with lot of social media fan he often posts many personal photos and videos to interact with her huge fan base social media plateform. The IMF reached a staff-level agreement with Lebanon in April 2022 for a $3 billion loan programme to tackle its financial crisis. Weve got about 10 seconds left though, in one word, given that background, are you anticipating there will be taxes fairly widespread? PH: I'm right with you on that. personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to Discover Tony Douglas (businessman)s Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. The growth in Saudis hotel room inventory will swell to become larger than []. Because without this, I think there's no one part of the manufacturers, the commercial airlines themselves, and many other parts of the industry that support this, can find a single solution. Douglas has been lured away by Saudi Arabia to create a new, 5-star airline that should rival the Gulf carriers. They've got a habit of being obviously, extremely changeable, and I think what's brought, again, our transformation process over the last three years, the benefits from that to the fore, is the fact that it's made us an awful lot more agile. Live from Hong Kong, bringing you the most important global business and breaking markets news information as it happens. Douglas, 58, was one of the first global business leaders to be vaccinated when he received his (the Chinese Sinopharm jab) in early January at Etihad's in-house medical centre, a benefit of. A Message from Group CEO Tony Douglas | Etihad Airways In his first year 2018, at the helm, Douglas succeeded in cutting the loss to $-1.28 billion. Reuters provides business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. We're using it as a call out to SMEs, to universities, to anybody out there who's got a genius idea, to be able to bring it into an environment where it can be put to test. Etihad further improved its results and reduces its loss to $-0.87 billion in 2019. Since replacing James Hogan in 2018 as CEO, Douglas has been instrumental to steer the airline through the Covid crisis and its own transformation program, which was launched just before he joined. After its ownership was transferred to Abu Dhabi Wealth fund ADQ, UAE flag carrier Etihad Airways appointed Antonoaldo Neves the former chief of TAP Air Portugal as the new group CEO, succeeding Tony Douglas, who took on a new role to head Saudi Arabia's new $30 billion national carrier, RIA, Arabian Business . Active as a journalist since 1987, with a background in newspapers, magazines, and a regional news station, Richard has been covering commercial aviation on a freelance basis since late 2016. Mohammad Al Bulooki Chief Operating Officer Learn more Raffael Quintas Chief Financial Officer Saudi Arabia's new global airline RIA has approached Etihad's Tony Douglas to be its new CEO, Arabian Business understands. My crystal ball can't predict when that's going to happen, but the sustainability agenda, for commercial aviation, is here forever and in many ways is a far bigger intellectual challenge for all of us. This 'Money Pit' Airline Says It's Finally Set Up To - Forbes Etihad CEO issues call to make aviation industry net zero | AGBI I think there's probably an important balance here to look at the carrot side of it. REUTERS/Christopher Pike/File Photo. Expressed quite simply, if it hadn't had been for the significant increase in cargo, there's no way we would have maintained the same network and frequencies that we have been doing. As we are entering our next phase of sustainable growth, we are confident that Antonoaldo will build on Tonys legacy. He has been the CEO of Etihad Airways since January 2018. We asked him about what makes the. Dallas/Fort Worth and Ho Chi Minh City to boost growth, the airline carried 17.8 million passengers in 2018. . Some of that's around the use of smarter technology, so machine learning, artificial intelligence. The Big Talk: Etihad Aviation Group CEO, Tony Douglas on recovery By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Now, under that umbrella, and really the Greenliner is more of a persona, because we're using it as a call out to SMEs, to universities, quite frankly, to anybody out there who's got a genius idea, to be able to bring it into an environment where it can be put to test. Let's kick off with the big picture stuff. I go back to the earlier point, it's not all about big initiatives, it's how one collects, we think, all of the small ones to help contribute as well. Stay informed and spot emerging risks and opportunities with independent global reporting, expert This is an extremely well-coordinated environment, not just in terms of Etihad Wellness, but the way in which that corresponds with the arrival and departure process within the airport, the way in which it coordinates with the leisure industry, with the hotels, the way in which it coordinates with lifestyle, be that entertainment, be that the way in which we go and shop in the supermarkets, etc. Etihad Airways' CEO says that airlines that fail to follow its TD: I think back to the earlier comments, the demand for leisure and as well as leisure, people reconnecting with family and loved ones is where we've seen such a surge as restrictions have eased. Neves was CEO and a board member of TAP, Portugal's national carrier, from July 2017 to September 2020, according to his LinkedIn. Douglas, the press release said. "We are going to go absolutely out of our way to make sure that we can reassure you. cookies Douglas, who took over as CEO in 2018, has canceled or threatened to back out of much of two massive orders placed with Boeing and Airbus in 2013 for 143 jetliners that had a then-record total. Tony Douglas, Group Chief Executive Officer, Etihad Aviation Group, said: "As we say goodbye to 2020, I wanted to start the new year by demonstrating my own . He inherited Hogans transformation plan, of which the core was to get rid of its strategic investments in other airlines and fully focus on a leaner and more efficient Etihad instead. Billions of dirhams or dollars were flowing into alliances with Air Berlin, in which it bought a 29.2 percent stake in 2011. The US carriers accuse Etihad as well as Emirates and Qatar Airways of being propped up by $50 billion of government subsidies, in violation of international air transport treaties. 2023 AGBI, part of Link Media Corporation Ltd. Etihad's Tony Douglas: 'Don't fight the storm' - Financial Times It was a plan that we concluded just over two years ago and today we're operational with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi and that's a critical component for us operating here on narrowbody, within the GCC and into Eastern Europe and the Indian subcontinent. PIF is reportedly investing $30 billion in the new airline, which is expected to launch modestly with a narrowbody fleet and regional operations. Beginning his career as a civil engineer, Antonoaldo holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Virginia's Darden School of Business and a Master's Degree in Corporate Finance from the IAG Business School at PUC-Rio. The unprecedented challenges stemming from macro-economic conditions faced by the industry were successfully navigated through prudent measures undertaken to position Etihad on a sustainable path for the future., Etihad Chairman Mohammed Ali Al Shorafa thanked Douglas for his efforts: Tony has led Etihad through some of its most challenging times and has successfully turned the airline into a profitable and sustainable business over the past five years as part of its initial transformation program. PH: I think that's obviously a really good message, and a really good strategy, which you have to be taking. Premium access for businesses and educational institutions. Sadly, however, my crystal ball can't predict when that's going to happen, but the sustainability agenda, I think for commercial aviation is here forever and in many ways is a far bigger intellectual challenge for all of us. PH: That's very succinctly put, I like that, a nice conclusion to it. How we work with traffic controllers and regulators, to be able to get controlled climbs and continuous descent happen. Hogan's departure was announced in January. A day later on October 19, ADQ appointed Antonoaldo Neves as the airlines new CEO, joining Etihad with a history as CEO and Board Member of TAP Portugal and Azul Airlines before that. We asked him about what makes the A350-1000 standout against other planes and how this plane fits in with the Etihad mission of achieving net zero emissions by 2050.WATCH MORE AT https://www.khaleejtimes.com/videosTELEGRAM: https://t.me/KhaleejTimesFACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/khaleejtimes/TWITTER: https://twitter.com/khaleejtimesINSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/khaleejtimes/#Dubai #News #khaleejtimes Last year, the International Air Transport Association pledged carbon neutrality by 2050, which is also a target of the United Arab Emirates and several other countries. We use cookies to optimize our website and our service. In 2022, he has gone full-time freelance. Of course here in Abu Dhabi, we have like many countries, a green, an amber and a red list, and we've started to see the green list now steadily increase. Tony Douglas, Etihad's chief executive officer, told Insider at the Dubai Airshow in November that airlines will soon compete on environmental performance, and those that aren't making. on behalf of all of the Etihad family."Group CEO Tony Douglas shares a. Browse an unrivalled portfolio of real-time and historical market data and insights from worldwide sources and experts. We had a very strong year of recovery, and I can remember to be honest, at the end of '19, almost thinking naively, what could possibly go wrong? September 15, 2021 Tony Douglas steps down as CEO of Saudi RIA after just 2 months Etihad's former CEO and the CEO of Saudi Arabia's new $30 billion national Airline RIA, Tony Douglas, has reportedly left office after just two months in his new role. In the first half of this year, 2021, we had a million passengers, so for us, given the fleet that we deployed, that was as of an average, give or take a bit about 25% load factor. I mean, you've been very active in the area of SAF, for example, just talk around a bit about what you've done and how you anticipate the volume of SAF being able to increase over this coming decade. Sustainable aviation fuels are in excess of two and a half times more expensive than conventional aviation fuels at the moment. If it was from one of the other locations within the region, five minutes after the aircraft takes off, if the person behind where you and I are sitting coughs and splutters, I think the chances of us contracting COVID are extremely remote. Douglas, the press release said, has decided to pursue an opportunity elsewhere, and will serve during his transition period as an advisor to the Board of ADQ Aviation and Aerospace Services Company., I am proud to have served as Etihads chief executive officer over the past five years, Douglas is quoted. Etihad's Tony Douglas agrees to join new Saudi airline RIA In Abu Dhabi is every time a country goes onto the green list within the following week our sales goes up anything between three and 600%. The 56 or so destinations we fly into, one might have been on a red list yesterday and is on the green list today, and somewhere else might have been green yesterday and is now red. Some of the key highlights can be found below.Among other issues, Mr Douglas talked of the importance o: - "Etihad Wellness" in attracting business class sales. There's a call out for regulators and governments, because there is a lot of dialogue around using as stick, ie, more punitive measures around taxation and penalties. Big picture first, what's the feel as you see it looking out of your window? New Saudi Arabia Airline RIA eyes Etihad's Tony Douglas as CEO: report We will co-operate with them, we will support them, because we feel that relationships matter and there is a lot of business to go around [], Lebanon is not relying on International Monetary Fund cash to stay afloat, a government minister has told AGBI, as the tourism sector alone contributed $9 billion in revenue last year. Etihad Chairman Mohammed Ali Al Shorafa thanked Douglas for his efforts: It was this summer when the first reports emerged that Douglas had been poached by the Saudi Public Investment Fund to lead the new airline, which unofficially has been branded RIA. And who would qualify better for the job than Douglas? Economic Development Research Organization. Etihad Airways net worth 103 Million Millions of dollars 99% Net worth score Disclamer: Etihad Airways net worth displayed here are calculated based on a combination social factors. We would know that there couldn't possibly be a function of any transmission from the cabin crew or the flight crew, and I think therefore, back to the whole need for a safer, more assured form of travel going forward is really important and something that Etihad has a huge amount of effort into being able to present.. At the age of years, Tony Douglas (businessman) weight not available right now. "Abu Dhabi first recruited Douglas in 2010 to head its state ports company and he later moved to Abu Dhabi Airports in 2013 to oversee a multi-billion new terminal project by 2017. Etihad Airways, Group CEO Tony Douglas: "never waste a good crisis" Required fields are marked *. He also previously served as chief executive of Abu Dhabi Airports Company (2013-2015), and as chief executive of Defence Equipment and Support department in the United Kingdom's Ministry of . In December 2020, the Abu Dhabi state fund that had owned the airline group since day 1, sold Etihad Engineering, Etihad Airport Services Cargo, Etihad Airport Services Ground, Etihad Aviation Training, Etihad Secure Logistics, and Etihad Technical Training to ADQ, an Abu Dhabi based investment fund and holding company.