were professional rivals and also had a feud between them. Thats the only thing that has ever been even circumstantially compelling. He retired in . in 1997, Poole found evidence linking fellow LAPD officers to the Bloods street gang, his suit also alleged. Biggie travelled in the front passenger seat of the second Suburban alongside his associates, Damion "D-Rock" Butler, Junior M.A.F.I.A. Its kind of funny. dug up a lead and raided Macks house party. NoteAnderson is Keefe Ds nephew, also a, paid to kill Biggie. You get nothing out of it. Poole left the LAPD in 1999 after growing disagreements with the police force on numerous homicides, including the B.I.G. According to The Independent, witnesses said Poole appeared to suffer a heart attack and fell to the floor after clutching his chest. Some believed that Poole was collecting materials for a new book at the time he died, reported The Independent. They were outside the party just filming the people walking by and they happened to catch the moment when Biggie was shot. 1997 shooting death of Christopher Wallace, He didnt want to talk about [The Wallace murder]. The future earning potential of Christopher Wallace would be over a billion at the time of the investigation. According to several Death Row insiders and FBI informants, Poochie was a down-for-the-cause, hardcore gang member. We looked into everything regarding the cops, but when you get down to it, theres absolutely nothing. In fact, Kading told the site, "Poole knew that I knew his theory about the Biggie Smalls murder was wrong.". Those are the facts within law enforcement. By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. The series is scripted and also discussed theories swirling around the shooting death of Tupac Shakur. So Random House decided not to publish it and this was after we had written a complete manuscript. The only thing that Russell Poole has to hold onto is simply four letters: A-M-I-R. Thats it. Those books are on the shelf. He finds one name: A-M-I-R, and builds a whole theory behind that, because theres a dirty-cop who has a friend named Amir. In the current timeline, Poole teams up with journalist Darius Jackson (Forest Whitaker) to solve the murder of Notorious B.I.G. Before his death, Poole had decided to collaborate with author Michael Douglas . Russell Poole, the former Los Angeles Police Department detective who was the main investigator in the March 9th, 1997 shooting death of the Notorious B.I.G., died suddenly Wednesday. noteRead more about Kadings Internal Affairs investigation here.] Both shooters are dead. Ms. Wallace cant sue the L.A.P.D. I didnt make money off the book. They were present when there was criminal activity taking place, including a murder. Real-life LAPD Detective Russell Poole was obsessed with the truth. Among those rogue cops, he designated David . 's death, Chief Parks' involvement and Poole's resignation, "Ex-Detective Says Knight a Suspect in Rapper's Slaying", "Russell Poole, Notorious B.I.G. because all of his witnesses were recanting, saying, I made this up. Everybody. Why? Legacy's online obit database has obituaries, death notices, and funeral services for 32 people named Russell Poole from thousands of the largest funeral homes and newspapers in the world. Random House felt that it would put people in harms way. If somebody were to call and say, I have information on the Biggie Smalls murder, investigators would probably entertain an interview with that. ChildrenShaelee Poole, Qwintin Poole, Zac Kane and his wife Kristin Kane and grandsons Enzo Kaneand Dutch Kane, Shad Smith and grandchildren Kemper Smith, Saylor Smith, Shooter Smith,Taylynn Smith, Deanna Brady and grandchildren Austin Brady, Rashell Brady and greatgrandchildren Azeara, Zalan, and Zerik. 75K views 5 years ago Reggie Wright Jr. and Sr. have been arrested. is dramatizing Russell Poole's story for viewers who will likely be tuning in to learn new details about the deaths of these two famous rappers. I wanted to get the information out and move on. In the movie, disgraced LAPD detective Russell Poole (Depp), is unable to solve his biggest case the murders of the two music icons. Perhaps the most in-depth account of Poole's time on the case comes from the book LAbyrinth: A Detective Investigates The Murders Of Tupac Shakur And Notorious B.I.G., The Implication Of Death Row Records' Suge Knight, And The Origins Of The Los Angeles Police Scandal. Theres these very circumstantial indicators that maybe this rogue cop was involved [in Biggies murder]. Russ never went anywhere without ahat. Russell Poole was the LAPD detective who investigated the murder of Christopher Wallace, AKA Biggie Smalls and the Notorious B.I.G. Murder Investigator, Dead", "Interviews - Detective Russell Poole | PBS - L.a.p.d. And he blamed Suge for it. They wouldnt want blood on their hands, and particularly, they thought that by outing [Suges girlfriend], Suge might retaliate against her. If you knew Russ you knew that laughand that rosy cheeked smile. Robbery/Homicide Detective, lead investigator in the Lyga-Gaines shooting. However, in the end, Internal Affairs cleared Kading of any wrongdoing. And those are just the facts. As a result, Mrs. Wallace and Poole werent able to sue LAPD until the case was open. Thats all been disproven and her attorneys know it. Youll probably laugh at this; Theres a series of videos called Tupac Assassination, and it proposes the theory that Tupac was killed by Suge. Wright Jr., the then-head of security for Death Row, had previously been linked to Pac's death by former LAPD detective Russell Poole along with Knight's ex-wife. One of the biggest problems in the whole Biggie Smalls murder investigation was that there never was [any mention of], There was a jailhouse informant in L.A. county jail named Michael Robinson, who provided this very problematic slew of different descriptors of the shooter. Poole arrested Rafa, and he revealed straight-on that he worked for Suge. In one, Poole will be played by Johnny Depp. We want to hear it. Orlando Anderson was killed outside a Compton record shop in May 1998. AKA Ending, Explained: Did Moktar Al Tayeb Bomb The Hotel? A resident of Rupert Idaho. 'City of Lies' Ending, Explained - Was Murder of Notorious B.I.G The death of two young men who were so beloved by their family, friends, and fans was worse still. He died on 19 August 2015 in Los Angeles, California, USA. There was all this exaggeration of information, and a whole theory was built on it, which never had a basis but captured the popular imagination. knew that there was no basis whatsoever to [Pooles] theory. Poole died in 2015 after collapsing during a meeting about a cold case. Poole also investigated the killing of LAPD Officer Kevin Gaines by LAPD Officer Frank Lyga on March 18, 1997. Gaines was killed in a road rage dispute after he brandished a gun at another motorist, who was undercover officer Frank Lyga. Follow my moveson Twitter and Google Plus. It suggested Macks divine loyalty towards the rapper. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. After going through all the research in both of these casesand Ive read it allthere was never any indication whatsoever that Biggie had any idea what happened with Tupac in Las Vegas. On March 9, 1997, Christopher Wallace, a.k.a. Russell Poole Nine days before Frank's road rage accident, American Rapper, Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G., was shot 6 six times on the street. Orlando Anderson was killed outside a Compton record shop in May 1998. Russell Poole Obituary (1967 - 2022) - Legacy Remembers Now listen, Im not saying Russell Poole is a bad guy. Mrs. He was well-organized, he had a lot of power, and what gave him the power, he had dozens and dozens of police officers working in his organization.. There has never been one that can overcome mans nature.. Poole claimed that Suge Knight, head of Death Row Records, was a gang member who played by street rules. Ive talked to [Biggies former bodyguard] Eugene Deal several times. investigator, who was investigating Biggies murderfinds out about David Mack. And to abandon that case and get on board with solving the two biggest mysteries in rock n roll historyHe felt very bad., Greg Kading, the author of Murder Rap, who later took over the Biggie Smalls case for the LAPD, said that Poole failed at being objectiveAn investigation was done on him for misconduct. I hated the idea that this information would always be suppressed because of law enforcement. RUSSELL POOLE Died in front of four unknown SUGE KNIGHT Case - YouTube Boomshots.com webmaster. After all that we had done, it was a personal insult. Russell Poole, Notorious B.I.G. Murder Investigator, Dead They havent gone through the judicial process and nobody has been prosecuted. I was so disappointed that I was being removed on this very ridiculous basis. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); COPYRIGHT Digital Mafia Talkies | DMT. Was Russell Poole Murdered? Sheriff Source Says He Was We - YouTube Like I said, I read that clue that he relied on. . Where is the detective now? [11], While discussing the Wallace and Tupac Shakur cases for an upcoming nonfiction book, Chaos Merchants,[12] Poole died of a heart attack at the Monterey Park office of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department on August 19, 2015. His work revealed that off-duty LAPD officers handled security for Death Row, many of whom were dirty cops engaged in criminal mayhem.. The name Amir Muhammad was published in the Los Angeles Times as a suspect in Biggies murder. . A fight broke out between this Crip and some of the Bloods that were in Suges circle. Pandora: Beneath the Paradise Season 1 Recap & Review: Is It Too Unpredictable To Be Good Enough? The Tank Ending, Explained: Did Ben, Jules, & Reia Survive? Mack never had any association whatsoever. However, Vice reports that Poole argued that the chief conspirators were Sharitha Knight and Reggie Wright Jr., head of Death Row Security. Neither has been arrested nor charged with the death, either. However, he soon left his job, finding the system too hypocritical to celebrate worthy men like Poole. However, Suge Knight and Davis Mack have never been arrested nor charged in connection with the death. The only thing that Russell Poole has to hold onto is simply four letters: A-M-I-R. Thats it. Every other cop that worked for Death Row was either Inglewood P.D.