I can make smaller groups with the P365, but from a practical perspective, the gun will put the lead where you want it. A gun that bordered on being full-sized, the G3 has a 4-inch barrel and a 15+1 magazine capacity. All is not perfect in right-hand paradise, however, as the slide catch and manual safety levers are thin, basically about the size of a shaved Tic Tac, and are oriented horizontally, which forces the user to break their grip when trying to manipulate them. Privacy Policy. Ruger Security 9 Review [Great Budget 9mm]. Caleb Giddings, Marketing Manager at Taurus, introduces the all-new TaurusTX 22 Compact. Its not a tuned 1911 where everything just drips and reeks of quality. Accuracy is always challenging in a little gun. Its a compromise in both directions, but not necessarily a bad one. The magazine release is well-positioned to be easy to reach and the magazines dropped free from the grip when the release was pressed. It . The base plate is also flared along the front edge to provide a rest for the little finger. First, Travis, thanks to you for serving our country. Your grade has been successfully recorded. I love this gun as my home protection and personal carry iv put 1000 rounds through it with no issues I did upgrade the slide spring and striker guide to stainless steel and fiber optic sights to make it even more durable and for the price I am very happy with it. Rather than just a generic white box that just says PISTOL in black lettering on the top of it, the Taurus G3C has a lot of decent features that come standard from the factory. The new rifle is built on an aluminum billet chassis with carbon-fiber forend and cheek riser featuring V-block bedding. (Taurus Optic Ready Option) and the compact G3c T.O.R.O. The two-piece, dual spring recoil assembly uses all-steel supports instead of a mix of steel and polymer, like some models. While the PT-111 and G2 series used nylon guide rods which imparted a degree of flex to the pistol, Taurus smartened up and supplied the G3 series with a steel guide rod and spring assembly in addition to a more ergonomic frame and redesigned trigger. Rather than just being applied to the surface, such treatments are extremely durable even under the toughest conditions. Furthermore, the G3c enters the market at a price . We tested a first-generation PT-111 Millennium about 15 years ago when they were first introduced and it shot horribly, felt gritty when the slide was racked, had a long, creepy trigger with an unexpected breakpoint; and proved to be only marginally reliable, jamming at least once per box of ammo in range sessions. But Taurus insisted on one-upping themselves by giving the slide a Tenifer finish, weatherproofing the controls and configuring the sight system to accept readily available Glock-type upgrades.The factory trigger feels like an upgrade as well, thanks to its light take-up and short reset. At just 22 ounces unloaded, it's not going to be a pain to carry all day, every day. The single-action travel is just as long as the double-action trigger. Taurus details that its 9mm semi-auto pistols are cleared to fire SAAMI-rated Plus P (+P) as well as factory ammo. I use this method because the safety is somewhat cheesy. The 3Gc is more akin in size to the new FN 503or the legacyWalther PPKand Star BM, although it should be pointed out that all three of those are single-stacks. Familiar with the G2c? I cant stand a hanging pinky, so the G3Cs larger grip is quite comfortable and does provide me a full-handed grip on the gun. In a defensive situation, we may be wearing gloves or our hands may be wet or cold. Both frames are the same except for the duplication of the serial number that not only appears under the dustcover as it did on the G2c, but can also be seen through a slot above the trigger on the left side of the G3c frame. Here is when we should say that, over the course of testing, we never had to use the restrike capability. The good news for the other 90 percent is that in our testing we found the mag release easy to reach, even for those with small hands, and well-textured, which aids in dropping the mag when the grip or users hands are sweaty or wet. Your email address will not be published. Besides the standard factory-installed front sight, Taurus sells replacements in three different heights (small, low, and high) as well as an AmeriGlo Tritium night sight. The "C," for "compact" denotes this model is shorter in both length and height than the standard G3. With those upgrades and a advised retail fee of $306, the G3c is nicely-placed to compete with famous concealed convey 9 mm Luger pistols that fee more even as . 3. In total, the first-strike trigger pull averaged just 5 pounds, 15 ounces with zero overtravel. Meet the all-new Taurus Judge Executive Grade, a revolver featuring a hand-polished satin finish, presentation-grade wood grips, a brass rod front sight and an exceptional hand-tuned trigger. When it comes to the durability of the surface controls Taurus has coated them in Teflon for that products reputation as being both corrosion-resistant and able to reduce friction. One feature hyped a lot by Taurus is the guns restrike capability which would theoretically allow the pistol a second chance to hit the primer of a round that did not ignite the first time. The 12-round mags are the same mags used in the Taurus G2 series. From a practical perspective, I do like this trigger, and it does offer something different than 99% of the striker-fired guns on the market. However,I do not agree with most reviewer about the larger flatterer safetbar Ilike the older narrow one , it doesnt pinch my finger also I like the new sights. According to the owner's manual, the G3c is safe to fire with SAAMI rated +P ammunition. Last year was a successful product year for Taurus USA. Single action striker-fired with restrike capability, 12+1 or 10+1 rounds with flush-fit magazines / optional 15- and 17-round extended mags, (with an empty 12-round magazine) 21.87 ounces, Serrated drift adjustable rear / fixed front / Glock pattern, Firing pin block / Trigger safety / Manual safety / Loaded chamber indicator, Taurus G3C features highlighting the loaded chamber indicator and manual safety, Taurus G3C Taurus Optic Ready Option (T.O.R.O.) So, as you can see in this Taurus GC3 review, I think this is a excellent pistol for the price. In the end, I bought this one from Taurus rather than send it back. That's when this kind of texturing is most useful.The grip's back strap extends down behind the base plate of the blued steel, double-stack magazine. The slide and frame were both well-made and free of machine or mold marks. Its great for quickly spotting when a mag goes dry. The safety almost feels like an afterthought, like the safety on an imported Tokarev. If youre interested in picking up a Taurus G3C, be sure to check out these resources to make the most of your experience. On my honest opinion you cant go wrong with this gun. This overtravel stop prevents the trigger from feeling squishy beyond the break point. Remove the recoil assembly and barrel from the interior of the slide and the pistol is ready to clean. When concentrating in two-handed slow-fire at 15 yards, we were able to keep a magazine load inside a ragged baseball-sized group. There is no need to break your firing grip to use the safety lever. The Taurus G3c is a legit choice for an affordably-priced pistol. For the You. While not a competition model by any stretch of the imagination, it is predictable, hitting a wall and breaking at just under 5-pounds of pressure. over the standard model is about $110 more, making it very attractive. With external dimensions comparable to those of the Glock G26, it's easy to find suitable holsters for comfortable concealment, like the DeSantis Inner Piece 2.0 inside-the-waistband holster.The carbon-steel slide is treated with a Tenifer finish, which has a proven history of scratch, wear and corrosion resistance. The G3C is not a compact handgun variant of the G3 but the successor to the very popular G2C handgun. In my experience, the opposite is true. Speaking of replacement, the G3 series uses standard Glock-spec dovetails and front post sizes so just about any Glock aftermarket sights can be used. The G3C is an excellent value at under 300 bucks brand new. Top 10 Ammo for a Taurus G2C Reviews. 13 min. The front serrations are rather short, but the serrations are deep and easy to grip. As a matter of fact, the G3 and G3c are now two of Taurus' top sellers. Euro Optic | Grab A Gun | Primary Arms | PSA | Brownells | Guns.com. The Taurus G3C retains an effective trigger system thats been around since the old 24/7. Steinel Ammunitions Subsonic Carry line includes a 124-gr. The top of the slide on the G3c is flat and unmarked landscape, but at the front and rear are metal sights. With a retail price of $271 for an all-black model, Ive seen these guns under the glass counter tagged $179.99. I think its sales success could have as much to do with its performance-to-price ratio than anything, but one could argue that you can search the interwebs and find the G2c benefited from mostly positive consumer reviews, too. However, the frame-mounted slide catch and manual safety lever are not swappable, so lefties must learn to cope with those. One of my uncles was a Marine, and landing on Gaudacanal during WWII. However, it provides plenty of purchase for less-than-ideal circumstances. The street price seems to be hovering around $259.99. So, for those of you out there with a lot more experience with this type of firearm, or shooting 9mm ammo in particular, what would your recommendations be for the best ammunition for a G3C, or any sub-compact pistol, and is +P too much ammo for this gun. Just behind the rail are left and right side indentations (Taurus calls them Memory Pads) that act as touch points for the tip of the trigger finger when resting against the frame. (Hey, just an opinion!) Due to its subcompact size, the Taurus G3C is intended for use as a carry gun. Like the slide, these controls now have an upgraded finish. What am I missi. The gun is nearly a decade . Springfield Armory Hellcat Review [2023]: Worth it or no? The G3C includes three magazines, metal sights, and both Glock and SIG compatibility. This pistol's ignition system also provides second strike capability. Can you put anything else on this gun I have one now wont to change it up if I can. However, it notes that such hot loads generate pressures more than those seen with standard ammo. It made testing the gun rather slow and uncomfortable. Item Number 1-G3C939. The face of the trigger is grooved and flattened with a wide integrated safety lever. With 30 years of service as Taurus financial officer, David Blenker recently retired as Taurus Holdings president and CEO after just two years in that role. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. model comes with a factory-installed slide cover as well as four different adapter plates and three screw types that allow the user to mount a compatible MRD directly on the slide. With its 12+1 magazine capacity, should the user elect to carry a reload magazine with them as well, the Taurus provides 25 rounds of 9mm at hand in a package that weighs in the neighborhood of two pounds. This Taurus G3c review aims to answer just that question. The grip module has a series of fairly grippy texture pads for your palm and indents for your thumbs, left and right. Truthfully, I wish the majority of the G3c frame was covered in this texture rather than with shapes that make me think of a lava lamp. It just plain ate everything we put through it. My first Taurus. It could be described as a DA/SA gun, but that doesnt adequately describe it. With the trigger safety lever drawn flush to the trigger shoe, the trigger takes on a flat shape that gives it a direct feel. The touch points of the G3 grip are smooth, with the exception of six 1.50" tall, molded in textured panels to provide added purchase on all four sides.The texturing of these panels is aggressive, with rough-grit feel comparable to skateboard tape or sand paper, but its isolated to those points along the shooting hand palm and fingers where added control is most useful. The Taurus G3c features a contoured palm swell, highly textured grip panels, memory pads for precise and repeatable finger/hand placement, as well as a sculpted, extended magazine base plate. When it came to functionality and reliability, the Taurus ran. Get discounts from top brands and our latest reviews! The Taurus G3C has right-hand-sided Teflon-coated surface controls to include a functional frame-mounted manual safety lever, whether you want it or not. Unlike most polymer-framed pistol makers (Glock for example), Taurus ships its G3 line with steel front and rear sights rather than easy-to-damage plastic sights. The main surface controls of the Taurus G3C slide stop lever, magazine release, and the manual safety lever are ideal to accommodate about 90 percent of the population, that is to say, they are oriented to the strong-hand use of right-handed shooters. It is bad practice to load a round into a chamber and then re-assemble a firearm. It makes racking the gun easy enough. I acquired this gun through a gun raffle. Well, if you decide to get the Taurus G3C, youre going to need to pick up some must-have basics. When shooting fast, the trigger isnt noticeable. Small 9 mm pistols like this one can produce snappy levels of felt recoil depending on the loads selected. Is it worth the money? The pistol's serial number can be found in no less than four locations. This means the pistol will fire if the trigger is pulled with the magazine removed.Breaking down the G3c for routine cleaning follows a similar set of steps as other striker-fired pistols.Start by removing the magazine, opening the action and verifying that the pistol is completely unloaded, and then closing the action. Just drop the mag, make sure the chamber is empty, lock the slide back, pull the disassembly latch down, release the slide and pull the trigger. Formal bench rested accuracy testing was conducted at 15 yards by firing five 5-shot groups using the pistols factory installed iron sights. The G2c remains one of the top-selling compact handguns in the U.S., which Taurus credits to its ergonomics, performance and affordability. When it was first introduced, the G3C shipped with a manual thumb safety. I have fired more than 1300 rounds without any failures. Hes going to see if they will let him just send in the barrel so hes not without the pistol for two to three months. This pistol's internal and external safeties include a manual safety lever, the trigger safety and a firing pin block. The Taurus G3C fits into an odd category of concealed carry guns size-wise. With a high grip, I get a nasty slide bite. It drew and pointed naturally and felt good in the hand when coming up. Travis is a former United States Marine Corps Infantryman and currently a firearms writer, instructor, and works in Emergency Management. The result is a trigger that feels tuned instead of factory installed with a short reset that aids in quick follow-up shots. While gun is disassembled simply load a round in the barrel, reassemble as usual, only do not fully rack the slide. Dealer Locator. For those who want to take shots at this pistols performance, well, you can, it is what it is. Shop Accessories. A viewer commented that his Taurus G3c wouldn't feed hollow-point ammo, so we had to test a number of different types of defense ammo in our G3c. We use email to verify the accuracy of our reviews. Filter products to compare by specs and price. 1. I do feel a shorter overall pull would still be better, but a short reset helps. If youre already a fan of the new G3 trigger, be sure to try out the improved trigger on the G3c. I carry this gun this gun with confidence. The grip module has a series of fairly. Some have a mushy, indistinct feel. This gun also fills the niche of home defense and glove box gun for many users. Thats the blessing. The single-action trigger with a Glock-style trigger insert, has a restrike or second-strike capability, depending on how you want to describe it. Taurus seems to be reinventing itself, and Im excited to see what the 300 employees at the new Georgia plant do next in offering guns that they know Americans wants. However, this compact semi-auto pistol is a great gun that brings a lot to the table in terms of feature set, rugged durability, and, yes, dependability, and it deserves a second look from anyone looking for a good subcompact that will deliver as a self-defense handgun or concealed carry pistol and wont break the bank. The company didn't settle for just making the pistol smaller; it incorporated improvements to the slide, sights and controls. with a best group of 3.39" and a group average of 3.47". After the round fires, the striker resets. jacketed hollow point round is designed for short barrel defensive pistols. Your email address will not be published. This means that, should the firing pin strike a hard cartridge primer, the trigger can be pulled a second time to strike it again. Buy Now: The new Taurus G3c builds on the proven foundation that has made the compact G-series among the most popular personal defense/EDC handguns ever while advancing function, reliability, and durability to the next level. New and certified used handguns, shotguns, rifles. I now own four Taurus handguns and have been very pleased with all. Controls can be manipulated without changing your grip and accuracy is there for the expected closer-range self-defense scenario. 2. Bullet velocity was measured for 10 rounds fired next to a LabRadar chronograph. This is about an inch shorter. At the front of the slide, three forward-rake serrations have been added for those who like to chamber check by pulling at the front of the slide. Onnais Portable Gun Safe Review: Real World Testing! Although ideal for use outside the home, the G3C is also very accurate for its size, especially at ranges under 15 yards, making it ready to stand in for home defense as well. However, I love the feel of its rough, gritty texture. The Taurus G3C is not flashy, and the company previously earned a spotty reputation for having less than optimal semi-auto pistols, which stacks the cards against the gun in the eyes of many potential users. These will allow the use of Docter Noblex, Vortex Venom, Burris Fastfire, Sightmark Mini, Trijicon RMR, Holosun HS407C, C-More STS2, and Leupold Delta Point series red dots. 2023 Gun University, All Rights Reserved. Given the growing penchant for shooters to include micro red dots on their semi-autos, Taurus brings the G3 series pistols into the optic arena for 2021 with the release of the full-size G3 T.O.R.O. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. Those in capacity-restricted states have to make do with 10-round mags while the longer 15- and 17-round mags intended for use with the larger G3 model will fit in the compact but extend past the magwell. Call (866) 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. This provides for a better grip on the base plate should the magazine need to be manually stripped out of the grip due to fouling or other malfunction. Due to its subcompact size, the Taurus G3C is intended for use as a carry gun. Another useful yet understated aspect of the pistol are memory pads near the trigger guard to give the user a tactile spot to rest both the thumb of the off-hand and the trigger finger of the strong hand when indexed outside of the trigger well. CCI - Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo. Get gun deals, educational content and updates on law changes daily! Taurus was just like, bam, here it is. I do think the gun offers quite a bit of value for the price. This model does not have a magazine safety. American Firearms was established by firearm fans for firearm fans as a modern-day take on all things that go BOOM. I really like the size and capacity. Remington - Umc Ammo 9mm Luger 115gr FM. Best CCW Guns; Best 9mm Guns; Best 10mm Guns; Best 1911 Pistols; . In short, the G3c offers an improved trigger with wider trigger safety lever; better sights; forward slide serrations; and scallops on the magazine extension and at the bottom of the grip frame. Interestingly, the best trigger pull was always the first full stroke. At the top of the grip, on both sides, are ridged depressions that act as thumb rests. I read many reviews on the G3c before I bought mine. is whether itll stand up to a pounding long term. 4. Check out our professional guides to help you learn more. While most southpaws are used to having to train to manipulate a right-hand-oriented gun, the G3 series magazine release button is at least swappable to the left-hand side of the grip to help those who need it. Although the G3c's frame is shorter, the company was careful to preserve the positive grip characteristics of the larger version. Taurus went out of its way with the G3 grip frame to make sure it would be a comfortable fit for a variety of hand shapes. We took a new gun, stripped it down right out of the box to verify everything was there, then reassembled and function-checked it without adding any lube to what it had when it shipped from the factory. So, if youre interested in seeing what beat this Taurus G3C review in budget, or if you are looking for a better option or upgrade in the 9mm department, then check out the best 9mm pistol article here: https://gununiversity.com/best-9mm-pistols/. A round I can honestly say I have no experience with, but I am honestly worried this is too much ammo for the gun. Going into the ergonomics of the G3C, it has a series of texture pads on the grip that are aggressive and stick to the hand well, even when wet. But not all striker triggers are created equal. The style of the front serrations complement the ones at the rear. Success Your Grade Has Been Added To Our Readers Score. I shed blood due to the slide bite, and while I have big hands, thats still an issue. Winchester Silvertip, no problems at all. Keep it up! This wider safety lever makes a helluva difference in the tactile feel experienced when drawing it to the rear as compared to the thin bladed safety lever that exist on the G2c. If youre among those who already own a G3, the G3c will accepts those 15- and 17-round Mec-Gar magazines. The only true ambi control on the pistol is the take-down lever, located on both sides of the frame. Don't drink too much of the Taurus-hater kool-aide because it is tough to find a gun with the same price point that brings what the G3C does to the table. This feature is not available on many striker-fired pistols.Some striker fired pistols suffer from bulky or blocky feeling grips. I have not had much opportunity to shoot mine. I like this gun so much, I bought two. The kidney and lung-shaped textured areas on the G3c frame date the aesthetics, in my opinion, as theyve appeared on this platforms frame since the PT111 G2. Who doesnt like more ammunition? Even out to 25 yards, I can place rounds consistently into the chest of a bad guy. The slide bite isnt a con for the gun, its a con for the user. The Taurus G3c compared with the classic Walther PPK/s, the go-to Glock 19, the new FN 503, and a popular $250~ surplus 9mm the Star BM. It has a light 2-lb. The G3C also gives users an upgraded experience over the older G2C. The TaurusTX 22 Compact delivers class-leading reliability, capacity, and shootability in a 22 LR platform, and it's cut for a slide-mounted mini red dot. Be advised you will need a sight replacement tool for the front and it is a good idea to have a sight pusher to replace the rear. Using the gun right out of the box, with no added lube and only a pre-shoot field strip to check function, we put 1,000 rounds through it ranging from 115-grains through 147-grains, from a series of seven different manufacturers. Catering to the concealed carry market-- now at least 20 million strong in the U.S.-- the 9mm G3 comes across its name honestly, as it is the companys third-generation of polymer-framed handguns, following in the wake of the G2 and PT111 Millennium Pro, pistols that stretch back over a decade. The G3c performed without a malfunction while shooting across multiple days among seven evaluators, including four active law enforcement officers. The Taurus G3C fits in a funny category when it comes to size and capacity. I just bought a g3c .what do you recomend for bulk target ammo ? New owner of the Taurus G3C. Both for my gun and myself. Then you can push the slide from the frame and remove the barrel and recoil assembly for cleaning. The Best of both worlds: After nearly 4 years of waiting, Dan Wesson's DWX is here. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. The gun is easy to hang onto, and recoil is far from punishing. So whats next? In all, we had no stoppages, be they stovepipes, failure to feed, to extract, or to eject. This is value-added compared to a lot of companies that only cough up one or two mags. The G3c is a further refined G2c costing about $35 more. I suspect it is far better than my initial shooting results. Speaking of clean, I did not clean the gun and allowed it to get nice and filthy throughout my testing. A friend just bought one of these at Academy to replace a PT709 Slim as a carry piece. Once we cleared the jam with an emergency action drill, the pistol went right back into battery. A place for responsible gun owners and enthusiasts to talk about guns without the politics.