There is a bit of an age gap, and Mark and I didnt really connect until I was in college. The data gathered will only be used for official Roper & Sons correspondence. God Bless you Winnie, and your family. He served on the Committee on the Arts, John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. George Edward Roseberry - Roper and Sons Back to Obituaries Obituary George Edward Roseberry September 26, 1942 - April 25, 2023 Send flowers Share a memory Print obituary George Edward Roseberry, 80, of Lincoln passed away April 25, 2023. Filter by: MOST RECENT OBITUARIES. Click or drag a file to this area to upload. George served in the U. S. Navy where he received the Good Conduct Medal. He will sincerely be missed by many. Ron was a good friend, an advisor, and an especially good storyteller, a talent I admired and emulated over time. Meanwhile we stayed in touch with each other via email and phone. He was a Nebraska, even a national treasure for his broad contributions to education and the arts. Click or drag a file to this area to upload. Preceded in death by his parents, brothers Harry and Bill Roseberry. I met Ron in the 1970s when I was helping to build the Iowa Educational TV Network. notifications about Roper & Sons Obituaries. The thought of death or talking about your own funeral may be uncomfortable. Steve Robbins St Petersburg, FL. He was always supportive of work at UNL that supplied dedicated young broadcast graduates. Ron married Naomi K. Hull in 1953 at the United Methodist Church in Highmore, South Dakota. He was wonderful to have a conversation with.. Lincoln, Nebraska My heart goes out to you Martha, Rick and Laura. Clark enjoyed working with his hands creating leatherworks, and charcoal drawings. Ravnan?! I am so sorry to hear about his passing. https://www.roperandsons.com/obit/john-c-mcquinn-ii/. Linda and I are better people by knowing Ron and we will miss him dearly. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more. And his humor! In 1999, he was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to teach International Broadcasting in Taipei, Taiwan. The data gathered will only be used for official Roper & Sons correspondence. His brother-in-law, Phillip Kaye, officiated. Upcoming services provided by Roper and Sons - Central Lincoln. Ron is survived by his three sons, Kevin (Becky) Hull, Ocala, FL, Brian Hull, Lincoln, Brandon (Linda) Denver, and daughter, Kathryn Hull, Lincoln. Private Memorial Service: Roper and Sons Midtown Chapel. But if you hope to influence various aspects of your funeral or memorial service, we encourage you to plan in advance. We understand that grieving doesnt end after the service. The data gathered will only be used for official Roper & Sons correspondence. We respect your privacy. My husband and Ron hit if off later down the road. Ron was an incurable optimist and brought out the best in others. Family members include: daughters, Cindy DeRyke; Leslie (Ted) Bliss; and Barbara (Ron) Born; son-in-law, Keith Kohel, all of Lincoln, NE. My friend.rest in Peace! The loss of a loved one is an emotional and stressful time. We are sorry for your loss. For more information see ourprivacy policy. We encourage you to contact the funeral home to verify time and location before attending services or visitation. Went to Lincoln High with Mark. I pray that your tears of sadness become tears of joy in remembering his legacy. https://www.roperandsons.com/obit/ron-e-hull/. You can trust that we will be by your side every step of the way. The loss of a loved one is an emotional and stressful time. Mark was a good man and I am glad to have known him. . In 1979, he was awarded a Presidential Commission by President Jimmy Carter. Winnie and familyso sorry for your loss of George. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I also knew Ron as a friend. Mark William Grell - Roper and Sons Back to Obituaries Obituary Mark William Grell April 21, 1956 - January 3, 2022 Send flowers Mark William Grell, 65, lifelong resident of Lincoln passed away January 3, 2022. We respect your privacy. Create a funeral plan and price estimate in less than 5 minutes. Clark is survived by his wife Barbara, son David (Rhonda) of Lincoln; brother Gary (Carolyn) Mattingly, of CA; grandchildren Corbin (Melissa) Horse of Timnath, CO, Ciera (Phillip III) Butler of Lenexa, KS, Dr. Tateum Mattingly of Mission, KS, Olivia Mattingly of Lincoln, and Nolan Mattingly of Omaha; 4 great grandchildren. Everything he touched.improved! As a kid, it was awesome to talk to my Nebraska family over the airwaves. From the start, I could see clearly his heart for people, and his intelligence, which he never lorded over others. Please accept my condolences and know that my heart is with you. Despite his very full schedule, he agreed and, ably assisted by the Vice Chairman, Larry Ruth, they creatively led a very broadly supported lengthy celebration in 2003-04, that was capped by a multi-day celebration at Historic Ft. Atkinson, the site of L&Cs Council Bluffs. Once Mark was your friend he was always there for you. Ron became a dear friend, and I considered him an esteemed mentor as I called on him many times for trusted perspective. We are sorry for the loss of Ron. Love ya brother! Your Georgia family loves you and will see you in Heaven. https://www.roperandsons.com/obit/clark-h-mattingly/. Roper And Sons - Central Lincoln Obituaries & Services In Lincoln, Ne Home Funeral Homes Nebraska Lincoln Roper and Sons - Central Lincoln Roper and Sons - Lincoln Send. in Speech and Drama from Dakota Wesleyan, and acquired a Master of Science in Television from Syracuse University. Great-grandchildren, Landon Bliss, Bryson Rieker, Veronica Born, Owen Kohel, and Mason Kohel, all of Lincoln, NE. My condolences go out to the family and friends of Mark. It was always a pleasure to visit with him, share a story or two and enjoy a friendly moment that always brightened my day. But if you hope to influence various aspects of your funeral or memorial service, we encourage you to plan in advance. My sincere sympathy to the entire Grell family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My time working at Southview was so, so special and I will always cherish my memories of George. notifications about Roper & Sons Obituaries. For more information see ourprivacy policy. His dedication to Nebraska and public media was evident to all those around him. He was an amazing person and Steve enjoyed seeing him at work, where he was just a week before his death. At Roper and Sons, our experienced funeral professionals are committed to making sure your service arrangements exceed your expectations. I was so proud of his fight for life. But if you hope to influence various aspects of your funeral or memorial service, we encourage you to plan in advance. George was a faithful member of Southview Christian Church where he served as an Elder, board member and all-around helper wherever it was needed. The data gathered will only be used for official Roper & Sons correspondence. The data gathered will only be used for official Roper & Sons correspondence. He supported every effort to improve what was produced on North 33rd St. and out in the field. Mark William Grell, 65, lifelong resident of Lincoln passed away January 3, 2022. Family members include his sons Casey and Garrett; his beloved dog Marley; mother Martha Grell; brother Richard (Cheryl) Grell, Jr.; sister Laura (Rick) Maxwell; numerous nieces and nephews. May he rest in peace. Send flowers Share a memory Print obituary. He was our Cultural Ambassador to the world. notifications about Roper & Sons Obituaries. She married Delbert Ray Benash on July 27, 1954, in Beemer, Nebraska. The loss of a loved one is an emotional and stressful time. Never miss an obituary, sign up for email or text message notifications, Enter your email or mobile number to receive May your memories of John fill your heart and help to bring you comfort. Ron not only responded to my proposal he responded with enthusiasm and soon became the chief mentor in a small group of mentors at KUON who guided me through the enjoyable process of writing, producing and ultimately filming the series. God Bless. He helped teach several classes in the program. I remember him from my childhood when there were only 3 Please accept the most sincere condolences of Louise and me upon the passing from this life of Ron. Ron graduated from Rapid City High School, obtained a B.A. Click or drag a file to this area to upload. Never miss an obituary, sign up for email or text message notifications, Enter your email or mobile number to receive 4300 O Street, But if you hope to influence various aspects of your funeral or memorial service, we encourage you to plan in advance. For more information see ourprivacy policy. Brother, LeRoy (Phyliss) Tichota; sister, Debbie (Lowell) Nolting. https://www.roperandsons.com/obit/joann-tichota-benash/. You can trust that we will be by your side every step of the way. Monday, May 01 at 11:00 AM; Bethlehem Covenant Church (Waverly, NE) Memorial Services; Livestream; JoAnn (Tichota) Benash. Leslie and family I remember your mom she was such a sweet, kind loving mom. I worked at LPD w/ John. Proudly Serving Lincoln and Lancaster County & the Surrounding Area. We respect your privacy. The data gathered will only be used for official Roper & Sons correspondence. Never miss an obituary, sign up for email or text message notifications, Enter your email or mobile number to receive Neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore; for the former things have passed away. , 68510 , United States. He was always so funny and captivating w/ his stories. I have such fond memories of the lovely and gracious Mrs. Grell and her dear beautiful sister shopping at Hovland Swanson when I was a Hi-Styler at Hovlands. Call Visit website Roper & Sons Funeral Services 4300 O Street Lincoln, NE 68510 Claim this funeral home Roper & Sons Funeral Services The funeral service is an important point of. He was the adopted and only child of Darrell C. and Nettie F. Hull. John C. McQuinn II - Roper and Sons Back to Obituaries Obituary John C. McQuinn II September 16, 1954 - April 13, 2023 Send flowers Share a memory Print obituary John C. McQuinn II, 68, of Lincoln passed away April 13, 2023, after almost 8 years of suffering from repercussions of West Nile virus. Clark was also a member of the Sesotris Shrine Temple of Lincoln. Click or drag a file to this area to upload. Memorials in lieu of flowers to Saint Paul United Methodist Church, Mari Sandoz Heritage Society, or the Peoples City Mission. To send flowers to Roper and Sons - Central Lincoln please visit our He will be missed. Im saddened by his passing. Condolences to his family. I was so blessed to have worked where she lived for almost two years of my life. He was an avid FCC amateur (HAM) radio operator. Ron left such a legacy! I still have the leather wallet that he made me with my initials. We offer Aftercare for grief support as you process and heal from your loss. The rub was that I had no credentials as a documentary maker. May God bless and comfort you. Meet Our Team At Roper and Sons, our experienced funeral professionals are committed to making sure your service arrangements exceed your expectations. I have great memories of your Dad, too, at functions where wed all be togetherhe always had a big smile on his face, and he was so positive. Rev. My condolences on the loss of your son, and brother. Winnie and family, I was so saddened to learn of Georges passing. I know hes in a better place now rest his soul sincerely Tom Klein. Clark loved reading and writing poetry. Please refresh your screen and check back 10-15 minutes before the service. You can trust that we will be by your side every step of the way. I met Ron in 2000 when I was selected to serve as the Executive Director for Nebraskas newly established Lewis and Clark Bicentennial Commission. For more information see ourprivacy policy. Proudly Serving Lincoln and Lancaster County & the Surrounding Area. Meet at gate #2, 6800 S. 14th St., Lincoln, NE. We understand that grieving doesnt end after the service. His charisma and laughter were contagious. Never miss an obituary, sign up for email or text message notifications, Enter your email or mobile number to receive The thought of death or talking about your own funeral may be uncomfortable. He will be missed. Through our busy lives we always tried to stay in contact with each other as much as possible and this will leave a big void in our world! We are sorry for your loss. Well, my memories of Ron come through the close relationship he and None had with my parents, Howard and Barbara Dinsdale. sympathy store. To the Hull family, although you will undoubtedly miss Ron among you, you have every reason to take great pride and satisfaction in his amazingly diverse accomplishments and the kind of caring human he was. The data gathered will only be used for official Roper & Sons correspondence. Born September 26, 1942, in Broken Bow, NE to Milton and Iva (Owen) Roseberry. Preceded in death by his parents Robert and Darlene (Brown) Mattingly, Ardis (Maddox) Marshall and half-brother Michael Mattingly. He was born in Rapid City, South Dakota on May 30, 1930. Roper and Sons - South Lincoln 3950 Hohensee Dr Lincoln, NE LARRY POPPE OBITUARY Larry Dean Poppe August 18, 1937 - November 24, 2022 Larry Dean Poppe, 85, of Lincoln, died November. I know my Daddy sure enjoyed working with him and their friendship. She also worked at Valentinos Restaurant for many years. She also had many nieces and nephews. Im so glad God placed him in my life. Cheers to you Ron for a life well lived, may you rest in peace. We understand that grieving doesnt end after the service. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Also, Ron has been a sweet friend to my mom in her older years. The loss of a loved one is an emotional and stressful time. Clark grew up in Grand Island and Neligh, NE, where he graduated from Neligh High School. At Roper and Sons, our experienced funeral professionals are committed to making sure your service arrangements exceed your expectations. Throughout our lives Mark has always been, and will continue to be, my cousin-brother from 1st remembrances we were nearly always together; from riding our bikes to Runza Hut & Sherman Field to watch our dads play ball, to/through all the antics of high school. John loved his family, and we loved him too! Love you Mark, and will come visit you when I come back home. You can trust that we will be by your side every step of the way. Honorary family members: Irvene Group, Sylvia, Doug, Tyson Higel, and Tom Miller. I love Uncle Clark. Family was the most important part of Rons life. We understand that grieving doesnt end after the service. notifications about Roper & Sons Obituaries. In the years that followed we shared many fun adventures and personal reflections, building many great memories that I treasure and will long reflect upon. notifications about Roper & Sons Obituaries. We are sorry for your loss. Someone at PBS in Washington told me, We dont make programs, our stations do. But if you hope to influence various aspects of your funeral or memorial service, we encourage you to plan in advance. At Roper and Sons, our experienced funeral professionals are committed to making sure your service arrangements exceed your expectations. She was so kind and caring and she was so smart too. Proudly Serving Lincoln and Lancaster County & the Surrounding Area. A Celebration of Rons Life will take place at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 29th at Saint Paul United Methodist Church, 1144 M Street in Lincoln. Prior inurnment at 1:00 pm, Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery, 6800 S. 14th St. Meet at gate #2. It was apparent from the first meet that he was a special man. John was born September 16, 1954, in Bellevue, NE to John C. and Irene F. (Finkle) McQuinn.