidence boost when it comes to BO. I have broken out under my arms, under my breasts etc. Lume Deodorant prevents odor from occurring in the first place by stopping bacteria from feasting on your sweat and producing foul odors. Lume also sells natural soaps (in all the same scents that the deodorant is available in) and deodorant wipes, which contain the same active ingredients as the deodorant tube and stickso you could try other products to help save on shipping, too. ), and discontinue use. I was reading through the comments and couldnt help but chuckle. Whereas, The Timber and Spice Sampler Box contains Unscented, Crisp Juniper, Silver Spruce, Bay Rum, and Warm Vanilla. Side note on the clinical proof to which Lume refers. Wait until your skin has healed before trying Lume. Symptoms can include: pain. Fortunately, I kept on using it in spite of the terrible smell that I worried was more noticable than body odor. The skin in my pits is smooth, there is no body odor to be found, and I've stopped ruining my shirts. 2. I do think it works. You can use it on your pits, privates, feet, and anywhere in between. While Lume does not contain any peanuts, tree nuts, or sesame, their mandelic acid is derived from almonds. I used the wipes on my underarm and I endee up with a burning feeling then I developed a rash. While snooping around on Amazon for this part of my Lume deodorant review, I also discovered impressive ratings. I bought my first 3pk of solid stick deodorant, and was thrilled. I agree with Stacy! Staying dry and odorless is so easy with a stick of Degree unless there is an allergy to the main ingredient, an Aluminum compound. It definitely works but unfortunately, I can no longer use it. I just wanted to say that it was a very good idea for most people, but the risk of skin irritation keeps me away from using it either on my sensitive underarms or panty area. I tried giving it to several friends who were interested in Lume, however, one whiff and all 3 said they would rather smell bad naturally than smell like that! Once your return is approved, customer service will send you a return label to get your return started. It can also help to thicken and stabilize the formula of the deodorant. Dont mind if I do. I was really impressed with how it worked that I ordered the mini samples including the wipes to find which scent I would like. Keep the area clean, wash it gently with mild soap, and pat it dry. Like Lumes deodorant sticks, the tubes are formulated with the same ingredients, designed to starve out odor-causing bacteria, according to their website. Many people describe Lume as life-changing, so I think its worth a shot. I LOVE the smell of coconut! I am all sorts of things: a writer, a mother, an outdoors-lover, a low-maintenance self-carer, and general hungry person. It means excessive sweating that causes a lot of irritation. Just wish there was cucumber melon in inventory! Products are eligible for return within 30 days of purchase. Lume deodorant is sold both in stick form and in tube form. Reviewers complaining about Lume Deodorant most frequently mention customer service problems. "Furocoumarins are found . U definitely have a customer for life, and will continue to spread your name and products to all those that will listen. IMAGINE PUTTING SOMETHING GREASY AND SLIMY ON YOUR PRIVATE PARTS AND LEAVING IT THERE FOR AN ENTIRE DAY? I'd say try that before throwing it out because shaving and then putting a thick deodorant on top could just be irritation and blocked pores caused by the mix. Made in the USA. Lumes Sweet Lily Deodorant is a whole-body deodorant stick thats suitable for not only your pits but your feet and privates, too. These . Antifungal cream stops the itching and it seems to be slowly clearing now but its taking a super long time. It develops around oil-producing glands and manifests as red, swollen, greasy-looking, itchy and burning skin. This infection is Necrotizing Fascitis and it can be fatal from what I have been reading. Your email address will not be published. Broke out. Not all users had the same experience. However, some people may be sensitive to baking soda and experience skin irritation or sensitivity. I was equal parts skeptical and ready to witness a miracle going into my odor protection assessment. Check out these popular brands: I never ordered this product, and would appreciate taking me off your mailing list. This ingredient also has antibacterial and antifungal properties, thereby helping to keep body odor at bay. I use unscented soap also, I bought the Lumi tangerine and it smells horrible did I get a back to you or is that the way it really smells Im truly disappointed can anybody help. Sometimes finding the right product for you requires a little trial and error, or initial research to make sure that its right for you. I actully didnt believe this could exist after I saw a TV commercial warning about death from an infection of the genital tissues but have read about it and it is very real. Beeswax is a natural emollient and can help to protect the skin from moisture loss. I may have got the wrong scent- I really dont like it smells like butt. I was disappointed because I have to have someone help me bath every week HELP PLEASE!! It didnt work for 24, nor 72, or whatever they advertise. Yes, same. This may be particularly helpful for people with dry or sensitive skin. Right after I put it on my kid told me I smell like an old closet. In this Lume deodorant review, Ill introduce you to the brands ingredients, benefits, best-selling products, side effects, customer testimonials, promotions, and more to see if its really worth all the hype. Toasted Coconut comes in both a cream and a stick form and is one of the most inviting and comforting scents from the Lume range. Triple Milled Soap: A Tradition of Luxury And Quality. Both contain the same creamy formula; the only difference is that the tube deodorant must be applied using your hands, whereas the stick acts as an applicator. Overview Lume Deodorant has a rating of 1.84 stars from 32 reviews, indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Yes, its gross. Lume natural deodorant might be what youre looking for. They itch so bad. The medication I take makes you have night sweats and hot flashes.Is Lume safe to use? The most common way to treat armpit fungus is to use topical antifungal ointments and powders, which thankfully, can be bought over the counter. Lume does contain some ingredients to help reduce wetness, but it is not designed to block sweat. Naturally scented (no artificial fragrances), 3-pack (includes Juniper Berry, Silver Spruce, and Jasmine Rose scents). Figure out the culprit that is causing your rash, and try your best to avoid any triggers, allergens, and harsh products. They smell like clothes that have been piled on a freshly cut lawn to dry. If you have experienced any of the previous symptoms of armpit rash, then youre more than ready to find relief and find it fast. Deodorant rashes (along with detergents and soaps) can happen to anyone. Unfortunately, I am allergic to your deodorant and will not be able to use it. When your skin rubs against itself, or against clothing for too long, it can cause redness, dryness, and discomfort known as chafing. This makes it vulnerable to a skin rash when it is compared to the other parts of the skin. Not fun in the Texas summer months, I like the products for my lady parts but it doesnt work well on underarms ( mine) Either one is very effective and I highly recommend this product. You'll find me collecting stationery and squirreling away stickers, riding bikes and swimming with my family, creating outfits in earth tones and flowy silhouettes that make me feel amazing, wearing big earrings, drinking beer and asking my husband to feed me harmonies to sing, taking my vitamins, living for live music, roping everyone into a craft, being human and vulnerable, and celebrating the phenomenon of being alive. They will refund you the cost of the deodorant, but you pay for return shipping. Ive never had this reaction to anything Ive tried. I ordered the Jasmine Rose- Not to be rude but it smells like butt. 72 hours of odor control is a serious promise to make! It may work for others, but it definitely isnt for me. Lumes deodorants contain ingredients such as aloe leaf juice, which is known to have antibacterial properties. I have personal reasons for wanting to pursue an aluminum-free deodorant, but without getting preachy, HERE is a simple article giving some insight into aluminum-based deodorants and how they can affect our bodies. Im a 58-year-old man and I have literally tried dozens of different deodorants throughout my lifetime. Treat your skin right and order your first stick of Lume Deodorant today. what are cnwl's trust values, nmls consumer access lookup,