On Monday, after 18 years together, the couple announced they are heading down the aisle this year. Nous, Yahoo, faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo. Im hesitating because I havent said it out loud yet, Roberts told author and motivational speaker Gabby Bernstein during a discussion about setting intentions. That's what I really learned this past year being patient, understanding what is really important, and that I don't have to be on the hamster wheel all the time. Robin who is a longtime journalist and author is well known as the anchor for Good Morning America. The pair reportedly met for the first time on a blind date . Sweet Amber, Completing radiation, a very important phase of her treatment! Roberts publicly acknowledged her relationship with Laign on social media in 2013. In July, Roberts shared some positive news, posting a video of Laign ringing a bell, signifying the end of her radiation treatment. In a conversation about setting intentions for the new year, the Good Morning America host, 62, told motivational speaker and author Gabby Bernstein on Monday that she wants to wed her longtime partner, Amber Laign. You are also agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. Roberts had announced in February 2022 that Laign had been diagnosed with breast cancer in a video shared on her social media. GMA's Robin Roberts receives concerned messages from fans during Proud of her and all fellow Thrivers for your grit and grace during a challenging time. Don't miss a beat. On this #ThankfulThursday Im praising God that you know what prayer can do!! All Rights Reserved. Im a puddle every time I think about what Amber is going through. Robin is one of GMA's longest-running co-anchors, having worked on the ABC daytime news show since 1995 . "We love Robin and Amber, who we have all known for a long time," ABC News said in a statement of support after her coming out announcement, per BuzzFeed. ET on Lifetime. She had 20 weeks of chemo and a double mastectomy with 30 lymph nodes removed. GMA's Robin Roberts lives apart from long-term partner Amber Laign Roberts later shared in April that Laign was temporarily pausing treatment amid complications with the chemotherapy. On Mondays episode of Good Morning America, Roberts sat down with writer Gabby Bernstein in a segment surrounding the authors book, Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life Beyond Your Wildest Dreams. When discussing the idea of saying yes to things in life, Roberts revealed what she plans to say yes to this year, including something she had yet to say out loud., After Bernstein told Roberts to say it out loud, Roberts revealed, Im saying yes to marriage. Last July, Roberts praised Laign for completing radiation treatment after she was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of 2021. In a clip from an interview posted to her Instagram on Monday, January 2, Roberts says she plans to get married this year. dvelopper et amliorer nos produits et services. Roberts herself was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007, later undergoing a bone marrow transplant and radiation treatment after learning she had the rare blood disordermyelodysplastic syndrome(MDS). ", 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Amber Laign and Robin Roberts attend the Selma and the Legends Who Paved the Way gala at Bacara Resort on December 6, 2014, in Goleta, California, Roberts and Laign have been together for over 15 years. In their chat Monday, Roberts told Bernstein that she and Laign, a massage therapist from San Francisco, had previously talked about [getting married], but we had put it off. Having you by my side is a gift as we continue to navigate this thing called life, the former massage therapist wrote at the time, adding, You have the kindest heart and most beautiful soul than anyone I know. Its something we have talked about but we had put it off. Newscaster Robin Roberts with her partner, Amber Laign. Robin Roberts Says She Set a Wedding Date With Amber Laign "You're not going to have the wedding. I cant believe I said that, she joked about divulging her next chapter with Laign. "We were so touched by Robin's Facebook message today and so thankful for all the loving support she has in her life.". Robin Roberts has also battled breast cancer and credits Laign as her ultimate support system. Robin Roberts Plans on Getting Married to Longtime Partner Amber Laign On Instagram, Roberts shared a clip from the segment with Bernstein on Instagram along with the caption, "Saying YES to marriage in 2023 Always a joy to chat with @gabbybernsteinshe joined us. Robin Roberts announces plans to marry longtime partner Amber Laign I understand what your going through. She is now going through radiation. Were getting married this year. Roberts, a breast cancer survivor herself, spoke at length about Laigns diagnosis in a 2022 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show., I went through it twice, barely shed a tear, she said at the time. Continually praying for Amber as I know this journey is not easy and Im praying for your strength as you care for her. Robin Roberts And Her Partner Of 18 Years, Amber Laign, Will Get ", In another interview with Ellen DeGeneres on April 24, 2022, Robins said "I went through it twice, barely shed a tear," but that she turns into "a puddle every time I think about what Amber is going through,", The journalist said, "But she is being so courageous and is handling it extremely well. But she is being so courageous and is handling it extremely well.. Robin Roberts Celebrates 15 Years with Partner Amber Laign - People mesurer votre utilisation de nos sites et applications. "Having you by my side is a gift as we continue to navigate this thing called life. On December 12, 2013, Robin Roberts and Amber Laign tied the knot in a private ceremony at their home in New York City. The GMA star is getting married to long-term partner Amber Laign 15 Feb 2023, 10:24 GMT Hanna Fillingham US Managing Editor London Robin Roberts announced some exciting news at the start. "I remember Mahalia always playing in the house [when I was growing up]. Robin Roberts has an interesting love life, like her career. Sweet Amber completing radiation, a very important phase of her treatment! Roberts documented on Instagram. afficher des publicits et des contenus personnaliss en fonction de vos profils de centres dintrt; mesurer lefficacit des publicits et contenus personnaliss; et. All About Suleika Jaouad. #praying #faithoverfear. Thank you dear. The GMA anchor announces that she is getting married in 2023. Of Laign, Roberts explained, via E! It was way to expensive for us, but it was oh so worth the purchase! "I just really wanted people to know the full story about her. On Good Morning America, the anchor told author and motivational speaker Gabrielle Bernstein, "I'm saying yes to marriage. "My sweet Amber wanted me to tell you something that she's been facing. The New York-based Maryland native graduated from Randolph-Macon College in May 2016 with a focus in Communication Studies and Journalism. Pour en savoir plus sur la faon dont nous utilisons vos donnes personnelles, veuillez consulter notre politique relative la vie prive et notre politique en matire de cookies. Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free weekly newsletter to get the biggest news of the week delivered to your inbox every Friday. "Didn't pack much clothes, but I packed patience. Although Roberts didnt disclose many of the details behind her big day, she did share that the two of them have already set a date for their ceremony. Good Morning America Anchor Robin Roberts Announces Plans to Marry We've never been stronger.". They kept their romance private until 2013, when Roberts came out in a Facebook post. I love you with all my heart.. Part of HuffPost Entertainment. I'm grateful.". Prior to PEOPLE she's written for Essence, The Cape Times newspaper and Los Angeles Magazine among others. It looks like wedding bells may be ringing this year for Robin Roberts. How long have. Robin Roberts and her longtime partner, Amber Laign, are finally preparing to tie the knot. On July 26, 2020, in an Instagram post celebrating the couple's 15 anniversary, Robin Roberts re-posted her girlfriend Amber Laign's post, shedding some more light on the couple's first date. She became ill, butit is saying yes to that and that next chapter. The two women have been dating since 2005. "I remember when I packed up part of my dressing room here [in New York City] and headed home to Connecticut a year ago [when the pandemic started]. This story has been shared 44,929 times. We're getting married . Privacy Notice Roberts publicly, yet quietly, came out as . I love you with all my heart..boo boo Happy 15th Anniversary!!" The couple had been dating for 10 years and decided to finally make it official. Roberts will marry her longtime partner Amber Laign. It's something we have talked about but we had put it off," Roberts said during a segment on Monday's 'Good Morning America.'. I'm looking at the union. It is so exciting to know I've been with this person for 18 years, and we're still excited, and we still wanna be with each other, and we still want to start this new chapter together., The decision to marry her person comes after Laigns battle with breast cancer. Prayers for her full recovery and abundant strength for the entire family! Laign completed radiation therapy in July 2022 after enduring complications with chemotherapy. While she and Roberts have been together since 2005, Roberts didn't come out as a gay woman until December 2013, when she shared an end-of-year Facebook post. Her voice is so angelic," Roberts says. Robin Roberts announces plans to marry longtime girlfriend Amber Laign LGBTQNation 1/8/2023 This year, Good Morning America co-anchor Robin Roberts will marry her decades-long. Its not about you. "She had surgery last month and this morning will begin chemotherapy. The universe is a yes for whatever it is were putting out.@GabbyBernstein gives her techniques for setting your intentions for 2023. pic.twitter.com/Ct3LlRFPEn, Good Morning America (@GMA) January 2, 2023, Roberts shared the touching moment to her Instagram account, writing to her followers, Saying YES to marriage in 2023 Always a joy to chat with@gabbybernsteinshe joined us LIVE with a manifestation challenge to realize your dreams in the new year. I'm not just looking to have a wedding day. Fox says Parkinson's battle getting 'harder': 'I'm not gonna be 80', Perez Hilton: 'Boring' Meghan and Harry need to 'give up and move' back to UK, Chanel-clad Penelope Disick, North West step out in NYC with Kim, Scott ahead of Met Gala, Fans question North West's lavish pre-Met Gala gift for Kim Kardashian: 'No way', Madonna has night out with biopic star Julia Garner in unfiltered pics, Woman has 'loud and full body orgasm' during LA Philharmonic concert. Roberts, who has been with Laign since 2005, first shared that her partner had been battling breast cancer early last year. Robin Roberts Announces She's Marrying Longtime Partner The Hollywood Reporter is a part of Penske Media Corporation. They celebrated their milestone 15th anniversary in 2020, with Laign recalling on Instagram how she had met the newscaster on a blind date. Robin Roberts is sharing some personal news about her longtime partner, Amber Laign . Roberts has also busied herself with other projects, including executive-producing the upcoming Lifetime biopic about gospel legend and civil rights activist Mahalia Jackson, starring Orange Is the New Black alum Danielle Brooks. During a conversation with author and motivational speaker Gabby Bernstein about setting intentions for the new year, Roberts went public. I got a call to go to the White House, she explained. Roberts also shared with DeGeneres that her girlfriend was by Roberts' side after she was diagnosed in 2013 with myelodysplastic syndrome and underwent a successful bone marrow transplant. Robin Roberts and Amber Laign's Relationship Timeline | Glamour The reporter announced on Good Morning America on Monday that after 18 years together she and her. During an April 2014 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Roberts revealed that she and Laign met on a blind date, per People. Sitemap, Your California Privacy Rights During a segment on Mondays Good Morning America with author Gabby Bernstein about her book Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life Beyond Your Wildest Dreams, they discussed the concept of saying yes. When Bernstein asked Roberts what shes a yes for this year, Roberts hesitated before admitting the reason she hesitated is because she hasnt said it out loud yet., Im saying yes to marriage. Si vous ne souhaitez pas que nos partenaires et nousmmes utilisions des cookies et vos donnes personnelles pour ces motifs supplmentaires, cliquez sur Refuser tout. The COVID-19 pandemic has been an undeniably challenging time, but Robin Roberts has used the extra time at home as an opportunity to strengthen her relationship with longtime love Amber. Then-First Lady Michelle Obama tweeted her support: "I am so happy for you and Amber! Rumors circulated as Roberts spent more and more time away from her role on Good Morning America. The GMA host, 61, opened up about her relationship with Amber in her 2014 book, Everybodys Got Something. As Bernstein encouraged Roberts to create a wedding vision board during Mondays broadcast, the journalist began fanning herself with her note cards. We're getting married this year. She later came out publically on GMA in January 2014. How much are last-minute tickets to see Taylor Swift in Nashville? Robin Roberts Presents: Mahalia premieres Saturday at 8 p.m. 44,929, This story has been shared 20,811 times. She had surgery last month and this morning will begin chemotherapy. This is the first thing I bought when I got married. Three months later, Laign ended her radiation treatment, which was a cause for celebration. On March 14, 2023, the broadcaster gave Entertainment Tonight an update on the couples wedding plans. Blame the COVID Pandemic, Says Regina Hall, Lifetime biopic about gospel legend and civil rights activist Mahalia Jackson. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Lorsque vous utilisez nos sites et applications, nous utilisons des, authentifier les utilisateurs, appliquer des mesures de scurit, empcher les spams et les abus; et. So much around them was changing, and they wanted some things to stay the same.". "I'm a puddle every time I think about what Amber is going through. Robin Roberts announced that wedding bells are in store for her and her partner this year. "We're getting married this year. She and I have been together almost 17 years and have helped each other through our challenges, Robin said before detailing how Amber stood by her side during her battle with cancer. Robin Roberts and Amber Laign's Relationship Timeline - People Laign wrote, "15 years ago I met you for drinks on a blind date that both you and I tried to canceltwice. It was something we had talked about, but we had put it off. Proud of her and all fellow Thrivers for your grit and grace during a challenging time. "I'm hesitating because I haven't said it out loud yet I'm saying 'yes' to marriage," Roberts said. After considering the global impact of the interview, however, Roberts ultimately agreed to participate. Who could ask for anything more? The Good Morning America anchor recently announced her plans for the year, including saying yes to marrying her longtime partner, Amber Laign. Robin and Amber arent married but have been together for almost 17 years. I came back here, to the studio, in the fall," she recalls. It was a rough year, Roberts admits. Robin Roberts announces plans to marry longtime girlfriend Amber Laign Formerly Senior Editor of music content, she's also covered crime, human interest and television news throughout her many years with the brand. "I'm. "Sweet Amber," Robins captioned the clip. This time the reporter broke the internet after the journalist confirmed that she is getting married in 2023 to her longtime partner, Amber Laign. She's very, very supportive and she's been right there beside me every step of the way and it was actually the end of the year on my Facebook and I had been thanking my doctors, my nurses and my sister who was a perfect match and I said I want to say thank you." While at the brand, she's had the opportunity to interview a long list of celebrities, from Kate Hudson to Pierce Brosnan to Billy Porter. At the end of last year, Amber was diagnosed with breast cancer," the anchor revealed in a video posted to Twitter. It was kind of like a scene out of Moonstruck, she said. After nearly two decades together, Robin Roberts and Amber Laign are excited to take their relationship to the next level: On January 2, 2023, the Good Morning America host announced that she and her longtime partner were going to host a wedding later this year. "Completing radiation, a very important phase of her treatment! ", Roberts explained more about her decision to take that next step during her interview with Entertainment Tonight. The "Good Morning America" co-host hesitantly shared the exciting news that she's tying the knot with her longtime partner, Amber Laign, on. In Roberts' 2014 memoir Everybody's Got Something, per Closer Weekly, she described how she felt a deeper connection to Laign because "she had no idea who I was. Robin Roberts Reveals She's Getting Married To Longtime Partner Amber Laign Robin Roberts Says She Plans on Marrying Amber Laign in 2023 - People After nearly two decades together, Robin Roberts and Amber Laign are excited to take their relationship to the next level: On January 2, 2023, the Good Morning America host announced that. "You're not going to have the wedding. In April, Roberts opened up on The Ellen DeGeneres Show about Laign's breast cancer diagnosis. On-screen Rubenstein can be found featured on shows like Good Morning America and Entertainment Tonight and she routinely hosts PEOPLE and Entertainment Weekly's star-studded Red Carpet Live specials. Friends of Roberts and Laign, a massage therapist, set the pair up on a blind date in 2005. Your culture and entertainment cheat-sheet. A post shared by Robin Roberts (@robinrobertsgma). Roberts, 62, revealed she and Laign, 48, talked about marriage in the past but put it off once the Plant Juice Oils co-founder was diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2021. Robin Roberts Reveals That She And Amber Laign Are Planning - HuffPost Robin Roberts is getting married in 2023! Robin Roberts has been a fixture on Good Morning America since 1995 and as co-anchor since 2005, the same year that she met her girlfriend, Amber Laign. CNN Robin Roberts is taking a big step in 2023. Roberts took a leave of absence from GMA in 2012 to undergo treatment for a rare blood disorder that she contracted as a complication of the chemotherapy she received for breast cancer five years earlier. The broadcast journalist is also exceptionally grateful for the Good Morning America staff, who have kept the ABC morning show chugging along. "When you grow up and you know that youre gay especially older you think that's never going to happen. She rarely followed sports, so she never saw me on ESPN and her office mates at the time watched a different morning show." A Small Light Review: Bel Powley Shines in NatGeos Sensitive Take on the Anne Frank Story, Chris Pratt Recalls Failed Marvel Auditions Before Guardians of the Galaxy, The Kardashians Season 3 Trailer Teases Kim and Kourtney Drama, Kanye West Divorce, Tiny Beautiful Things, Mayans M.C., Accused Added to ATX TV Festival Lineup, NAACP Image Awards: Jennifer Hudson, Trevor Noah, Viola Davis Among Night Two's Non-Televised Winners, Robin Roberts Nearly Turned Down an Interview With President Obama in 2012 Amid Fears of Being Outed, Trevor Noah Producing U.S. [Amber]is my person after 18 years, and thats why when Gabby Bernstein was asking me about it at the beginning of the year, I raised my hand, she recalls. Our families are so excited [and] save-the-dates [are] going to be going out soon., The TV journalist first revealed her forthcoming wedding plans the beginning of this year by posting a clip of a conversation she had with motivational speaker and author Gabby Bernstein.