Ko te thonohono i te whanaungatanga, i ng ttai whakapapa an hoki ki ng hap me te iwi, e whai pnga matua ana ki te hua o te noho ki Tokomaru. He kura Te Aho Matua tnei. This easy, two-hour loop is for people who love bush, birds and bay views. current travel advice can be found here. The ancestral river is Mangahauini. The kura community is very supportive of each other. Over the years the name was altered to Tokomaru Bay. Tokomaru Bay offers good fishing (particularly by the old wharf near the freezing works) as well as camping on both the northern and southern ends of the bay. Before the review, the whnau and Tumuaki completed the ERO Whnau Assurance Statement and Self-Audit Checklists. Richmond, Here for a short time: Have lunch at the pub, go for a swim and visit the wharf area. Top digs: Last year Lonely Planet described Stranded in Paradise Backpackers as the best place to stay on the East Coast. Local history and family research. We could not walk on the beach opposite the Tavern as the sea was pounding the sea wall and throwing water onto the road. Best playground: Aside from the beach, the wharf and the great outdoors, there's also the council playground on the reserve next to the beach, which has swings and a skate bowl. These talents and skills are beginning to emerge in students. In 1959 Teka joined The Royal Samoans and Maoris, which was soon renamed The Maori Troubadours. Town fiestas: Horse sports and equestrian events are popular. The board must ensure that they provide him with professional support to strengthen his knowledge and application in a kura setting. Statistics New Zealand describes Tokomaru Bay as a rural settlement, which covers 8.38km2 (3.24sqmi). They know who they are and where they come from. A guide to understand the process to ratify the amenements to the Nga Hapu o Ngati Porou Foreshore and Seabed Deed of Agreement 2008. Students have a strong appreciation of the talent and skills of well known people and teachers in their community and in other locations. Other stories from this Chapter: 1 ). An online programme has been introduced to assist students to gather evidence and monitor their learning progress. Te Wahineiti Descendants of the Lesser Wife. [NAG 2 (b)], ERO recommendation to Te Rnanga Nui o Ng Kura Kaupapa Mori o Aotearoa support the whnau to. They accept a wide range of roles and responsibilities to support others. City/District Council. In 1966 Tui decided hed had enough of showgrounds, and joined the Maori Volcanics just in time for a tour to Japan. Students engage well in prepared activities and kaupapa studies. Ka wheako ng konga o te wharekura i ng tino taumata o te angitu, in koa, ko te taumata tahi me te taumata rua o Te Taumata Mtauranga -Motu Kua Taea i roto i te Reo Pkeh, te reo Mori, te Ptaiao, me te Pngarau. E whakarato ana te whnau i ttahi mtauranga motuhake e hngai ana ki ng tino uaratanga, ng tino whakapono hoki o Ng Tturu o Tokomaru. He tkare ng konga ki te ako i te ao Mori me te ao whnui. There was a heavy rain watch in Auckland, including the Great Barrier Island, till Monday; the ranges of Bay and Plenty east of Te Kaha and Gisborne, north of Tokomaru Bay, till Tuesday and Bay of . TAUA,Tukaki Whare She was the wife of Tuwhakairiora and, while their children were growing up, Ruataupare's children were referred to as the noble offspring of Tuwhakairiora, bearing only their father's name. The interior features whakairo , tukutuku and kowhaiwhai panels. te tae -tinana atu a ng konga ki te kura. Kua haere rtou ki ng whi whakahirahira o t rtou takiw, , e mhio ana hoki rtou ki te whai pnga nui o tnei ki a rtou hei trangawaewae. The whnau are descendants of Te Whnau a Ruataupare and Te Ao Tawirirangi. He aronga nui ki te htaka akoranga, ki te ta tautoko mrika i ng kaupapa i te marae. Understanding the Waiapu Freshwater Catchment Plan -Essentially the plan will cover how people interact with the awa, how they use it and protect it. Kaiako have introduced a programme to support on-line learning. Kaiako encourage students to set individual learning goals. Learning activities include practical experiences on the marae, exploration in the local environment, attending events regionally and involvement in national events. From the peak of Marotiri to the seaward points of Te Tawhiti-nuia-Poa in the north, and Te Mwhai in the south, this enclave of creativity we know as Tokomaru Bay continues to thrive. Invercargill 9812, http://maatawaka.org.nz/nga-hau-e-wha-national-marae/, https://www.ara.ac.nz/study-options/our-study-interest-areas/maori-and-pasifika/te-puna-wanaka-a-special-place, http://hakateremarae.weebly.com/hakatere.html. An able hockey player, after she left school she played for the Marotiri team at Tokomaru Bay and competed in tournaments around the North Island. Ko te riterite o te arotake whaiaro e arotahi ana ki te ahu whakamua a ng konga, me te whakatairanga ake i ng paetae konga. Ko ttahi kkiritanga -kura, ko Kaitiakitanga oranga o te tamaiti, , e hpai ana tnei i te whakawhanaketanga o te katoa o te konga. Ka whai ptake ng mahere whnui e mau nei i ng huatanga katoa hei rahi i te whakatinanatanga o ng htaka akoranga. The employment status of those at least 15 was that 135 (38.1%) people were employed full-time, 45 (12.7%) were part-time, and 21 (5.9%) were unemployed.[2]. Ka prongo atu ki te poari, ki te whnau hoki i ia te w. Wildlife: There used to be a whaling station here and, despite the decimation, southern right whales still pop in from time to time. Ka kitea te piki haere o ng mhiotanga o ng konga ki ng taonga tturu o te kau o Tokomaru. Of those at least 15 years old, 51 (14.4%) people had a bachelor's or higher degree, and 75 (21.2%) people had no formal qualifications. Kia ora Julia, our website does not take bookings for the marae. In the 1970s, Teka performed solo in Sydney and Southeast Asian clubs, his extravagant stage wardrobe including rhinestone jackets and embroidered skirts cut for his one hundred and forty kilogram frame. He was a kaiwhina for many years before completing teacher training. Kaiako provide students with opportunities to learn and apply traditional planting methods in school garden. Uawa / Tolaga Bay in all its sunny glory. He htaka akoranga t ng kaiako e hpai ana i te mramatanga o ng konga ki te tirohanga Mori ki te ao. He matawhnui, he kiriiri hoki ng tukanga aromatawai. Ka whakaemi pakihia ng mhiohio. Koia nei te w tuatahi kua t te tumuaki hei tumuaki whakaako, , he hou ki a ia tna tranga rahi. A visit by missionaries William Williams, William Colenso, Richard Matthews and James Stack heralded the coming of Christianity to the district in 1838 and their crusade proved very successful with the local people. Best adventure: Go surfing or at least play in the waves. https://sites.google.com/site/araiteuru/, 54 eye street There were 348 households, comprising 504 males and 450 females, giving a sex ratio of 1.12 males per female. Me whakawhanake tonu ng kaiako, hei ta whakarite i te whakamahinga o taua rautaki, puta noa i te kura. Students show respect for their immediate and wider community by undertaking kaitiaki roles particularly for special places around their akau. Students embrace digital technology and use it confidently. E whai whi atu ana ng konga ki te whnuitanga o ng tmomo wheako akoranga. E whakawhanake ana ng konga i t rtou mhiotanga ki ng taonga tturu o te kau o Tokomaru. Of those at least 15 years old, 102 (13.7%) people had a bachelor's or higher degree, and 186 (24.9%) people had no formal qualifications. Your journey further north takes you to stunning Tokomaru Bay and sitting pretty in the heart of the bay is the iconic Te Puka Tavern. On a beautiful day, you'll see the whole bay spread out before you. The whnau engage more consistently indecision making meetings. He is particularly attracted to compelling indigenous stories that critique and celebrate the human condition. Students are developing in confidence and self esteem. Some students with limited language have enrolled at the kura. Learning about water safety is integrated into student learning experiences. E akiaki ana ng kaiako i ng kuia,ng koroua me ng pp ki te noho ki te taha o ng konga, hei hpai i rtou akoranga. Kei te whitia koe ko Kahutia-te-rangi - aue The heke came from an old meeting house in Tokomaru Bay, gifted from the Potae whnau. The principal provides strong collaborative leadership. Enjoy a gorgeous hike along the Anaura Bay Walkway and soak up all the views. E whakawhanake ana te mia, te kiritau hoki o ng konga. They share pepeha and learn karakia. Many meeting houses were used to manaaki visitors to the region including Hinemihi o te Ao Tawhito at Te Wairoa, which withstood the 1886 Tarawera eruption and sheltered many, including Tene Waitere and his whnau., Ng Hau e Wh However I will pass on your enquiry to some people from that rohe, that may be able to help you out. Okains Bay Whaakata marae was built on site at Okains Bay , using original materials and taonga from other whare. The bush is alive with native birds including korimako (bellbirds), pipiwharauroa (shining cuckoo), piwakawaka (fantails), tui and kereru among them. E noho maioha ana ng konga ki ng wheako e hpai ana i t rtou thura haere i te taiao moriori. Kids love: Fishing off the wharf, horse riding on the beach and playing by the sea. Situated only 50 metres from the beach, our quality home is fully self-contained. [8][9], Hatea-A-Rangi Memorial Park is Tokomaru Bay's sports ground and local park. E mhio ana rtou ki a rtou an me t rtou trangawaewae. Check it out: Tokomaru Bay's 8km of pristine coastline is one of the most beautiful beaches on Earth. Kei te eke angitu ng konga, , he manawa whakah t rtou ki rtou whakatutukitanga. Ka ngkau nui rtou ki te whai whi atu ki ng akoranga a ng konga me t rtou waiora. Fishing is also big round here, off the rocks . Do you have a Nati Story to share about our whanau, hapu, Iwi? Ka kitea te whakaute o ng konga m t rtou hapori ake, m te hapori whnui hoki, n t rtou t ki te mahi hei kaitiaki m tahi tino whi, huri noa i t rtou kau. [1] They include the marae of six iwi (tribes):[2] Ngti Porou,[3] Te Aitanga--Hauiti, Te Aitanga-a-Mhaki,[4] Te Whnau--Apanui,[5] Ngai Tamanuhiri[6] and Rongowhakaata. 6 talking about this. Unit plans provide clear guidelines to support NCEA subjects. Waiparapara Marae. Ko tahi o aua huihuinga, ko te t hei kanohi m te hap ki ng tmomo kaupapa, ko te whakawhanaunga ki tahi atu kura kaupapa Mori, ko te thonohono hoki ki a Ngi Mori i ng tranga -motu, , ko te titiro an hoki ki ng taonga tuku iho a te Mori. Recognising Tuatini as our principle home. Tene Waitere worked on several meeting houses around Taup and Rotorua along with other expert carvers like Anaha Te Rahui and Neke Kapua. Tokomaru had a population of 954 at the 2018 New Zealand census, an increase of 21 people (2.3%) since the 2013 census, and a decrease of 102 people (9.7%) since the 2006 census. Industrious, Prolific and Renowned for hisExploits, Kahukuranui and T-te-ihonga Like Father LikeSon, Rkaipaaka meets Ttekohe A Dog of aDinner. IT enables students to connect with an external pngarau teacher to strengthen their knowledge about the subject. He pakari ng konga, , e mhio ana hoki kei te tautokona rtou. Ka whakamhio te prongo i ia wiki i te whnau, m te pnui, , ka whakaatu hoki i ng kaupapa a ng konga, ka whakanui hoki i rtou mahi angitu. Ka whakatinanahia taua tirohanga ki te whakatairangatanga o ng karakia Ringat, ng waiata tawhito, , ki te whakahonohono hoki ki ng marae me ng tngata o te hapori me te rohe whnui. Greetings from Hukanui / Gordonton, in the Waikato. Ko Marotiri te maunga This has influenced the presence of English during the school day. Carry on the discussion on Twitter or our Facebook page. Donec gravida mi a condimentum rutrum. He was said to be playing guitar and saxophone by age three. Ko tahi o ng whai whitanga e hpai ana i ng konga, ko ng huihuinga ki te marae, ko te whai whi atu ki ng kaupapa i te hapori, me te whakawhanaunga hoki ki te taha o tahi atu kura auraki, kura kaupapa Mori hoki. Since the previous ERO report, 2014, there have been significant changes. This is a school wide challenge. Wharekura students experience high levels of success particularly in NCEA levels one and two English, Te Reo, Ptaiao and Pngarau. The nearby p at Te Mawhai was refortified by Henare Potae in the 1860s Ko Mangahauini te awa Tokomaru Bay: The town that keeps on flooding | RNZ Civil Defence environment Tokomaru Bay: The town that keeps on flooding From The Detail, 5:00 am on 28 April 2022 Sharon Brettkelly, co-host of The Detail sharon.brettkelly@rnz.co.nz The State Highway 35 bridge in Tokomaru Bay was badly damaged in recent flooding Photo: RNZ / Angus Dreaver He also struck up a relationship with Terence ONeil-Joyces Ode label, putting out a series of singles and albums, starting in 1972 as the Tui Teka Five with Something to Believe In, For the Life of Me, 1973s Il Silenzio (a remake of Italian trumpeter Nini Rossos 1965 hit, E Hine Hoki) and Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. This is well known proverb pepeha reflecting a time when the Rangitne people were numerous and powerful and had many settlements throughout Hawke's Bay, Manawat, Wairarapa, Wellington and in the Wairau district. He kaha te aronga waiora o ng konga, , ka kitea t rtou whakaute m rtou an, m tahi atu hoki. Ph: 03 214 1076. Ko te haere tonutanga o te arotake whaiaro e whai pnga ana ki te aro nui atu ki te whakatau i ng whakaritenga. The ruins of the old freezing works and wharf at Waima reflect a bygone age, as do the many historic sites dotting the coastline all the way to Te Mwhai point at the southern end of the bay. If information about your marae needs to be updated, corrected or added to, please contact us here atngatiporou.com. Students are eager to learn about te ao Mori and the wider world. Students are recognised for their high achievement. Best swim: With all that beach at your feet, you'll figure it out. Father of Private and Private, He was nicknamed The Prince, but Thoe legend Tui Teka lived his life as the king of Mori entertainment. The floor is a traditional earth floor. His mother, Hinemauriri, played mouth organ and clarinet and his father, Te Waakainga, was a saxophonist with a bush band. His mother played mouth organ and clarinet and his father was a saxophonist with a bush band deep in the heart of Thoe country. E whakawhanake ana ng konga i t rtou mramatanga hei kaitiaki. N te tau 2016 ttahi tumuaki hou i whakatngia ai. "Statistical area 1 dataset for 2018 Census", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tokomaru_Bay&oldid=1148618864, Populated places in the Gisborne District, Short description is different from Wikidata, Use New Zealand English from January 2021, All Wikipedia articles written in New Zealand English, Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 7 April 2023, at 08:24. He was the ultimate showband performer, able to play a multitude of instruments, act, and sing anything from country and western and rock'n'roll to love ballads and waiata, interspersed with side-splitting comedy. Whats your whakaaro on the latest news or kaupapa? Ka t rtou ki te whakatutuki i te whnuitanga o ng tmomo tranga, kawenga mahi hoki, hei hpai i tahi atu. 1,168 people follow this. Pariwhakaoho is my river. prince george's county town hall meeting; baptist church long beach; why is it important to learn about serial killers Our search for information, and photos of the Obelisk, has been posted on a genealogy forum here:-, http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=717768.new#new. Ka whakapuaki rtou i rtou pepeha, , ka ako hoki rtou i ng karakia. Students hear good models of formal and informal reo Mori including dialectal differences. 45 Waitangi Street Tokomaru Bay, New Zealand 4047. Take note, rugby games bring the whole community out so if you're lucky you might catch a match when they kickoff on a Saturday. Kia ora Allan, This study is a history of the two sub tribes (hapu) Whanau a Ruataupare, and Whanau a te Aotawarirangi of Tokomaru Bay on the East Coast of the North Island. Ko Mangahauini me Waiotu awa I roto i nei tuhinga i oati rtou i whia e rtou ng huarahi whai take hei whakatutuki i rtou herenga -ture e p ana ki: I te w o te arotake, i whakamtauhia e Te Tari Arotake Mtauranga ng huatanga i raro iho nei, i te mea he nui te pnga o nei ki ng paetae o ng konga: Kia tutuki i te whnau rtou herenga -ture, me tahuri ki te: E taunaki ana Te Tari Arotake Mtauranga kia tautokona te whnau e Te Rnanga Nui o Ng Kura Kaupapa Mori o Aotearoa ki te: E t ana Te Kura Kaupapa Mori o Ng Taonga Tturu ki Tokomaru, ki te whanga o Tokomaru, i te raki o Tranga-nui-a-Kiwa. Developing and implementing programmes that respond to gender specific learning needs. Teachers provide valuable information about what students are doing and how their achievements. The Hauhau were identified as those who had killed the Reverend Carl Vlkner in 1865, and were moving into the territory to spread their form of religious fervour, Pai Mrire. Kua whakawhanakehia e ng kaiako ng htaka akoranga e toro atu ana ki tua atu i te kura. Ka rumakina rtou ki te reo me ng tikanga o Ngti Porou. Kaiako encourage Nannies and Pp to sit alongside students to support their learning. HAUITI,Ruakapanga Whare, Expressing and exploringcontemporary lifestyles of NgatiPorou today our people, our whakapmau i te haere tonutanga o ttahi htaka arotake whaiaro e whai pnga ana ki ng kaupapa here, ng mahere, me ng htaka kei runga ake nei, tae atu hoki ki ng mhiohio aromtai e p ana ki ng paetae konga. Te Huhuti and Te Whatu-i-piti Love ConquersAll? LatestNatiLife Features, Ko Marotiri te maunga Meet the locals: Tokomaru Bay is popular with artists, musicians and craftspeople, interesting people doing interesting things some people call Toko "the craft centre of the coast". Students engage in programmes that enable them to take care of the environment. kiaora, my name is Richard Houkamau an I am doing an assignment on my marae-Tuatini ki Tokomaru. Ka akiaki rtou i a rtou an, , ka whai whi hoki ki te whakatau i ng whakaritenga. They encourage each other and contribute to decision making. Kua whakaritea e ng kaiako ng wnanga m muri i te kura i roto i te pngarau me te pnui, , ka t nei ki te marae ki te taha tonu o te whnau, ng kaumtua, me ng kuia, hei hpai ake i te ako a ng konga. The windows and entrance have no glass or door, just some wooden planks that can be moved across. Students are confident and know they are supported. Students are involved in a wide range of reo Mori activities and experiences. Students experience success. The study examines the identity of these people as given in their history. Provide a programme of support for the Tumuaki about his leadership and management responsibilities. Tokomaru Bay Maori families. Kua uru mai ki te kura tahi konga e mau ana i te iti noa o te reo. Travelling to Tairwhiti? Ka wheako ng konga i te angitu. The Battle of Te Maniaroa BackpackPayback? Ko te matatau o ng kaumtua, ng kaimahi, me te whnau e whai pnga ana ki te tupu o te reo me te whakawhanaketanga o ng konga. He appeared in films, including Savage Islands (1983), Came a Hot Friday (1985) and The Silent One (1985). Seventy years-plus young and still going strong topping it off with a first placing in the recent Tamararo competition held just last month here in Gisborne. Ka ako rtou ki te tiaki me te atawhai i ng rauemi. Kaiako provide students with opportunities to hear te reo o Ngti Porou in different settings. Contact them through ngatiporou.com and let them know what sort of tour you'd like and they'll organise the perfect outing for you. Ko te whakarauora me te whakapmau i te reo me ng tikanga o Ngti Porou ttahi huatanga matua m te whnau me ng whnau whnui o te kura. Tr ka whakahaeretia e Te Tari Arotake Mtauranga te arotake whai muri o Te Kura Kaupapa Mori o Ng Taonga Tturu ki Tokomaru i roto i te kotahi ki te rua o ng tau, ar, ko Te Pupuketanga. Also, two thirds of the way up Mt Hikurangi you'll find nine carved whakaro. Ahakoa ka whakaemihia ng mhiohio aromatawai hei tutu i ng matea o ia konga me ia rp, me ta titiro tonu ki te mhiotanga o ng kaiako ki te waihanga i ng htaka akoranga e aro nui ana ki te konga. Best reason to stop: For the scenic beauty, the swimming, fishing and surfing. The floor is a traditional earth floor. Ka kitea ki te nuinga o ng konga te whakawhanaketanga o t rtou mhio ki ng wawata me ng tmanako o t rtou whnau. Kaiako use these to support students interactions and relationships with each other. They are immersed in te reo me ng tikanga o Ngti Porou. Ko Te Whanau a Ruataupare te hapu. And for those who do remain or return, there is always the iconic kapahaka group, Te Hokowhitu-a-T. Although some people chose not to answer the census's question about religious affiliation, 34.9% had no religion, 41.8% were Christian, 11.3% had Mori religious beliefs, 0.3% were Hindu, 0.3% were Buddhist and 0.9% had other religions. Tkk is a wharenui at Te Kaha Marae, named after Tkk, the son of Apanui Ringamutu and Kahukuramihiata. Students are motivated to learn. The East Coast was the hardest hit by the storm that has lashed parts of the North Island this week; with hundreds of . For Tokomaru Bay, this is the second severe flood in less than a year. Establishing relationships, ancestral links to the hap and iwi are integral to living in Tokomaru. ERO is likely to carry out the next review in three years. There is an emphasis in the learning programme to actively support activities on the marae. They encourage students to explore local landmarks that are renowned for kaimoana, different harakeke and whi tapu. Students are developing knowledge of whnau, hap and iwi. It's partly on private land, so contact Te Runanga o Ngati Porou before you set off. Students appreciate experiences of exploration in the natural environment. Dunedin. This is reflected in re-establishing Ringat karakia, waiata tawhito and connecting with marae and people in the local and wider communities. Haere ai ng konga ki ng tmomo hui, ng tmomo kaupapa hoki ki te takiw me te hapori whnui. A typical ad promised, enchanting music, exotic island dances, wonderful singing and a fast moving comedy show, and he kept his tent full day after day. There is no mention of immediate family on his plaque, so I assume that what looks like a marriage in 1925 to a Pua Ngareta MILLIGAN did not last. About a 90-minute drive from central Gisborne, Anaura Bay is a picture-perfect beach paradise. Te Kani-a-Takirau is the paramount chief The pepeha or tribal saying that introduces this article belongs to the Te Aitanga-a-Hauiti (the descendants of Hauiti) people of Uawa-nui-a-Ruamatua or Tolaga Bay, a small township located 56 kilometres north of Gisborne ( Fig. Students plan their academic learning pathways in consultation and with the encouragement of staff and whanau. Ka whakamahere ng konga i rtou huarahi ako, m te whakawhiti krero, m te akiaki hoki o ng kaimahi me te whnau. In these documents they attested that they had taken all reasonable steps to meet their legislative obligations related to: attend hui and participate more regularly alongside staff and students when they are involved in activities. Information technology (IT) is used to help students share their learning with kaiako and whnau. It is a Te Aho Matua kura that provides education for students from Years 1 - 8. . MAHAKI, Porourangi Whare Share your news with the Iwi here. Kua roa tahi tino kaiako e mahi ana, , ka whakarato rtou i ng whakaakoranga o te kounga pai ki ng konga, ka whakarato ng kaimahi i ng wheako akoranga whakaongaonga e ngkau nuitia ana e ng konga, , e whai pnga ana hoki ki a rtou. Kei te whakatinana rtou i ng tikanga tuku iho e p ana ki te kaitiakitanga. He pai te whai whi atu a ng konga ki ng taumahi me ng akoranga -kaupapa i whakaritea ai. Learning environments are vibrant and stimulating and effectively support student learning. Most of the new carving were undertaken by master carver John Rua (Ngi Thoe). People may identify with more than one ethnicity. Whaakata marae was built on site at Okains Bay , using original materials and taonga from other whare. Overall planning is purposeful and includes all the elements to guide the implementation of learning programmes. Ka akiaki ng kaiako i ng konga ki te whakatakoto i rtou ake whinga ako. TAUA,Tukaki Whare The funding was expected to create 205 jobs. The wharepuni was constructed in 1925 and was one of only three carved whare in the South Island in 1972, and the first whare in Te Wai Pounamu to be given whi tpuna status. In Australia Tui quickly graduated from sweeping up after the elephants to singing and performing, and he learned showmanship traveling round the continent. Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Invercargills Te Wharepuni o Anehana to the New Zealand Heritage List as a Whi Tpuna. Opportunities for students to explore their natural talents and skills are encouraged. M te hangarau mhiohio e whakahono ana ng konga ki ttahi kaiako pngarau o waho, hei whakapakari i t rtou mhiotanga ki tnei o ng kaupapa. The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. Te Whnau-a-Ruataupare and Te Aotwarirangi are the sub-tribes