Trying to decide whether to give up and return, install as in and hope it gets better OR buy a DIY cloth-covered cord such as this and have it switched out. Youre viewing our company website where you can explore our latest workplace insights, get inspiration for your projects, download 3D models, and learn about our rich history. WebGet product literature, specifications, and other information for our Nelson Bubble Lamps, designed by George Nelson. 0000001980 00000 n Fannie. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Now it's time to install your Nelson Bubble pendant! I scrubbed the outside of the shade three times and then used a Mr. Clean eraser for the areas still not cleaned with dish soap alone. Thank you for scheduling your appointment. Barely perceptible when not lit glaringly obvious when lit. 0000042445 00000 n The cord looks to be vinyl-wrapped. I just repaired a slight tear in a bubble lamp very successfully. I VERY CAREFULLY put gorilla glue in the tear with a toothpick, adding a tiny bit of water as is required with that glue. After the glue foamed I used a straight pin to press carefully on the surface and recreated the texture of the shade, then let it dry. STEP 5: Cut and strip the other end of your cloth covered wire. Thanks! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Samzim Pendant Light, Denmark Repair consisted of a tissue-like material glued to hole, from inside. Browse our online store to support all of your work and home needs. I think the shade was previously hung in a room where lots of cigarettes were smoked and perhaps near a kitchen (the grease trapping the smoke primarily on the top of the shade and especially at the transition between top and bottom). Lots of advice Were sorry, this option is not available based on your previous selections. 0000008498 00000 n Even though im in Argentina and theres no gorilla glue in here, Im now searching in the market wich kind of glue is similar to that so I can repair one of my Nelson bubble lamps! Browse our online store to support all of your work and home needs. Shade is made from a taut White plastic coating over a steel wire frame with canopy and accent finish in Brushed Nickel. The perfectly rounded shape of the Nelson Ball CrissCross Bubble Pendant has an interesting contour due to the bisecting pattern in its understructure. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. WebNelson Cigar Bubble Pendant $395.00 - $1,295.00 View Full Details Free Shipping Size Cord Length Item Number: 712 Select Styles for Availability Quantity Add to Cart Gallery Details Summary This special fixture is designed to hold three Nelson Bubble Lamps that are 19 inches in diameter or smaller. {~/^!r^:Mcw?YecjpQ,k^AGWW6 B-L~,5|qM/_j 0000053593 00000 n endstream endobj 452 0 obj <>stream Youre viewing our company website where you can explore our latest workplace insights, get inspiration for your projects, download 3D models, and learn about our rich history. STEP 2: Thread the 1/8 and 1/4 IPS nipples onto the porcelain socket cap Kt"VLac"?8!~N\$,2DG*oO|H||L|$} Cleaning a George Nelson Bubble Lamp. Because theyre made of a polymer, and not of paper, you can use a lightly damp cloth and mild soap to clean them, but weve found that those static cling sheets used for Kao Magic Mops (Swiffer sheets for US readers) do a fantastic job. If you cant get your hands on those, STEP 4:Feed the other end of the cloth cord through the shade and get the top of the porcelain socket to sit flush with the top of the shade. Well,it's in an entry surrounded by rooms all around /* ----------------------------------------- */ +2 colors/patterns. Use code HM5OFF at checkout for an additional 5% off Herman Miller | SHOP NOW. They are quite strong but tears are common. 0000040302 00000 n Also, just digging around the 'Net, I found these comments about the lamp: "the web material is extremely high in VOCs. Bulb (not included): LED, CFL or incandescent; E26 base; 60W max for small, 150W max for others. Youre currently on Herman Millers online store website perfect for shopping for your home and office. 0000011380 00000 n Thus, the first "Nelson ball light" was born. 0000022784 00000 n 0000051053 00000 n Receive free catalogs showcasing the best in modern design. 0000043247 00000 n The shade starts off in a liquid state and the compounds used dissipate as the shade dries, which can cause a slight odor. 0000011545 00000 n 2801 Larkspur Landing Circle. We bought a George Nelson Bubble Lamp from Design Within Reach last month to go over our dining table and were amazed when we opened the box, not in a good way. I knew I needed a transparent backing material as the hole was too large to just fill in with Gorilla Glue as described in a previous post from Cathy, on this forum. Thread the reducer coupler and male barrel cord grip together and slide it over the cord with the cord grip facing the exposed conductor wires. 1210 Howell Mill Road, Westfield UTC, Bulb (not included): LED, CFL, or incandescent; E26 base; 60W max for small, 150W max for others. Product Models. PDF featuring a product sheet for each Nelson Bubble Lamp, Nelson Saucer CrissCross Bubble PendantSmall, Nelson Saucer Crisscross Bubble PendantMedium, Nelson Angled Sphere Bubble PendantLarge, Nelson Angled Sphere Bubble PendantMedium, Nelson Angled Sphere Bubble PendantSmall, Nelson Cigar CrissCross Bubble PendantMedium, Nelson Cigar CrissCross Bubble PendantSmall, Nelson Pear CrissCross Bubble PendantMedium, Nelson Pear CrissCross Bubble PendantSmall, Nelson Ball CrissCross Bubble PendantMedium, Nelson Ball CrissCross Bubble PendantSmall, Price Book: HermanMiller Collection 10-Day or Less. You will receive an email confirmation shortly where you cancel or reschedule your appointment. Copyright 2019 Design Addict. Translucent plastic polymer shade with visible steel infrastructure. WebHerman Miller reproduces the George Nelson Bubble lamps to exact specifications using original Howard Miller factory tooling. Sign up for Herman Miller Professional, our small business program. 0000050696 00000 n Make sure the three prongs of the top line up with the three prongs of the bottom (I confirmed this with my new Herman Miller pendant). WebNelson Saucer Bubble Pendant Herman Miller Store Lighting Ceiling Lights & Pendants View Gallery ( 7 ) Item No. Learn more 1 Size Medium 2 Cord Length 10ft Quantity In Stock Add to Cart Save to 0000044642 00000 n startxref I was fortunate that the tear was right beside a rib, so it was easy and does not even show when the light is on. Just got one cheap,but it has old dust,etc.Aside from the small damage,real nice! (LogOut/ I did save the original Modernica canopy parts for installing in the future. 0000015027 00000 n Organic shape. Browse our online store to support all of your work and home needs. WebIn charming spherical silhouettes, the Nelson Bubble Lamps add a touch of softness and luminosity to interiors. /* ----------------------------------------- */ I then dried off surface water that was still on the outside of the shade. 2. Thread the 1/8 and 1/4 IPS nipples onto the porcelain socket cap and tighten down the set screw. Slide the socket top and insulation on to the c 3. Wire your porcelain socket by loosening the terminal screws and hooking the conductor wires underneath and tightening back down. The black posit This option is not currently available based on your selections. YOU DID IT! Sob! STEP 4:Push all wires up in to junction box and secure your ceiling canopy to the mounting plate with the provided canopy screws. ", "Ive had the Cigar Nelson lamp from Modernica for 4 years now, I love everything about it except its smells like plastic. H\@w+0YKJ>Gq R}(k# O!4v)KOS8v};66)EWos,:?^ http://blueantstudio.blogspot.com/2010/09/making-of-bubble-lamp.html, Industrial Iron Cabinet with Mesh Doors on Wheels, 1960s, Vintage angleshaped teak shelf Sweden 1950s, Danish vintage pendant lamp PH 4/3 by Poul Henningsen, Louis Poulsen, Denmark, 1966, Saporiti Italia Onda suede lounge chair by Giovanni Offredi, Original Lighting. i don't think they dip the metal wires H\n E|,EYjF0Nj0Y;@JE2sk ~jeFme90US[5 A6OjpSmw7kpB!#m*k\-ByF =tVapWtYL]h-FyFtdvw$L'4xgSY8BhD@+ $u!m,gj5R7Rhq#@I+M%&bu,\7b$e Jo7K4yxu8Sm%4q8SQn8T9Tzio4+o/F&x Be the first to know about DWR special offers, new product launches and Studio events. NorthPark Center, I VERY CAREFULLY put gorilla glue in the tear with a toothpick, adding a tiny bit of water as is required with that glue. Thesemassively popular lamps are a great Mid Century Modern Design addition to your home, and upgrading the original components with Color Cord Company DIY Lamp Parts offers a freshadditionto a vintage look. Feed the other end of the cloth cord through the shade and get the top of the porcelain socket to sit flush with the top of the shade. The shade is now a tanned leather colour. I took the metal rings off at the top and bottom before cleaning so water didnt get trapped under the rings and also to preserve the Modernica stickers. WebSTEP 1: Cut and strip your cloth covered wire using your Color Cord 3000 or other wire stripping tool. 0000003839 00000 n I have a new Herman Miller Nelson Saucer Crisscross Bubble Pendant and the cord grip on the top is white and similar in style to the Color Cord parts. will arc fault breakers often trip when using a vacuum cleaner. i called modernica and they said they do not have the foggest idea how to repair them . Web"The shades on Nelson Bubble Lamps are created by a spherical frame with perforated rings that are inserted with steel wires, a construction that retains its shape under tension. but I guess I can turn it to be least viewed from a bedroom.Thanks for all your suggestions.Surprised that in this age of restoration,there is no sure-fire fix. Not satisfied with your purchase? Thank you Cathy! The tear will face a wall, but I'd like to try and prevent any further deterioration. @wsea, correction: I was 100% WRONG! If you have it, please dont throw the original canopy away as the Color Cord canopy is boxy and not sloped to match the originals made by Modernica and Herman Miller. Designed by George Nelson in 1947, the Bubble Lamp transcends both time and trends, maintaining a classic and "must have" light in both pendant and table top categories. 0000003295 00000 n The bubble lamps metal ribs are visible through the translucent shades, creating striking patterns. Ethereal, flexible, and easy-to-clean polymer-sculpted shades, available in a variety of shapes and sizes, appear to float as they cast soft light throughout your space. 436 58 0000039830 00000 n endstream endobj 449 0 obj <> endobj 450 0 obj <> endobj 451 0 obj <>stream WebNelson Lamp Collection Glow Up An assortment of lights in spherical silhouettes, Nelson Bubble Lamps softly illuminate interiors. It's the Herman Miller reproduction of the original 1947 George Nelson Bubble Lamp, something my husband and I have wanted for 30+ years (before Midcentury Modern became a big trend). Your nose knows better than my nose! 3.) Kajsa & Nils Strinning For String 1960 Sweden, Tutankhamun lamp, Ahura porcelain, black & gold, 1970`s ca, Italian, Vintage Danish sewing table, teak wood, 60s. Black to Black Positive, White to White Negative and Green Ground toBare Copper Ground. Possessing one of the most inventive minds of the 20th century, George Nelson was the rare person who can envision what isnt there yet. Have done the same on a Majestic Z lamp after it was suggested by Moonlight Lampshades. If you have a newer shade with a hole (or are able to whiten your older shade using Clorox Precision Pour Bleach Gel as @littrelld did) then this repair will match. 0000047212 00000 n 0000042942 00000 n Thanks to all the DA "regulars" that have given their time and knowledge (and often humor)! 0000012096 00000 n 2023 Design Within Reach. These areas were primarily at the far edges of the lamp where the top transitions to the bottom. BTW, here's the info I received from Herman Miller company: "The shades on Nelson Bubble Lamps are created by a spherical frame with perforated rings that are inserted with steel wires, a construction that retains its shape under tension. The Nelson Bubble Lamps are an assortment of lamps in various spherical silhouettes that emit an even quality of light. The wide shape of the Nelson Saucer Bubble Pendant, along with the gently flowing lines of its steel understructure bring a lovely shape and soft light into any interior. Make sure the three prongs of the top line up with the three prongs of the bottom (I confirmed this with my new Herman Miller pendant). Bulb (not included): LED, CFL or incandescent; E26 base; 60W max for small, 150W max for others. Nice choice! Herman Miller Nelson Saucer Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Saucer Crisscross Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Ball Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Cigar Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Cigar Lotus Floor Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Propeller Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Ball Crisscross Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Pear Crisscross Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Cigar Lotus Table Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Apple Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Cigar Tripod Table Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Cigar Crisscross Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Pear Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Saucer Wall Sconce, Herman Miller Nelson Triple Bubble Lamp Fixture, Herman Miller Nelson Ball Lotus Table Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Pear Lotus Floor Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Pear Lotus Table Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Pear Tripod Table Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Lantern Tripod Table Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Bell Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Ball Tripod Table Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Lantern Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Orbit Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Angled Sphere Bubble Pendant Lamp, Herman Miller Nelson Roll Bubble Pendant Lamp, CLEARANCE Herman Miller Nelson Cigar Bubble Pendant Lamp - 21 Inch. I could have tested the yellow/brown Gorilla glue to see how yellow it would have been or perhaps tested mixes of the white and brown Gorilla Glues in varying proportions (before adding water) to find a closer match to my shade. Youre viewing our company website where you can explore our latest workplace insights, get inspiration for your projects, download 3D models, and learn about our rich history. The Nelson Bubble Lamps are an assortment of lamps in various spherical silhouettes that emit an even quality of light. Did you getyour hands onan ever-so sought after Nelson Bubble Lamp? JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. 6. The last step is to feed the stripped end of your cloth covered wire through the canopy cord grip and tighten down the set screw once you've det 1210 Howell Mill Road, Westfield UTC, 0000018707 00000 n Not long ago, I noticed how dusty and dingy my bubble was looking, so (throwing caution to the wind) I unwired the socket, and gave the bubble shade a bath-- wet sponge with mild detergent rinsed with water under a faucet dabbed excess water with terrycloth towel allowed it to dry completely before reinstalling the socket & wire.