It seems being the bad comedian who does lame put downs and pretends to be oblivious to his own lameness schtick has quickly become a "typical roast" joke in and of itself. So Andy Samberg roasted the very concept of roasting: Roast-ception. A California wildfire awakens a werewolf, but a group of curious teens -- once bitten -- will not shy away from the threat of decimation on Wolf Pack, streaming January 26 on Paramount+. Andy Samberg's "anti-roast" from The Comedy Central Roast of James ", Extended - Seth Rogen - Drawing First Blood - Uncensored. Honestly, I think a lot of the people in this comment section need to watch the rest of this roast, and other roasts to full understand the concept of the satire he was exhibiting here. We Went There: Jeff Ross's Scorched-Earth Brilliance at James Franco The president of Hollywood (Bill Hader) evaluates a dais that owes everything to him -- and he is not impressed. Thank you. Isabella Dionne This type of humor depends more on the delivery than the content of the joke. The Comedy Central Roast James Franco. The Greatest Roast of All-Time // Andy Samberg I've watched a lot of good Celebrity Roasts in my day. 2023 Comedy Partners. Enter the Sift Lounge to chat with online sifters about anything and everything, or read interesting posts in the Sift Talk forum. But there's one thing he can't do: Hide. The video quality was lacking, but if you haven't seen this . Natasha Leggero points out similarities between Aziz Ansari and Kim Kardashian, and she reveals why it's hard to roast James Franco. Its all a little too easy. That's actually an outdated grammar rule that is typically not taught anymore. That was experimental tuxedo sleep art., The jokes on all of you. This guy has just gone overboard. Looks. And it was classic, I feel sorry for you. | By Roasted | Facebook Log In Forgot Account? There are so many fat jokes, slut jokes, and homophobic jokes in tonights roast that at first its an assault of political incorrectness, and by the end its so obvious as to be boring. Ahead of his time. ", "John [Stamos] has a reputation for being a bit of a swinger. Bill Hader Actor . As for the others, I already was a big fan of Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen, so I thought they were great particularly Jonah. correction: Andy samberg in character is Jake peralta. But were they all as funny as we hoped theyd be? Everything he has ever done makes me belly laugh. The sift is NOT for promoting your own videos - it is for sharing videos others have made. This website uses cookies to improve user experience. 3 The 16 best quotes from the Roast of James Franco. Natasha Leggero congratulates Aziz Ansari on his success in India and explains why it's so hard to roast James Franco. I like how he's super nice to everyone excet Jeff Ross . ", "Cloris [Leachman], if people say you're over the hill, don't believe them. u guys serious? Andy Samberg aka king of comedy,never disappoints, I saw the whole show when it first aired and I died laughing but then when Andy was finished I felt a little bit depressed. Collections; Project #ShowUs . It might have been Francos roast, but Hill ends up stealing the show by being a good sport. name one funny joke, The only other person that could pull that off is Norm MacDonald. Samberg is way underrated imo. Boston Market!, Heres one: Nick Kroll, Bill Hader and Seth Rogen walk into a bar. Took me a min when I first saw this roast to realize what he was doing. While both Norm and Andy subverted the format of the roast by making every insult backfire, thus taking the actual insults away from their subjects, Andy's self-facing friendly fire and boyish delivery delivery kick it up a notch from Norm's dad-joke schtick. Whos laughing now, Lorne Michaels? Apparently, if youre clean, well-dressed and mildly cultured, youre super gay now. His pretentious Renaissance Man shenanigans, his sleepwalking hosting gig at the Oscars, his many terrible acting and directing work nothing is off limits. I like seeing how have off the people agree its funny while the other half see it as painfull. Aziz Ansari - Time Travel & the Secret to Being Straight - Uncensored. That entire roast had some amazing moments. Also, Andy's performance was brilliant. So awkward and uncomfortable. James Franco is repeatedly telling the world that he's straight, but that didn't stop the likes of Seth Rogen, Sarah Silverman, Natasha Leggero, Andy Samberg, and Jeff Ross from running . CREATIVE. By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. Post it here, and share it with the large community of video-interested users. The roastafari bit always kills me, amazing delivery, if andy samberg did an actual roast i might actually cry he just seems too lovely for that, I'm gonna be real, I didn't understand his roasting the first time I watched this so I didn't laugh. This little snippet takes the whole thing out of context. Awkwafina is Nora from Queens S3 . Comedy Central and the hip, young comedians Franco hangs out with are wooing each other in this 90-minute special, in which Seth Rogen corrals several different comedians at varying stages of mastery to do their worst against Franco. Seth Rogen is a fine host and most of the comedians are fine as roasters, with a few notable exceptions. document.write(""+"ipt>"); Which joke was your favorite? Roast of James Franco - Andy Samberg - The Roast Gets Dark - Uncensored Comedy Central 11.4M subscribers Subscribe 57K 8.7M views 9 years ago Andy Samberg gets real with the dais and. Last night was the Comedy Central Roast of James Franco and here's what I gathered: Bill Hader has the soul of Mother Teresa, Andy Samberg is too hot for his own good, James Franco can make fun of himself better than anyone else can, and Sarah Silverman is old. A roast is savage and mean-spirited, and the best comedians know how to make people laugh at your expense better than anyone else. This Game of M.A.S.H. I honestly cant get enough of this. You made me like Anne Hathaway.. While Norm ended his roast on sweet note, Andy did the same but with a bang. Nice job. Roast Master Seth Rogen leads a stacked lineup of roasters including Bill Hader, Jonah Hill, Nick Kroll, Natasha Leggero, Jeff Ross, Andy Samberg and Sarah Silverman. Like Samberg, MacDonald stunned the audience momentarily when he started lobbing softballs at his opponents, and eventually at the roastee, himself. One of the best if not, the best roasts. 258 Roasts are not the most pleasant viewing experiences. Andy Samberg goes reverse roast, had nothing on Norm MacDonald 7 Outtakes. The comedians who do stand out are either the ones that opt out of the format entirelyAndy Samberg pulls a Norm MacDonald by acting so awkward and self-effacing that no actual roasting takes placeor the ones who seem to be a little more connected to the dog-eat-dog mentality of comedy. Maybe it's impossible. He awkwardly funny haha. @oneoneup norms bit went over the crowds head but the comedians were in absolute stitches norms always been a "comedians comedian". Jokes are jokes, you lose if you get offended, thats the whole point. Roasted! The full thing is hilarious and builds upon it's awkwardness and has the audience crying laughing at the end. Because thats the only way we could get Jonah on the stage., Ive been up here longer than I was in This Is the End. Why you'll never be over the hill, not in the car you drive. Jonah Hill applauds Seth Rogen for not losing that much money for "The Green Hornet" and gives props to James Franco for his unshakable integrity. Kevin Winter/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images. For the people who don't find it funny, this is a short bit out of the full 6 minutes that was his act at this roast. It is always recommended that you have a look through the Top New Videos, but also have a look at these: Have you seen a really funny, surprising, scary, interesting, cute or in any other way extra good quality video? Weirdly, it feels more like the comedians are all there to roast Hill instead of FrancoHill easily bears the brunt of a quarter of the insults all on his own, and almost all are about his weight. Boom! But the rest of the castall beloved comedians, like Nick Kroll, Aziz Ansari, and Bill Haderare just a little too nice to really come down hard on Franco. Love how he is roasting himself and not hurting anyone's feelings. 111K views 9 years ago James Franco's Comedy Central Roast was really nothing more than a relentless slew of gay joke after gay joke. Boom! @Flukem Nukem He regularly tells the entire world that in interviews. 01:40. I know, I'm actually shocked at the amount of people here who don't get it or do get it but would rather have just heard the same old rubbish. About. 0:42. Comedy Central and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of comedy partners. 2023 Comedy Partners. The 20 Best Comedy Central Roast Sets Ever - vulture.com Watch the full episode online. Mind you, we only share videos you discover that someone else has made; if you "self link," by posting a video you have made, have posted or have interests in, you risk the ban hammer - read the posting guidelines before posting. Well, guess what, Natasha? List Of 11 Andy Samberg James Franco Roast - cuisine.best ", "But Bob has a beautiful face, like a flower. That isn't your only resemblance to Rin Tin-Tin. Perfect delivery. Does Drinking Alcohol Really Improve Your Foreign LanguageSkills? And I loved him. Have you been reading one of those James Franco books?. J Silva Thanks alot because I clicked my notification and now I wanna watch Hot Rod. James Franco, bitches. Hes grinning as he does it, but you know what? I do think Andy has funnier bits, but I really like what he did here. Wait, is that even a question? From hair trends to relationship advice, our daily newsletter has everything you need to sound like a person whos on TikTok, even if you arent. Again, I'm going to give the point to Andy here. But one thing that bonds us as comedians is that we're bitter and jealous and we hate anyone else that has any success, but Bob, honestly, has never had an unkind word for anybody and I love him, and I hope everybody else does. wow you really pick up on the subtleties don't ya? "I'm roasting so hard right now", andy samberg's uncensored swearing is my religion. Watching Bill Hader lose his mind with laughter was almost as good as Andy's roast! He has the grace of a swan, the wisdom of an owl, and the eye of an eagle. Seth Rogen hosted, while Nick Kroll, Jonah. That's a foodie joke about dicks.". Select Pieces of Norm's Roast of Bob Saget: "Bob you have a lot of well-wishers here today, and a lot of them would like to throw you down one. I get it if you don't like that approach, but after awhile hearing the same vulgar jokes over and over it gets old for me fast. Like a cauliflower. The James Franco Roast on Comedy Central was the best thing on TV Monday night, and it delivered just like all the other roasts on Comedy Central. Available on Paramount+, Prime Video. I feel like he didn't need to do it there. The Comedy Central Roast Of James Franco - YouTube Roast of James Franco | Apple TV Andy Samberg & Sandra Oh's opening monologue was the perfect start to the Golden Globes. There isnt desperation. Extended - Jonah Hill - The James Franco Philosophy - Uncensored. The King of Burns Andy Samberg at the Franco Roast | The Franco Roast gets dark when Andy Samberg comes out swinging at everyone including Andy Samberg. 5M views, 15K likes, 1.6K loves, 4.1K comments, 9.5K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Comedy Central: The Franco Roast gets dark when Andy Samberg comes out swinging at everyone including Andy Samberg. This is exactly the same kind of jokes that they made in B99! James Franco has made a career out of being simultaneously enviable and laughable, but hes an odd (if calculated) choice for a Comedy Central roasta bit suave, a bit debonair, and way, way too good-looking. You melting hippo Even Jeff Ross has said that was his favorite roast anyone has said to him!! On one side, it's always fun to see some of the biggest, raunchiest comedians get their due after using the world as their comedy dumping grounds. Coming out of a commercial break at halftime,, Stephen Curry showed on Sunday that he is still capable of carrying the Golden State Warriors to victory on the biggest stage. Sarah Silverman is her typical unexpectedly vulgar self; Natasha Leggero is quick and cutting; and Jeff Ross has a few jokes hes practiced that land rather well. Which is why, rather than a battle waged through humor, The Comedy Central Roast Of James Franco feels more like a talent show. Look it up. If there are only a few people who can master this, he should host the next comedy central roast . For the ad-free version, it's $12.99 per . @Wigiloco zambi I don't taste dogshit, sir. @Ramsay Bolton yeah i can see how ramsay bolton would lack a sense of humor. I know it was the filthiest roast of all time besides Norm Macdonald's, He just complimented everyone and roasted the others roasting them so he is roasting like 6-7 people with every punch genius. You think if you read one book and take a shower, d***s are going to just fly into your face., When Jonahs agent told him that Quentin Tarantino wanted him to be in a spaghetti western, Jonah was like, You had me at spaghetti. Also, is it just because Im Jewish, or did they go a little too heavy on the Jew jokes? Natasha Leggero - Roasting the Dais - Uncensored. Andy is awesome I had to watch this again after all these years. Sarah Silverman describes Jonah Hill's preparation for his new film. Nailed you fuckers. And thats just it. Choice Cuts of Andy's Roast of James Franco: "Did you know James Franco was on General Hospital? We may earn a commission from links on this page. In preparation for the Roast, Jeff Ross took it upon himself to become an expert on all things Franco. Kroll makes a good showing, too. This might be the best thing ever. Here are some of the best quotes from the Franco roast, followed by a few of Sambergs best material of the night. Died at that one, this is probably one of the funniest roasts i have ever seen. Justin Theroux Has a Very Understandable Reason for Not Discussing His Ex Jennifer Aniston to thePress, Fans Are Convinced Salma Hayeks Glittering Look Is a Major Hint for Her 2023 Met GalaEnsemble, Prince Harrys Trip to the UK for King Charles IIIs Coronation Will Be Even Shorter ThanExpected, Michelle Obama Showed Off Her Surprising Singing Chops on Stage With BruceSpringsteen, Joshua Jackson Had the Sweetest Answer When Asked the Moment He Realized Wife Jodie Turner-Smith Was TheOne. Director Joel Gallen Writers Michael Ferrucci Jesse Joyce Michael Rowe Stars James Franco Seth Rogen Jeffrey Ross Andy Samberg Shares His Rejected Golden Globes Jokes, Sarah Silverman's Exchange With Jonah Hill At James Franco Roast, Roast of James Franco - Aziz Ansari - Time Travel and the Secret to Being Straight - Uncensored, Roast of James Franco - The "Dick in a Box" Boys, Andy Samberg Remembers Pitching Justin Timberlake the Dick in a Box Sketch (2016), Roast of James Franco - Natasha Leggero - Aziz and James's Great Career Choices - Uncensored, Roast of James Franco - Jeff Ross' Research Project - Uncensored, Natasha Leggero - Roast Of James Franco (2013), Roast of James Franco - Sarah Silverman - Natasha the Chihuahua - Uncensored, The Harshest Burns from the Roast of Justin Bieber, Every Taylor Swift & Andy Samberg interaction so far, Roast of James Franco - Jonah Hill - The Franco Philosophy - Uncensored, Seth Rogen Says He Will Never Work With James Franco Again, Roast of James Franco - Seth Rogen Draws First Blood - Uncensored, Roast of James Franco - Franco's Rebuttal - Uncensored, Andy Samberg impersonates Mark Zuckerberg at F8 2011. Nick Kroll surveys a very Jewish dais and reveals the truth about who really runs the media. This fun thing is him getting in a character. Roast of James Franco - Andy Samberg : r/videos - Reddit When I'm having a bad day, I sit down and see Andy Samberg serve me some truth-nuggets in roast form. But maybe our generation, or this generation of actors, just isnt much into roasts anymore. Gwyneth Paltrow Reflected On The Public's Reaction To "Conscious Uncoupling", 'Citadel' Star Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Family Nighttime Routine Is Relatable, Joshua Jackson Reveals How His Wife Really Feels About His Sex Scenes, 'Love & Death' Star Elizabeth Olsen Is Married To Musician Robbie Arnett, Get Even More From Bustle Sign Up For The Newsletter. ", "Oz the Great and Powerful? Norm MacDonalds, 3 Comedy Central Roast of James Franco (2013) IMDb, 4 Comedy Central Roast of James Franco: Uncensored, 5 The 16 best quotes from the Roast of JamesFranco, 6 Andy samberg terrible roast Hipokrat Group Nis, 7 Andy Samberg goes reverse roast, had nothing on Norm MacDonald, 8 James Francos Comedy Central roast: The 26 best lines, 9 Andy Samberg, Aziz Ansari join Comedy Centrals James Franco roast, 10 The Best Zingers From James Francos Comedy Central Roast That Will Keep You Laughing AllWeek, 11 James Francos Comedy Central Roast Adds Andy Samberg, Aziz Ansari, Top 10+ what to do with left over pork roast. Butler turned his right ankle late in his Miami Heats 108-101 win over the New York Knicks in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinals series on, The Kansas City Chiefs are expected to bring back one of the key pieces from their Super Bowl-winning team. This was my favorite part of the roast. oh my god this was my favorite part of the whole roast! Andy Samberg proves that sometimes the best way to roast someone is to not roast them at all. Watch as Roast Master Seth Rogen and a blockbuster list of friends and. I loved this roast so much. No dude , hes actually kinda serious in real life. When browsing sifts you like, have a look at the Related Posts list to see other related videos, click the tags under the video title to see more sifts tagged with the same tags or have a look at other sifts from the same user in the More Posts By list. A young woman experiences the bizarre extremes of working from home in the film Out of Office, starring Milana Vayntrub, Ken Jeong, Jay Pharoah, Cheri Oteri, Jason Alexander and more. ", "Here's one: Nick Kroll, Seth Rogen, and Bill Hader walk into a bar. It highlights the fact that you can be funny without saying something funny. The only person that did this exact kinda thing to perfection was when Norm MacDonald did it. Lets just all take a moment to appreciate Bill Hader during this, The way I fell more in love with him is unbelievable. Seth Rogen hosted, while Nick Kroll, Jonah Hill, Sarah Silverman, Andy Samberg, Aziz Ansari, Natasha Leggero, Bill Hader and Jeffrey Ross were the roasters. @nick anderson that was the point though. SheKnows is a part of Penske Media Corporation. I still can't watch The Situation though, too damn embarrassing. Davis: Betty Gilpin Talks Playing An A.I. I didnt think the intentionally lame jokes were that funny, much less his delivery, but some others enjoyed the changeup he threw. What's it like to have a unique perspective on what it means to be American, you bag of shit? Samberg wins. Samberg came across as trying to hard, whereas Norm was so much more natural. Franco has obliged us all by building up a life story doing many things that sound really dumband therefore make good insults. We may earn a commission from links on this page. Boom, he books himself a T-Mobile commercial. Is a Real Monster in Cursed Friends. James Franco finds himself on the receiving end of barbs served up by his friends. Sign Up. it was the funniest roast. James Franco - Jonah Hill's Handsome Friends, James Franco shines some light on one of Jonah Hill's important scenes in "This Is the End. ~Andy Samberg , He's roasting the roast itself, It's hilarious XD, Aziz just sat their slapping his chair the whole time. Its not art, and its not about you, its about the awful, excoriating humor that rips apart any shred of sensitivity and throws it into the faces of a million viewers watching live. How Khris Davis became George Foreman - and why he really wants to do "SVU", Alex Borstein had quite a moment with Brett Goldstein at the Emmys, How Khris Davis became George Foreman - and why he really wants to do. ", "My good friend Aziz Ansari is here. As Norm Macdonald once said, making people laugh and making them smile are two different things. Norm MacDonald actually paved the way for this style of roast back when Comedy Central roasted Bob Saget, the seemingly-wholesome but notoriously randy star of Full House. His take on this was one of the funniest things Ive seen. polite yet hilarious! he's honing a persona in this video. @Jon E Depth I actually needed to see this to understand the clip. Azizs hand movements during his laugh made me feel wierd, I felt this as well but was unsure how to articulate it, Hahahaha right, he looked like a wooden marionette puppet. aziz ansari points out the inaccuracies in the dais take on indian people and homosexuality. It is not fun. Roast Master Seth Rogen leads a dais including Aziz Ansari, Nick Kroll, Andy Samberg and Sarah Silverman in a tribute to actor-author-professor-messiah James Franco. "What's it like to have a unique perspective of an American you bag of shit!?" All Rights Reserved. The Comedy Central Roast Of James Franco is only funny sometimes; the rest is a little too glad-handy to be comedic. Andy really had no filter. Hulu. Samberg's take turns that on its head (after first establishing Franco's blinding handsomeness), making Andy the subject and ultimately poking fun of this genre of sophomoric joke as a whole. And he goes . Jeff Ross - James Franco Research Project - Uncensored. Best part of any roast I've ever seen and can only be done once. Norm MacDonald actually paved the way for this style of roast back when Comedy Central roasted Bob Saget, the seemingly-wholesome but notoriously randy star of Full House. The Greatest Roast of All-Time // Andy Samberg - WordPress.com That's why Andy Samberg's sweet, gentle, and riotously funny parody of a roast was absolutely refreshing. 2023 SheMedia, LLC. I get that it's not for everyone but still brilliant. este wey es genial "here's my next victimmmm" jajajajaja, I love Andy's humour. In these final moments, Franco is a little defensive, trying to retain his dignity by telling usas is always the case with his work!that he might look stupid, but the joke is truly on us. Full HDThis home outdoor projector supports a 50-250" projection size, allowing you to enjoy the joy of a large screen whether indoors or outdoors. Wintergloom What backlash? True Story - Trailer [HD] (James Franco, Jonah Hill) NoPopCorn. Seth Rogen is the roast master. No offense, but your face. Hilarious! One of my favorite roasts sets ever. Bill Haders reactions to Andy Samberg are almost as good as Sambergs whole bit. Look, its a fine roast. And - you are guaranteed to find more very good videos here already! OR he just sucked and wasn't funny , you know that's always a possibility when there are hundreds of people saying he wasn't funny .. Nah, man. They want to murder you in a well. Andy Samberg Actor . Comedy 2013 1 hr 9 min. James Franco Roast - Andy Samberg - VideoSift He walks with me through sunshine and rain. A California wildfire awakens a werewolf, but a group of curious teens -- once bitten -- will not shy away from the threat of decimation on Wolf Pack, streaming January 26 on Paramount+. So under-appreciated. My man Bill is. Who killed it at the roast?Let us know in the comments below! Andy Samberg, james franco, roast, comedy central; Standup; 1st Tube; Comedy .