To the happy couple, we wish you a very happy married life. Carbon Welcomes Dara Treseder as Its First Chief Marketing Officer I would probably be a performer, probably an amateur musical theater performer. I feel very much like Im drawing on those experiences at Peloton. Its been beyond an incredible experience because people here really care about living up to our values, and that is so huge. During her tenure, Peloton activated content partnerships with Usain Bolt and Beyonce, prodded its expansion to Australia, and heralded a new nationwide bike rental program. An immigrant, wife, mother, and Black woman, Treseders path to success has not been without difficulty. My mother used to always repeat this saying to me, which is the north star for my life: Ambition with contentment. When I was young, I didnt know what that meant, but now I know exactly what it means. Dara Treseder joined Ad Age Remotely to talk about 'fast-vertising' and what's ahead for Peloton By Adrianne Pasquarelli. I also care a lot about physical health and mental health, and were motivating millions of people around the world to stay centered, active, and connected. [14] References [ edit] ^ a b c DiTrolio, Megan (June 30, 2021). The company recently launched its first major ad campaign under Treseder, We All Have Our Reasons, spotlighting its community, which she calls one of the most valuable elements of our brand. Thats a departure from its previous marketing that focused on generating awareness for its products and services. Because there's so much changing in the world; there is so much uncertainty and ambiguity. Dara Treseder's email & phone number - Chief Marketing Officer at (v(48,a+" - exec"),k()):v(48,a+" - noexec")})}function h(a){function b(a){var c=/^[\s\uFEFF\xA0]+|[\s\uFEFF\xA0]+$/g;return"function"===typeof a.trim?a.trim():null===a? Chief Marketing Officer - Personal Website About Dara Treseder Shell report to Peloton President William Lynch. Whats a marketing campaign you wish youd thought of and why. typeof a&&""!==a?a:null}e=l(e);h(e,function(e){var g=k(e),h=g.split(". But your bonus is zero. Guess what? if ('serviceWorker' in navigator) { Megan DiTrolio is the editor of features and special projects at Marie Claire, where she oversees all career coverage and writes and edits stories on womens issues, politics, cultural trends, and more. Treseder will join Autodesk from Peloton Interactive, where she serves as SVP and global head of marketing, communications and membership. I'm not someone who's ambitious [for the sake of] ambition. Its healing. } Whats the hardest part of a marketers job today? if ("undefined" === typeof dlApi) { dlApi = {"target":"unknown/unknown","cookieInfo":"","no_gemius":1,"adsNoBanner":1,"noDfp":1,"tid":"EA-4719209"}; }. What I say might be seen very differently than [if my] amazing husband, William [might say it] as a blonde, white man. Dara Treseder on LinkedIn: #sustainability #design #engineering # PU: "e8fb7a77-a6a1-52d7-8a43-c309c26aec8b" Also join us across all of our other channels - we love to be connected! I don't seek balance, she tells me. Everybody else gets the benefit of a doubt, and weeven in spite of proving ourselveshave to reprove and reprove. Some brand name manufacturers, like Peloton, do offer digital-only subscriptions, no expensive equipment required, though the primary consumer association with the brand is still led by equipment. Marc Pritchard is a very talented CMO and I enjoyed seeing him lead his team to bring this campaign to life. Dara Treseder signed on as the SVP, head of global marketing and communications, in August 2020. People want to know, Who are you and what do you stand for? Weve been on this journey for a while, but 2020 has given us 20/20 vision; we now see more clearly that the communities we serve require this of us. Below she shares more of her story. But with memberships starting at just $10 a month, Planet Fitness offers enormous value for people who cant afford to pay through the nose to maintain their health with an expensive membership or home equipment. He further targeted the companys value position, store expansions and low near-term debt maturities as positives for the companys prospects. "@type": "ItemList", So for me, its a joy to be in this position. We are increasing accessibility to our products and our content in underserved communities. In today's live edition of Remotely, Autodesk CMO Dara Treseder discusses brand building and why her design-and-make software company is taking a big bet on marketing despite the shaky economy with Ad Age Senior Reporter Lindsay Rittenhouse. [5], Having worked in executive roles at Apple and GE, and as chief marketing officer at Carbon, she joined exercise equipment company Peloton as SVP and head of global marketing and communications in August 2020. Marie Claire is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Dara graduated cum laude from Harvard University with highest honors in field and holds an MBA from Stanford University. I'll never forget, one day, I was telling her something and she said, "You know, Dara, you don't have to always accept the world as it is. (Talk about a long list of responsibilities.) Do AI-Based Tools Understand Diversity Biases. [8], She is also a founding member of the Black Executive CMO Alliance,[9] and vice-chair of the board of the Public Health Institute. Dara Treseder Were continuing to follow our North Star of putting members first. I put up my hand and got those experiences, and I started to build allies. b(a,"js",!1);return u(a)&&a in h? And that's what I have tried to do. Autodeskthe maker of software that powers products across various industries including architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media and entertainmenthas tasked her to do the same within its design-and-make software space. Marie Claire. In 2020, Dara was elected as a Board of Director to PG&E, and named to Business Insider's "25 Most Innovative CMOs in the World". Future US, Inc. Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, A few brands, like NordicTrack and Nautilus, also competed directly with Peloton, offering more affordable takes on bikes, ellipticals and treadmills. We All Have Our Reasons is a campaign that celebrates our members, and this is really the first time we were using real riders in a paid, major advertising campaign. How are people experiencing this and thinking about it? I've made listening to these types of conversations part of my routine. What I can say is that as we are continuing to evolve as a brand. The second is "ambition with contentment." While the WFH era spelled good news for at-home fitness, global lockdowns decimated the gyms profits. Also, you need to make sure that you are pushing yourself, that you are learning, that you are building your portfolio of ideas. Playlist. if(a===document||!0===h(a,d)){var l;l="function"!==typeof a.getAttribute? In 2020, she was recognized by Forbes as one of the Most Influential CMOs in the world, by Silicon Valley Business Journal as one of Silicon Valleys top 40 leaders under 40, by Adweek as one of the Women Trailblazers, and by Business Insider as one of the Top 25 Most Innovative CMOs in the World. tid: 'EA-4719209', I felt like I was there, but I also felt that there were things that I still needed to learn. There used to be a time when brands and businesses sold products and didn't comment on anything outside of the day-to-day business. Download Q.ai today for access to AI-powered investment strategies. (u(a)?w("25.4",a):w("25.4"),A(b,g,"25.4")&&y.define(b,g)):d("25.5")}function A(a,b,g){if(G(a)){if("function"===typeof b)return!0;d(g+"->1")}else d(g+"->2");return!1}function J(a){var b= As of Mondays close, Peloton teeters near penny stock territory at a mere $8.22 per share. dv_path: "ENTERTAINMENT/CELEBRITIES", All these and more, are the reasons why this wedding has pulled so many eyes, apart from the fact that a marriage begins today. Dara Treseder is leaving Peloton for Autodesk just weeks after a broader executive shakeup. I realized that there were people within that organization who did value me, and there were opportunities where I could work on projects with them, even informally. kropka: { We can't show up the way everybody is showing up. Dara Treseder | Keynote Speaker | AAE Speakers Bureau (function(){function d(a,b){C("err",a,b);(function(a,b){var d="amdLoader: errorNumber: "+a;"string"===typeof b&&""!==b&&(d+=": "+b);var l=Error(d);setTimeout(function(){throw l;},0)})(a,b)}function w(a,b){C("warn",a,b)}function v(a,b){C("info",a,b)}function C(a,b,d){a={type:"warn",num:b,caption:d,time:(new Date).getTime()-I};z.push(a)}function t(a,b,g,m,h,l){function e(f){Object.defineProperty(a,b,{get:function(){!0===m&&w(h+"->1",l);return g},set:function(){d(h+"->2",l)},configurable:f})}try{e(!1)}catch(q){try{e(!0)}catch(f){a[b]= Whats an under the radar brand youre watching and why? Im still studying, and I think the MBA program provided that structure that allowed me to unlock that aspect of myself, so I see myself first and foremost as a business leader. Most recently, she made headlines when Peloton named her its marketing chief in August. But after moving to the United States to attend Harvard University, where she graduated with honors, Treseder went on to land top marketing roles at a succession of powerful corporations, including General Electric, Apple, and Goldman Sachs. I realized I had blind spots, and I still work on them daily. Dara Treseder is a Senior Vice President and Head of Global Marketing & Communications at Pelotonthe leading interactive fitness platform. You also have to understand what's going on in the world around you in the communities that you serve, what matters to them. But for the first time in a major way businesses and corporations are being asked, How are you going to reckon with this? I think it's cool what Carbon is trying to do, disrupt manufacturing and using 3D printing technology. The first thing I would say is to seek out opportunities that create other opportunities. It's not just about asking you for stuff, but it's about building a relationship that is mutually beneficial. 8. How do you speak to them in a way that they can hear you? She used her marketing prowess to help Peloton carve out a leading position within the connected fitness category. But when the world reopened, the company surged into expansion mode. That has been a guiding principle in my life. "===n[0]){var k=[];B(c,function(a){k.push(a)});B(n,function(a){". How can I be a part of the change? 2. Intervieweditedforlengthandclarity. Pregnant singer ushers in bride at a strangely unique wedding May 2, 2015 5:31 PM Nigerian pop star and mum-to-be, Tiwa Savage ushers in Dara Johnson at her wedding to William Treseder, taking place today at the Grand Banquet Hall, Civic Center, V.I Lagos. dlApi = Object.assign(dlApi, { Dara Treseder is a keynote speaker and industry expert who speaks on a wide range of topics. Heres how it works. As a child growing up in Ibadan, Nigeria, Dara Treseder was often told to get her head out of the clouds. How can I help make this a reality, where Black women are in positions of power and are able to lift up our communities? }, function (err) { When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. One of the biggest changes Treseder says shes seen in her career thats taken her from Goldman Sachs and Apple to CMO roles at GE Ventures and the 3D printing company Carbon has been the role people expect brands to play in our world. We use data-driven decision-making to help position our investors for the successes and risks they hope to achieve. It's important to be clear what matters most to us and why. And I love that because as a member, even for me personally, it meant so much. Barring more shutdown orders, it seems likely that budget gyms, rather than expensive gear, will drive fitness spending in rough economic climes. MC: What is the biggest challengeyou have had to overcomeas a leader, and what is your biggest success? I have a collection of these Moleskine books. Planet Fitness pandemic performance was rather opposite that of Pelotons. She is responsible for consumer strategy insights, communications, the company's growth and more. Published on April 27, 2023. It feels as if Peloton's Head of Global Marketing and Communications is radiating the reassuring vibe of a cool-down stretch on her company's fitness app. And seeing that representation on such a big stage meant so much to me. (n.isInit=!0,n.value=b,c()):d(11,a)}))});c()}function m(a,b){l=!0;var c=s.resolvePath(a,"js",!0);c in e||(e[c]=J(a),s.load(c,function(){if(c in Dara Treseder is a business leader with expertise in building and leading high performing global marketing, communications, and commercial organizations. !0===b(a).isRun()?c():[a]:c()}return[]}function e(a,b,c){function d(a){a=a.childNodes;for(var b=0;bReimagine: A conversation with Dara Treseder, SVP and Head - LinkedIn So, for me, it became, How can I be a part of the solution? Sometimes, my 5-year-old daughter, who is learning how to write and read, likes to leave me messages in my little Moleskine notebooks. To unpack the complexity of the times we are living in, I like to listen to other people share their opinions and perspectives, even if they are different than mine. The company, which went public in 2019, thrived as gyms shut down and expensive workout equipment took their place. Dara Treseder - Chief Marketing Officer - Autodesk | LinkedIn Dara Treseder: I try to be the best leader that I can be, and try to model what it's like to excel as a black woman in business. (m(a,g,e(),c()),!0):!1}function m(a,d,c,e){function k(){setTimeout(function(){v(48,"run timeout "+e);g()},e)}function g(){setTimeout(function(){0< However, its stock is up nearly 110% over the last five years. She always talked about the importance of your character and who you are and how you show up. At Peloton, Dara sets the strategy and goals for Marketing to build the Peloton brand, market the product portfolio, and drive the company's growth and international expansion. Dara Treseder Is the Reason You're Obsessed With Peloton This isn't a one-way relationship, right? I've been writing in them for over a decade. Submit your stories now via social or: Pregnant singer ushers in bride at a strangely unique wedding, Tiwa Savage ushers in the bride, Dara Johnson, Get our Top Stories delivered to your inbox, Asake shares his inspiring story, says 'I was a dancer, poverty pushed me to sing', Tiwa Savage confirms robbery attempt at her house. One of the partners, Resolution Medical, won Fast Companys Innovation by Design award for the swabs, Crafted with Carbon Technology, that were produced during the pandemic. ");if(2!==h.length)throw Error("irregulari contents of the attribute data-run-module: "+g);var n=h[0],l=h[1];a([n],function(a){c(function(){var c;if(q(e)&&!1===b(e).isRun())if(b(e).setAsRun(),a&&"function"===typeof a[l])e.setAttribute(f+"-isrun","1"),c=a[l](e,function(a){b(e).setValue(a)}),"undefined"!==typeof c&&(d(50,g),b(e).setValue(c));else throw c='No function "'+l+'" in module : '+n,e.setAttribute(f+"-isrun",c),Error(c);})})})}, DT:Take a bet on yourself. And this was the first time weve ever done this. And with a valuation thats well off recent highs, he believes the companys stock is also well-positioned for growth. [I had a plan], I exceeded it, and we crushed it. We're excited that she'll be applying her unique skills as a leader and marketer to continue to build Peloton into one of the most special brands in the world., This is a BETA experience. What brings me joy is the team, coming together to drive impact. Kudos Dara! That's when the magic really happens. [1][2][6] Marie Claire magazine credits her as being behind the success of Peloton during the COVID-19 pandemic. [1] NPR called her "one of the most influential marketing leaders of her generation". Before I joined Peloton, they had come out with a pledge to be an anti-racist organization, and that was incredibly heartening to me. Love is love. Everything we say has to be backed with action. DT: The key thing I think marketers have to doand I think this is one of the reasons I've been successful in my career, because I understood this from very early onis you have to do it as a team sport. } Visit our corporate site. A champion of public health, women's issues, and diversity initiatives, Dara is the Chair of the board of the Public Health Institute (PHI). Planet Fitness added 300,000 net new customers last quarter, bringing its membership count to 16.5 million. Im not going to lie some of it was really painful, because it was rooted in what I would call racial bias. const schemaOrgItemList = { Book Dara Treseder | Speakers Bureau | Booking Agent Info CEO Barry McCarthy, who came to Peloton after tenures at Spotify and Netflix, has pushed for massive changes to revive the drowning company. As SVP, she oversees all of the company's marketing efforts. Autodesk Appoints Dara Treseder as Chief Marketing Officer She delivers keynotes at several premiere industry conferences, such as those hosted by SXSW, Cannes Lions, MMA, CES, ANA, Women of Silicon Valley, AfroTech, LWT, Harvard, Stanford, and the London School of Economics. I haven't been this crushed since 'My Sister's Keeper.'. But when Covid restrictions eased, people returned to the office and gyms reopened, demand also eased for Pelotons products its stock fell. I have been watching the Peloton ad almost every day for the last two weeks and I enjoy it, not knowing I know the brain behind it. In the latest quarter, Planet Fitness has opened 34 new gyms with plans for an additional 1,000 in place in the U.S. alone. "Remember no matter how high you are, be humble. "Consumers want to know who you are. Peloton's Dara Treseder : Wisdom From The Top with Guy Raz It felt monumental. And then you need to still figure out, What are we going to say from a business perspective? So threading that needle of understanding how to show up while driving business objectives is critical. Chisom Obi-Okoye: Welcome to View From The Top: The Podcast.That was Dara Treseder, Senior Vice President and Global Head of Marketing, Communications & Membership at Peloton. But the company isnt accepting its fate lying down. Peloton's Head of Marketing Dara Treseder: Everything a - LinkedIn Next-Generation CMO Dara Treseder Moves To 3-D Manufacturing - Forbes In 2020, that eye for human-centered marketing took her to Peloton. "Dara Treseder Is the Reason You're Obsessed With Peloton", "Investor Group Including Karlie Kloss and Kaia Gerber Acquire W Magazine", "Peloton Hires Dara Treseder As Head Of Global Marketing And Communications", "Peloton: Dara Treseder: Wisdom From The Top with Guy Raz", "Peloton's head of marketing details the brand's 'Sex and the City' response", "Peloton, the Troubled Fitness Company, Loses Another Top Executive", "Peloton stock dips amid news of its marketing head leaving to work at Autodesk", "Dara Treseder | SVP, Head of Global Marketing & Communications, Peloton", "The Forbes World's Most Influential CMOs List: 2022", "Chief Marketing Officer Board Member Investor Wife + Mom", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dara_Treseder&oldid=1113897154, Stanford Graduate School of Business alumni, All Wikipedia articles written in American English, Articles using Template Infobox person Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Marketing executive, senior vice president, This page was last edited on 3 October 2022, at 19:21. 10. I like to ask myself, How are other people receiving what's going on? MEET THE TRESEDERS Laws that banned interracial marriage were legal in the United States until 1967. Which begs the question: where lies the disconnect? Here at Q.ai, we cant tell you if home fitness gurus or gym memberships will win the war for membership counts. As a Black woman in a senior position, it's almost likeOh my God. .image-wrapper{position:relative;display:inline-flex}.image-wrapper::after,.image-wrapper::before{background-image:var(--noscript-src);content:'';position:absolute;left:0;top:0;bottom:0;right:0;background-size:cover;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center} It's just a constant journey. It changes how we market and what we talk about. LinkedIn and 3rd parties use essential and non-essential cookies to provide, secure, analyze and improve our Services, and (except on the iOS app) to show you relevant ads (including professional and job ads) on and off LinkedIn. People want to know, Who are you and what do you stand for?. Dara Treseder is a proven technology business leader with expertise in building and leading high performing global marketing, communications, consumer, and commercial organizations. CMO Dara Treseder discusses brand building and why her company is making a big bet on marketing despite the shaky economy By Lindsay Rittenhouse . They're brilliant. When I came into the corporate world, it was clear to me that I was undervalued. Peloton marketing senior VP Dara Treseder exits for Autodesk Treseder had been with the fitness brand since 2020 By Adrianne Pasquarelli. Yes, maybe you eat paleo and have mastered crow pose, but do you practice financial wellness? "+e:f;!0===g&&d(17,b);return}!0===g&&d(18,b)}}function g(b){document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(b)}function m(b,a){function d(){!0!==x&&(!0===f&&(c.readyState=void 0),x=!0,a(c))}var f=!1,x=!1,c=document.createElement("script");c.type="text/javascript";c.src=b;c.onload=d;c.async=!0;c.defer=!0;!0=== Like all brands, Peloton has had its public challenges: the company recently announced a recall affecting 27,000 bikes sold between 2013-2016 and it was widely criticized for its Peloton Wife ad of 2019 (though the ad did not appear to impact Pelotons sales -- it may have driven them). CEO Barry McCarthy, who took over this past February, has instituted a number of changes in his attempt to bring the company back to profitability. Peloton's stock peaked around $167 in October 2020 at the height of WFH. Amy Domini and her firm, Domini Impact Investments LLC, are inspiring a greater and greener worldone investor at a time. In the last few weeks, the company has parted ways with multiple high-level executives, including Treseder. But her mother encouraged her to dream big and to follow her ambition if it . Peloton has hired Dara Treseder as the fitness platform's new head of global marketing. Dara Treseder, MBA '14: "If You Stand For Everything, You Stand For I enjoyed seeing how a brand that didnt have an obvious connection with the Olympics found a simple, clear connection that resonated so deeply across different disciplines, geographies, and cultures. Available via the MIT or new BSD license. CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER BOARD MEMBER INVESTOR WIFE + MOM. And as a mom of two young children, I can listen to podcast episodes while I juggle my other responsibilities. MBA, Stanford Graduate School of Business, 14, AB in African American Studies, Harvard University, 10, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Carbon, Chief Marketing Officer, GE Business Innovations & GE Ventures, Big-Data Initiative in Intl. And unfortunately, the people that are told "you need to wait your turn" are people like me, Black women. In her role, she oversees Peloton's . That's kind of her job. Tiwa Savage ushers in the bride, Dara Johnson Thats always been important, but its even more important now. var d,e=null;return(c=b(c+""))&&!b(c.replace(a,function(a,b,c,f){d&&b&&(e=0);if(0===e)return a;d=c||b;e+=!f-!c;return""}))?Function("return "+c)():null}function l(a,b,c){a.addEventListener?a.addEventListener(b,c,!1):a.attachEvent("on"+b,c)}var e=D();if(null===e||!0!==d(e))for(var e=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),q=0;q