I happened to come across a thread on the Arrma forum a few days ago while I was Googling the new line of Corallytrucks, And I couldn't help but swear to myself, There were actually some on there saying that the Corally's were Arrma clones, Are they having a laugh. On these premises, the battle line is drawn. Yeah, it does like to topple, imho the widekit (the V2 version) is a must. They run absolutely fine on 4S. Lastly, maintenance and support play a crucial role in the ownership experience of any RC vehicle. This is where I have been interested in finding out a little more about the Maxx. The Maxx looks like the better option but it's $100 more than the kraton and I honestly don't see what you are getting for the extra money. I am worried the Maxx will feel more like a 10th scale truck than something like the losi, but I've read that it feels pretty planted and stable. If you're willing to spend the extra money for a maxx, and that's a big if, then definitely go for it. So I'm loving this hobby so much that I'm thinking about my next car. Beginners always have to spend a lot of time bashing as they learn the ropes of RC racing, so, if youre a beginner, you might want to consider getting a Traxxas. I'm not sure if Traxxas offers it too, but RPM does i think. I have an Armma Outcast 4s which I've made LWB and tweaked a bit. Cant decide which beast to unleash on the RC tracks? I bought mine when they were more reasonably priced, and it was brushed. I'd say it's the strongest truck the hobby has ever seen. The kinda people to buy a maxx are the kind of people to go absolutely ham on their trucks. Any specific weak parts? Kits are updated each year to fix issues and given version numbers to keep track. Losi DBXL-E 2.0 Fox Edition - Professional Package Available - 4 batteries, Charger, Bluetooth module and more. That's from people with Xmaxxs jumping off massive jumps to TRX4 owners, and I see them by the half dozen every weekend at the local crawler track. Display as a link instead, With all ups and downs that brings with it. If it were me (and it sort of is) I am waiting for the 4s Outcast to come back into stock, and barring a massive price hike (contacts have told me it will go up but by about 30 at the most) I will be ordering. A fool and his money are easily parted. Renowned as being in a class of its own which is reflected in its price? I didn't spend big all in one go, I addressed problems as they arose. However, the Maxx only takes one 3s or 4s. Lower maintenance and upgrade costs. If you compare this to the Losi brand, you will find that while Losi actually has some good innovations, they seem to be more interested in the quality of their car parts while focusing less on R&D. Generally, which of these brands is better would depend on your personal needs and preferences. Both the Arrma Kraton 8S and the Traxxas X-Maxx are powerful and popular RC monster trucks. However, my ERBE spent most of its time running a geared up 2200 on 4S, this hobbled the torque and so failures weren't every run. I like it a lot, and i don't regret spending as much on it as i did (though, there's moments of clarity, where you can hear my wallet faintly weep), but yeah. If money isn't a concern, i'd argue the Maxx is the better 4s truck. Arrma trucks are way over hyped there an okay basher thats it I hear way to much rubbish about how great they are but in the real world theresjust as much if not more complaints about the durability. However, the Maxx only takes one 3s or 4s. Arrma provides for the needs of those looking for raw high-speed 6S expertise with a significant variety of premium RTR and EXP. It only takes a slightly awkward landing as well thats the trouble using plastic gears I guess, Yep but hows theres a Traxxas wide kit for the maxx so you can have best of both . Traxxas makes their money on parts, so expect to need upgrades or a lot of replacements. Handling is essential when it comes to RC cars, and both the Kraton 8s and Xmaxx boast impressive turning abilities. Well yes but all rcs break. I don't think the 4s outcast is in the same league as the 6s models or the Maxx. Losi just offers more durability. Arrma offers "EXtreme Bash (EXB) models with option parts to make them durable, but the buyer must purchase, install and program the electronics. Its the same in the real world you can buy a budget friendly Hyundai or go all out and get a Bentley both will get you to where your going . Is there anyone out there that's used or even better owned both of these? As mentioned in the edit, it's an X-Maxx servo, so in terms of strength it's good enough out of the box. So, if youre looking for an RC vehicle that works perfect for racing, you might want to consider a Losi vehicle. I'm completely torn between a Traxxas Maxx and Arrma Outcast 4s. Arrma's EXtreme Bash models are best suited for the experienced RC'r who understands radio control. I am dropping to my LHS tomorrow afternoon to pick one of these up, not sure which yet. Probably cheaper than getting it from traxxas too . The ARRMA RC brand is one that comes with the perfect definition of high-speed super-tough RC action. Traxxas XRT 8S vs. Arrma Kraton 8S: Which is Better? So is Arrma the best brand? in On-Road & Drifting, By Traxxas Maxx or Arrma Outcast 4s - Page 2 - MSUK RC Car Forum Both trucks require 8S LiPo batteries, so you can use the same battery for each, provided they have compatible connectors. We might as well mention it again that Traxxas produces cars that are excellent for bashing and this is the one thing that makes the brand beginner-friendly. Manage Settings Similarly, the Traxxas Xmaxx enjoys a vast selection of upgrade options, with many parts designed specifically for the model by Traxxas and third-party manufacturers. Arrma, on the other hand, primarily makes powerful basher RC vehicles, and they also limitedly create beginner-friendly RC vehicles. It even has a shorter runtime than ARRMA's truck. Plastic and aluminum aside, it looks like the Maxx can take a little more abuse. Yes, both the Arrma Kraton 8S and Traxxas X-Maxx are designed with waterproof electronics, allowing them to run in wet conditions. if you want to compare apples to apples look at the arrma 6s and traxxas Revo. Most Arrma cars run on a 6s system out of the box, while most Traxxas cars run on a 3s system out of the box. The Maxx diffs really the main selling point for me. You can post now and register later. Toggle the accessibility view on the website. Each year, these kits became more prominent, faster, and more extreme. Can I Use A Car Charger To Charge A Power Wheels Battery? They look the same really but as i said i don't know overall size. Even the spoiler looks nearly identical. What are the best upgrades for your SCX24? Everything is smooth, everything is quiet, everything feels refined. I can take a brief video tomorrow running a few circles if you want - but, i do think that the widemaxx kit decreases steering angle. Each vehicle has a unique set of accessories, so you can customize your RC car to fit your style. You cannot paste images directly. Traxxas offers them under their LaTrax brand. Yeah, it absolutely is - i'm not into brand wars as other people here, so i have no qualms owning a Traxxas next to an Arrma and Losi - if only the prices weren't as stupid, lol. The Xmaxx, on the other hand, requires two 4s LiPo batteries as well, but its run time varies from 20-30 minutes. Do I spy another non-standard servo from Traxxas? The radio is 120 and you need to buy the link module and receiver separately which cost about 45 each meaning you're spending over 200 to start with. I've enjoyed toying with it tbh, can adjust the settings at the tap on an app on the fly. The Kraton 8s operates on two 4s LiPo batteries, providing you with a runtime of approximately 30-40 minutes, depending on your driving style. 1200XL brushless motor.TQi 2.4GHz radio.ESC and motor fans.The steering servo. I always run my buggies on 4S and often my truggies on 4S. You can find a wide range of upgrade parts and replacement components for both the Kraton 8S and the X-Maxx. Arrma has grown exponentially by providing powerful vehicles for off-road and rough terrain with RTR and EXP rollers. The Kraton 8s provides LED light kits, wheelie bars, and alternative body shells, while the Xmaxx also offers LED lights, body options, and additional wheel and tire sets. However, the Kraton 8S has its advantages. Traxxas delivers a massive selection of 2S and 3S vehicles tons of drop-in fit accessories from various aftermarket manufacturers. in Introductions & Welcomes, HB D2 Evo, HB D418, HPI Firestorm 10T, HPI MT-2, HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6, HN scrt10 / TT Phoenix ST / TT eb4 s2 pro / Absima ab3.4 / Slash 4x4 clone/ Bandit 2410, BSR Berzerker X 2,Losi Muggy,Sworkz s350,Thunder Tiger S3,KM X2. Parts availability, powertrain reliability, overall durability, and all the -ilities to be considered. Thank you, that would be helpful. That said: usually money is a concern, and while i've spent it, i don't think it's worth 600 out of the box. DRAWING THE LINE There is barely any line to be drawn here between TRAXXAS and ARRMA because a brand choice depends on your prevailing need and desire. Upload or insert images from URL. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Triangular structured center brace system.Oil-filled adjustable shocks with massive 20mm bore. FREE U.S. With a wide range of high-performing vehicles on the RC market, Arrma gives you the opportunity to sharpen your RC skills and take on new challenges while still having fun with RC racing. Traxxas is a company that primarily . Maxx is basically a mini x maxx, most consider it one of the toughest rc money can buy. It's very Traxxas in that regard. The Arrma Kraton 8s offers a wide range of aftermarket parts and upgrades, allowing you to enhance its performance, handling, and appearance. Plastic CVDs are crap. Have you seen any of the videos where people go absolutely ham with the maxx. Your previous content has been restored. Traxxas maxx v2 vs Arrma kraton 4s v2 : r/rccars - Reddit Is it the Notorious or Kraton 6s or is it something all together different? For starters, Losi tends to create their cars with more powerful motors and they are renowned for using brushless rather than brushed motors on most of their RC vehicles, unlike Traxxas which uses brushed motors a bit more often. Which is more durable? When you spend more money on something, You want more, It may not be better, It may not add anything, But I paid more, I want to see and feel quality. Kpowell911, Sunday at 09:50 Below is a chart to show the variants in models and prices of Traxxas and Arrma brands. Can't agree with that. Yes, both Arrma and Traxxas have extensive aftermarket support and parts availability. Why buy a 6s truck and run it at 4s if thats the case you can a 4s Arrma Traxxas etc and run that on 3s And there be fine then. I loved my 4s Outcast, that said, I did snap the chassis, but that was after repeatedly beating it after I knew something was already loose. Traxxas vs. Arrma Both companies are essential, each providing something unique. Here are some things to know about the Traxxas brand: While the other brands were talking about in this article also produces high-quality vehicles, Traxxas is the best bet if youre considering bashing (driving your vehicle for fun). It's maddening how tough that thing is. in For RC Sales, By I think I'm settled on the arrma 6s, tomorrow I'll report back, the model shop I go to has a small test track, so, I can see what they both feel like and decide. Upload or insert images from URL. Not sure the Traxxas link is really much more than a gimmick. The Xmaxx, while more expensive, offers the benefit of Traxxass extensive support network and brand reputation. I'm waiting for the blue V2 widemaxx kit to get back in stock, which of course is the only one that isn't in stock anywhere for another 2 weeks. If you want tough, get the 6s Kraton and run it on 4s. What do u guys recommend. Shipping on orders of $99 or more*.  See complete details >. The Infraction and the XO-1, the Granite and the Stampede, the Kraton, and the E-revo are examples of similar cars from both brands even though theyre on different platforms. It only takes a slightly awkward landing as well that's the trouble using plastic gears I guess Quote mydoddy69 Members 10.8k Location:Somewhere beating my rc's I have been looking at both 4S and 6S (although, heard the 6S is pretty mental on 6S batteries even stock), I prefer the 6S on engineering, it's 110 Euros more, so, still very confused as to which to go for. Display as a link instead, i was just wondering if you had experience with the ped as i found the 4x4 to be bad i would of rather used the ped 2wd or even the e maxx mk2 also the slash with bigger tires even did better than the ped 4x4. All-metal gear drivetrain with strengthened axles.Clipless body mount.ESC.Motor fans. The Maxx started out way up on its big brother so just think in 2-3 years where that will be , Think this is the best promo vid of the Maxx so far for me, Id love one but sadly my wallet is saying not right now , If you dont like the price dont buy it,its okay as folks will and have paid it , Servo yep you can use a standard servo if you buy the adapter cage so not a problem at all.