Thanks Kate :). I eat granola almost every day, and this is my go-to granola recipe. We love this granola on its own, with yogurt or milk. Thank you so much for the detailed instructions, I will be sure to make this again! This recipe looks so delicious! Easy Homemade Granola - Spend With Pennies I have made this at least 20 times with a few different combinations of ingredients Jennifer Segal, inspired by the granola served at, dried fruits (such as cranberries, raisins, cherries, chopped apricots, currants, etc. He love the coconut oil. Perfect. That should help to crisp it up a bit more . The dried fruit can freeze solid, so let it warm to room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. In the end Ive gotten a lovely granola that Im thrilled with. Can you substitute agave nectar for the honey? Easy! The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. Hi Jenn, Ive got a question about the granola recipe. I recommend using a basic. I love hearing from you and hope this granola recipe becomes your new favorite. Served it with greek yogurt, raspberries, and lilikoi! Gjelina Take Away is the counter service outpost of neighboring Gjelina in Venice serving locally-sourced, produce-forward food to stay or to go. And golden raisins are more juicy so I use those too! Thanks for developing such a great recipe with options for other versions of granola to try in the future! It's My son so far has tested it but Im sure the family will love it too! The Best Healthy Granola Recipes - Taste Of Home Place the oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. bag, Find a thoughtful gift for everyone with our curated Gjusta Goods Gift Boxes. This is the best granola !! Also how I,am going to mix with parchment paper in bottom ?Going to be hard not to make a hole or move the paper? The other commercial granolas werent basic enough. Seems wet when taking out of oven, but after you add the dried fruit, mix it up, spread and compact it to cool, it hardens beautifully. I do however think this would be tasty with dried apples like the previous commenter mentioned. . This recipe is perfect! I added 6 tablespoons of roughly ground flaxseed and that worked great for me! I think when using olive oil that its important to use a type made for baking. Heat the oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I tried granola for the breakfast and it was And somehow lunch is . Read my full disclosure policy. I think use half or even a quarter of the salt called for and it might be great. Hi Jay, Id guesstimate a serving would be about 3/4 cup. My family begs me to make this & have given out the recipe many times to friends. I used coconut oil, all honey, pepitas, pecans, dried cranberries, and some chocolate chips and WHEW is it clump citynot even clumps, it is one intact sheet of granola right now, and no complaints here. Easy Homemade Granola - Just a Taste This comes out perfect If your granola is piled high on one pan, use two baking pans or cook it in batches so it cooks evenly. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. My favorite oil to use is coconut (it really does not give coconut flavor, instead it makes it a tiny bit sweeter tasting.). Some olive oils are too grassy tasting and would not suit for this. 3. Doubled the sesame seeds and went for it without doubling anything else. Much. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring and re-spreading a few times with a spatula, until the entire mixture is medium golden brown. This is by far our favorite recipe. I cant leave it alone. Thank you! If youre watching your saturated fat intake, olive oil is a better choice! . How to Make Homemade Granola Homemade granola comes together in no time at all. We love this granola. Toss to coat. That will allow the mixture to cool just a little bit so they dont completely melt. Do I have to take baked oats out ???? Is it possible to make this without the sweetener? I cant wait to eat more ! Recipe adapted Meg Gordans granola, which Ive tweaked over the years. I also add orange zest and a table spoon of the juice from the orange I eat this every morning for breakfast. I started at 10 mins before and after stirring and it was slightly more toasted than I wanted. Some of you, like me, love big clumps in your granola. Stir until combined. For flavorful granola, dont skip the salt! It makes a uniquely delicious treat. Spent almost $11 for a fantasticly delicious croissant and very small slice of bannana bread. The granola will further crisp up as it cools. multi-grain porridge waffle . Granted, Im partial, but it really is the best and I use that term sparingly. I use vegetable oil because I dont keep coconut oil on hand and it works beautifully. Is there a recipe without egg whites? I love this recipie! I do spoon in the coconut oil and then after it is melted, I top it off sometimes as much as 50% with avocado oil. Weve tried many types of dried fruit and it never disappoints!! Emily, I have substituted flax seed meal for the wheat germ with great results. My oven runs exceedingly hot, so I adjusted time and temperature accordingly to compensate. Thank you for your review. Im sorry you didnt love it, Viki. Asa mom of four little ones, I know the importance of making every minute (and every dollar) count. Well, once it was cooking and I went to mix it, I could tell right away that it wasnt going to crisp up like it usually does. No pets allowed inside or on the patio. This has been my go to granola recipe for so long, and it always comes out amazing! Its really good but I do keep it refrigerated so that the butter doesnt go rancid (not that it lasts that long). In fact, I love this recipe so much that I shared it in my cookbook,Love Real Food. Its my go to recipe for granola and I have passed it on to my daughter because she likes it so much. Stir to combine. (p.s. We really like this granola. I made it exact to your recipe and Ive made several batches since then. I love using real maple syrup in my granola. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious granola! So good! Its amazing! If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source. Directions. Its SO good! Its very versatile. Could also sub maple syrup for rice malt syrup to make it sugar-free and still delicious. Yep. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, coconut flakes, if using, cinnamon, and salt. I would adjust as needed if I were using different ingredients. For vegetarians. AVAILABLE ALL DAY, avocado, soft egg, kimchi, herbs & sprouts, sauteed greens, pickled turnips, brown rice, miso dressing. I make a double batch and freeze what I am not going to eat in a weeks time. Jessica. LOVE this granola recipe! I appreciate your feedback. Start to pure the mixture using an immersion blender. I made this granola yesterday and it is delicious!!! I triple or quadruple the recipe and make it again as soon as I run out. I went for the 3/4 tsp sea salt because my pepitas were salted. 1 problem, I eat too much of it! I've always gotten the smoked brisket sandwich, which is incredible, but I unfortunately wish I could expand and try more of the menu. The main problem in the end were the oats. Thank you for your review. Any type of nuts will work in this recipe but I prefer using unsalted mixed nuts. Despite just how crowded it can be at peak times and on the weekends, I have never had anything other than incredibly satisfying tastes and flavors. Plus, homemade granola is super easy to make. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @onceuponachef. Special events are handled on a case-by-case basis. This recipe is very forgiving, but make sure to follow the ratio of dry matter and wet matter. I dont know why but I cant get the breaking apart texture of the granola. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. I think I would only use a 1/4 tsp at most next time, not a full teaspoon. Had some for breakfast with yogurt and fresh raspberries but to be honest I think Ill be nibbling at it all day, its so delicious. Unfortunately, it didnt last long because the whole family gobbled it up so quickly. Its made with oats, coconut oil and your favorite nuts and fruit. And, yes, I think it would be fine to replace the honey with maple syrup. I actually half the amount of oil (I use extra virgin olive) & the amount of maple or honey and still get delicious results. *If you want toasted coconut in your granola: Stir the coconut flakes into the granola halfway through baking. It has completely replaced cereal at our house, we top Greek yogurt with it as well. Gjusta (and it's sister restaurants) are experts at cooking actually seasonal vegetables, simply, tastefully, and in ways that constantly surprise and delight me. This granola is the best. Gjusta Bakery BTW I used two half sheet pans together to avoid burning but Im not sure I needed to as I actually baked for more than 30 minutes. For information on volume & corporate gifting, please emailinfo@gjustagoods.com. Im done with store bought granola and loving that I can add or subtract any item that appeals to me. I added my coconut and half the choc chips before baking, and the other half of the choc chips after for some different textures. About Contact Cookbook Recipes Shop Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers. Mix all ingredients together ( per recipe below) except dried fruit. There is only one problem with this recipeits too bloody delicious! Very filling and nutritious. A curation of three favorites from our Venice restaurants: a bag of our whole bean coffee blend, a bag of homemade granola, and a cookbook of recipes from the Gjelina kitchen all packaged in a sturdy paper box for easy gifting. This recipe worked perfectly for me. Ive used this recipe a half dozen times it is easily the simplest and the best. Learn how your comment data is processed. I put extra nuts and cranberries in but I wont be buying shop bought again. Join our team & learn more about open positions here: gjelinagroup.com/careers, 320 Sunset Ave intended for sharing. english muffin, sunny egg, gruyere, braised kale, bacon, hot sauce, pain de mie, sunny egg, tasso ham, gruyere, harissa ketchup, egg, bacon, potato, poblano, queso chihuahua, salsa roja, side of housemade jalapeno lime hot sauce, sourdough, fried egg, ham, gruyere, mornay sauce, sourdough, fried egg, market greens, gruyere, mornay sauce, salmon, soft egg, kimchi, herbs & sprouts, sauteed greens, pickled turnips, brown rice, miso dressing. On the fence with reducing oats by half cup. My favorite way to eat it is as a parfait with homemade strawberry yoghurt or as cereal. I have Hemp Hearts, but dont know if that would work. Let me know what you think. Platters are available for rent by request and are limited to select dishes only. I personally prefer the maple syrup and olive oil combo the best, but other sweeteners and oils are also yummy. So delicious! As a former professional cook, I think this is a good solid base or jumping off point, when the directions are followed. This is so yummy! 22 Quick and Easy Recipes in 30 Minutes (or less) + 5 Chef Secrets To Make You A Better Cook! Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you dont want extra-clumpy granola. The food is amazing! In a medium saucepan, melt peanut butter, honey and strawberry jam together. Why do you recommend lining the sheet with parchment? I make this so much and just realized Ive never reviewed it. Thanks for this recipe! The experience of Gjusta can be chaotic - searching out the number dispenser, navigating the printed menu and the daily specials on display, finding somewhere to sit . A 20% Mandatory Service Charge is added to your check for dining in and a 15% charge is added for takeaway orders. My family cant stop eating this granola. What if u dont have parchment paper,can u use grease paper, Grease proof paper is the same as Parchment paper, its just a different name in UK and USA. I havent made granola before, so I decided to try your recipe and it turned out amazingly well and delicious! Preheat oven and mix dry ingredients: Preheat the oven to 350F. We advise you to inquire at least one month in advance, but longer lead times are always beneficial. If I want to add chocolate chips when would you suggest putting them in? Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months (thaw overnight on the counter before using). Actually, as I was putting the salt in the mixing bowl, I was like, this seems like a lot of salt. I cannot stop eating it, actually. Toss those takeout menus and get ready for the ultimate collection of 25 family-friendly recipes. I added cinnamon to this batch for some subtle warming spice. Its amazing! I have made this twice, once with foil and a parchment sheet, and once with only foil. This recipe is a winner!!! Hi Kate Rate the recipe: 5 stars means you loved it, 1 star means you really disliked it. Process until the mixture is thick and the dates have mostly broken down. Pour in the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and vanilla. You can taste the value in the food and feel it in the ambiance. I made this recipe and, although it tasted delicious, it was too wet. The clusters stuck together just fine. This was so easy and delicious, everyone in the family loves it. Love this granola! Our hours of operation are 8:00 am6:00 pm. As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. Store-bought granola doesnt stand a chance against this DIY version! In the south, we have easy access to locally produced sorghum syrup, and I often substitute sorghum for half the honey. Thank you for your review. Any dried fruit have to be added in after the granola cools, I absolutely love this recipe!!! In15 minutes it was suddenly smoking and burnt on bottom. We always keep a big glass jar filled with this granola at our ski house. Finally a granola that clumps, YaY! I have made this recipe many times, always with great success. This is a great granola recipe! Great snack too. Can I omit the egg whites? Hi Susanne, sorry you had a problem with this! Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Unfortunately, steel-cut oats wont work here. Cant find good stuff here, I brought this wonderful granola on a girls beach trip. (It's all free.). Thank you for your review. Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. I use coconut oil, maple syrup and raisins. Ugh, I went to the store for the wheat germ and forgot to put it in the granola. Will do the same next time! Gjelina Group creates hospitality experiences delivered from a place of purpose, with simplicity. It was hard to chew but still delicious. This granola is delicious and so easy to make. Affiliate details . I had a glut of butter so I used it instead of the oil. Flax seed instead of sesame seed. Whatever mix-ins you choose, one thing is certain: Store-bought granola doesnt stand a chance against this DIY version! Homemade Fruit Granola (Furugura) Just One Cookbook Dried cranberries and raisins added at the end. I toast the pecans before mixing them in. Thanks. Not too sweet just perfect. Here are my tips to achieving the best clumps: Even with all those techniques in place, I occasionally end up with a batch of granola that isnt as clumpy as my others, for reasons that I cant explain. I wasnt able to break it apart to store it as it wasnt crumbly but rather sticky. Nancy, I absolutely love this recipe! 2. My familys done away with store bought granola and only wants Jenn Segals granola:) Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipes! We keep this granola in our pantry at all times! I made a batch of using raw cashews (which I had available) instead of the pecans and it is fabulous. Also, it is fantastic while its still warm. Another winner! Its simple, delicious, and somewhat addictive. All vintage items are final sale. Also with a stronger honey I switched to the second batch-nutmeg instead of cinnamon, as now the cinnamon was overpowered. Thank you for sharing, Diana. Cheaper than buying it and with more substance than most commercial granolas. Enter your email to be notified when this product is back in stock, Gjusta Tote Bag A good baker always keeps a close eye on the oven. Granola [Gjusta] recipe | Eat Your Books Order your copy of The Secret Ingredient Cookbook featuring 125 brand-new family-friendly recipes with surprisingly tasty twists! I used parchment paper from a roll to line the cookie sheet and had no problem at all with the granola sticking. 12 Tasty Granola Recipes - The Spruce Eats I also cooked mine on a silpat , so had no problem of sticking. Plus 5 Chef Secrets To Make You A Better Cook! So. This is an amazing recipe! Granola - Menu - Gjusta - Venice - Yelp Accessibility Policy Comment Policy Nutrition Disclaimer Photo/Recipe Policy Privacy Policy, The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Have made this twice and its a big hit in our family, thank you! You can add chocolate chips after the granola has completely cooled (otherwise, theyll melt). We came here for breakfast and it reminded me so much of New York. Jenn, can I omit the dried fruit? Im sorry you didnt love this recipe, Dee. Im glad you loved it, Grace! Im excited you love it, Cecil! Thank you for sharing. I havent tried it so I cant say for sure. This is the best recipe Ive found for homemade granola, however a year ago I had to have my gallbladder removed, and Im having a hard time digesting saturated fats. I did omit the wheat germ. The place is awesome! Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Read more. Hi Jenn, if I only have one cup of nuts and no dried fruit could I add more oatmeal and would the other ratios be right? Making another batch today, so we can enjoy some over the holidays. Today, Im sharingmy basic granola recipe, which is also the best granola recipe. Peden + Munk. Fifteen to 20 minutes is just enough time to make a vegan breakfast scramble: This recipe infuses tofu with the warm, sweet-and-savory flavors of breakfast . Its my breakfast staple. I always add 1 generous tsp. Yes, the biggest criticism I have of this one is that it tastes too good I have to moderate how often I make it! Im not a fan of raisins. Working service dogs are allowed in accordance with ADA guidelines. I appreciate your review. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. This granola is delicious,chunky as promised and so easy to make. Preheat oven to 350. Remove the granola from the oven, stir it one more time, then allow it to cool completely on the baking sheet. All orders are processed and shipped from our Venice, CA location by our small team within 2-3 business days of purchase. Ive made it at least half a dozen times with wonderful results. This is incredible, so versatile and easy to make yet so much more wholesome than those found in the supermarkets! Heat oven to 350F. Our menu, space, and offerings change as we go, evolving with the seasons and the needs of our neighborhood. Drizzle the egg mixture over the oat mixture, stirring together until well-combined. So easy and so good. Hi cant wait to try this recipe sounds soo yummy. I was looking for something different, something unique to me. Best regards Despite being organic, they were not dry enough thus retaining too much moisture making the granola sticky rather than crunchy, and by increasing to 5 cups, the stickiness issue was resolved. Gjusta Goods Four thoughtful souvenirs from our Venice restaurants, including: our Gjusta cotton tote, a bag of our whole bean coffee blend, a bag of homemade granola, and a cookbook of recipes from the Gjelina kitchen all packaged in a sturdy paper box for easy gifting. It's as simple as melting the oil and sweeteners together, mixing in the oats, nuts and . Were a gluten-free nut-free family that does not have room in the budget for specialty allergen-free granola. Our belief is that every hourly Gjelina employee contributes to your service and 100% of the MSC will be distributed amongst them. Hope you enjoy! Thank you for your review. The granola is crisp, just-sweet-enough, and has the perfect amount of salt. I do find 350 to be too high to start with. Line a 13 x 18-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Sincerely, Everyone was happy, except for my husband and his sad burrito. Thanks Kate. Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer). I used half maple syrup and half honey for the variety of flavour. . Im glad you loved it. I used mixed salted nuts (I like my granola to have just a touch of saltiness), dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. I do not have problems with it burning as others have mentioned. Stir in the liquids: Stir in the oil, sweetener, and vanilla. For now loving this. Also the honey is sort of what makes it stick together? Use the best ingredients you can find (high quality honey or maple syrup, freshly ground cinnamon in a mortar and pestle, high quality nuts (no peanuts), extra virgin olive oil, I use cacao nibs instead of chocolate chips) it makes a difference! It doesnt take long for the edges to burn at the end of your bake. Mix in the spices: Add salt, cinnamon, and cardamom and stir thoroughly to combine. Easy Homemade Granola Recipe | Taste of Home If you want to change up the mix of nuts and seeds in these bars, go for it. It freezed well and it a nice treat to go out to the freezer and break off a little square when I am wanting something sweet! If so, how much of each would you recommend? Lesson learned, just listen to your instincts. In terms of cooking times I do set a timer, but find that when I can really start to smell the delicious aroma coming from my kitchen its probably almost done. Looks like they added the raisins before baking which would have burnt as they are supposed to be added after baking. I have made this several times with great results deliciously crunchy with perfect snacking texture. Yes, Rosalee, as long as you keep the wet to dry ratios the same, this is pretty flexible. It will still turn out but you just wont get big clumps of granola; it will be smaller pieces. So AMAZING! Step 1. This really is the BEST granola ever! Thanks so much, Jenn! Thanks again for a GREAT recipe. I used 1/4 cups each of honey and maple syrup Our catering options include favorites from the Gjusta all-day menu, as well as seasonal and special offerings Definitely 5 stars! oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Delicious! The interior is set up like a very fancy deli with lots of wood, soft lighting and old fashioned slotted letter boards for the menus.The street outside is another story, be prepared for a homeless tent city, which is luckily not visible from the charming back patio, totally fenced off from the disarray.I had the egg sandwich with harissa catsup (definitely not NY BEC) and a latte (at least I ordered a latte but the guy who brought it said cafe con leche, so maybe they don't have espresso?).